leeumoconnor69

Arsenal 3 - 0 Scum
Reaction score
12771-albums187-250694.png

Fifa heads met a week ago to discuss the future of world youth football after several managers put forward a motion to re-structure the development process. Glenn Hoddle, who runs an academy for players who are out of contract and can't find a club, put forward the suggestion a few months back claiming promising players are not reaching their potential. Mr Hoddle stressed "Many promising players fall by the way side, simply because they are not given enough playing time, or have too much mature talent to compete with which causes lack of confidence."

Sepp Blatter claimed that the current youth structure formed of under 18s sides and reserves in many european countries is more than suffienct to provide talent for first teams. However the vote favoured Hoddle and his movement as many members of FIFA sided with the ex england manager.

A complete overhall of youth football has been discussed and FIFA have revealed their plans for next season.

FIFA Youth Football Re-structure:

FIFA is pleased to announce that youth football will be taking a step forward starting from next year. We have discussed a deal with Luxembourg to host the World Academy Football initative starting from the 2011/2012 season. FIFA sent the proposal to European, South American, North American, Asian and African clubs a few days ago. Applicants for the new structure have been recieved and studied as per seeding aggreements.

Managers of first team will be in charge of appointing managers for their academy sides. Reserves and under 18s will remain a part of the set up at each club as Academy teams are to enhance the brightest of young talent. Academy sides will be able to purchase players and at any time the First team may move players from the Academy into the main setup. Academy bosses may move under 18s players and reserves to their squad.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Competitions

Leagues will be formed in the following format, seeds will be displayed for your viewing.

European Academy Division (20) - England (4), Spain (3) Italy (3) Scotland (2) Germany (2) France (2) Portgual (2), Holland (2).

Inter-American Academy Division (20) - Brazil (4), Argentina (4), USA (4), Mexico (4), Honduras (1), Chile (1), Costa Rica (1), Paraguay (1)

African-Asian Academy Division (20) (To be completed)

1 domestic trophy will be competed for per division.

European Academy Cup
Inter-American Academy Cup
African-Asian Academy Cup

Winners of division and domestic cup will face off in Academy Shield matches before at the begginning of each season.

European Academy Shield
Inter-American Academy Shield
African-Asian Academy Shield

A cup format to host all of the leagues sides will be in place throughout the season, holding the highest reputation of all the silverware.

World Academy Cup (20 European Academy, 20 Inter-American, 20 African-Asian)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Sounds epic mate, I'll keep an eye out for the db... keep it up mate.
Is it like Barca and Barca B, where these have their own managers etc.

or

Do you as the manager of the main club control the team/training/transfers of the academy etc??

Sounds epic mate, I'll keep an eye out for the db... keep it up mate.
Is it like Barca and Barca B, where these have their own managers etc.

or

Do you as the manager of the main club control the team/training/transfers of the academy etc??

Thank you mate, are you interested in testing a season for me before i release it for download?

Its like barce b, you are in charge of buying youth and developing talent for the first team. You control only the academy but can move players between academy, reserves and under 18s of your club. If you first team manager fancies a player you bought he can take him anytime.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan i will send you a copy when finished hopefully today, cheers mate

yeah no worries mate, i'll test it out... send it over via pm...

Will do when its completed, just doing african asian league now, but am off out soon, so might not be finished until saturday

Sounds pretty good man, be sure to let me know when it's released!

Sounds pretty good man, be sure to let me know when it's released!

Will do, 10 teams done in african asian league 10 to go, think im going to just add another 2 to inter american to make all leagues consist of 20, would you also like to test a season for me? Need to figure out the problems before releasing for download

You might want to test it out over a lets say ten year period because bugs don't always appear after one of two seasons but I'm not volunteering to test it.

There is a good chance this could be finished tonight as i have an hour later on to crack on with it.

Testing it over 10 years would be ideal, but i dont see many issues with this database. I will crack on with an academy season for aslong as i can reporting any bugs along the way.

I have finished the database now, i will send it to you tommorow hopefully, few minor things to point out, the reserve teams of the academys make no difference so will have to find a way to filter out over 20s players, and first teams overhaul their squads with youth players but them start to send the, for availibilitiy.

Last edited:
European Academy Division and any expected time it will be ready by?

Cheers buddy

European Academy Division and any expected time it will be ready by?

Cheers buddy

Arsenal, chelsea, united, city, barcelona, real madrid, valencia, inter, milan, juventus, psv, ajax, porto, benfica, dortmund, bayern, marseille, psg, rangers, celtic

Its ready now mate for testing will be sending it to a few people to work out the early bugs, few problems to fix so far like players over 20 being moved to the academy from first team is annoying, but i have a few ideas to fix that.

Champions league spot from luxembourg needs to be removed, prize money to be sorted, transfer windows, will be sorted soon.

I also want to turn the world academy cup into a champions league like format, or remove that cup and have a playoff between the top teams from every division at the end of the season rather than having the world academy cup being the highest honour.

If you like later i can send you the test file i will be sending around? But none of this will be resolved by then.

Arsenal, chelsea, united, city, barcelona, real madrid, valencia, inter, milan, juventus, psv, ajax, porto, benfica, dortmund, bayern, marseille, psg, rangers, celtic

Its ready now mate for testing will be sending it to a few people to work out the early bugs, few problems to fix so far like players over 20 being moved to the academy from first team is annoying, but i have a few ideas to fix that.

Champions league spot from luxembourg needs to be removed, prize money to be sorted, transfer windows, will be sorted soon.

I also want to turn the world academy cup into a champions league like format, or remove that cup and have a playoff between the top teams from every division at the end of the season rather than having the world academy cup being the highest honour.

If you like later i can send you the test file i will be sending around? But none of this will be resolved by then.

Sounds great mate, and yeah because it is an academy you don't really want over 20/21. I'll happily test it for you, should I pm you my email?

Dumb question but will I be able to control my reserve team in the division?

Last edited:
Sounds great mate, and yeah because it is an academy you don't really want over 20/21. I'll happily test it for you, should I pm you my email?

Dumb question but will I be able to control my reserve team in the division?

Well squad rules dont allow you to have players over 20, so when they are in your squad they are un availible to play anyway,

Rserve team?

You are only in charge of the academy, so ic you are arsenal academy, arsene wenger is arsenals manager, you are the academy manager.

Hope this helps.

Here is the test file attached, no awards, transfer windows yet. Few things to still sort out but if anyone can post issues you notice will be a massive help, cheers lads.

First issue i itend to fix from playing a bit is the teams transfer budgets, they are way too high, i think unless its city or madrid i will move all the transfer funds below 10,000,000.

Last edited:
Looking good pal, not noticed any bugs as of yet, the only thing I would consider changing is the Academy Nation, as the players are not going to earn HG status, and I would change the league into a Continental Competition rather than a domestic league then you lose the issue of having to have all the academies in the Luxembourg nation... I'm not 100% certain if this would work but i think if it is possible with the editor then it would definitely make it better for the club... and for the international status of players as they will start to have a second nationality as Luxembourg, which would be ***** in the long run.

+

I wouldn't have the top teams qualifying for the Champions League and Europa League, that would be pretty ******. Now a new version of them eg. European Academy Champions League and European Academy Europa League etc.

Last edited: