what happens if I sign a guy, he is my player, but i can't use him cause he hasnt got a work permit :S help!!

I signed a guy from Mexico who failed his work permit, when I had signed him I just offered him a new contract and he was avaliable to play.

Do players need a work permit if you sign them for a club in bulgaria? cos im litex lovech and i was just wondering.

If you play with an English team like Arsenal for example, you must have a Feeder (Affiliated) Club in a country that have no "work permit issues" like Belgium, Holland or Spain. If you do, and you appeal and it gets rejected, you'll still be able to sign the player, but he cannot play and WP will appear next to his name. You'll have to send him to your affiliated club for as long as it is necessary to gain nationality for that country. With Belgium and Holland it is 3 years. Oh, you'll have to send him to that affiliated team every season, as he'll return after the end of every sesaon. He will then be able to play in your team. If you do not have an affiliated club in any country that have no work permit issues, you'll not be able to sign the player, every time, which is bad if you play with a club with a low reputation and your board deny your requests for an affiliated team.

this is the easiest way but beware, if you sign a youth you want to develope and send him away for example from man utd to their belgian (spelling) feeder antwerp, as the training at antwerp is pretty poor and they have to spend 3 years there, they will never reach their full potential as the years when their stats develope the most they have bad training.

also keep checking the players as when they start playing for the national side (if) you can offer them new contracts or approach to sign them again to see if they then get accepted.

I too have tried to sign several Brazillian players for Newcastle and they have all had their permits turned down.
I managed to sign Alex Teixeira but he had problems settling and requested I bring in Dentinho, he is a decent striker so I tried to but his permit was turned down, now Alex wants to be transfered..