pudster

Reaction score
I am fairly new to FM, but I have taken a very good newcastle team from the champ to 11th in the ist prem season.
I do have a very good team, this season and again I feel the team is under achieving.
I did edit a couple of players to the side when I first started and had a healthy bank balance, I found although I was promoted, the form throughout the champ season was riddled with inconsistancy, and then the ist prem season again inconsistant, finishing 11th. The start of my third season I have W 0 D4 L1, struggling to score.
When I hit bad patches I change formation but nothing seems to work for long, please halp somebody I feel like giving up as the team on paper is good enough to win the league, but fat chance of that happening.

My team as follows, GK and STR are world class edited players.
Johnson
R.Taylor, D Ayala, Lucio, L Enrique
Bolatelli, Hazard, Moutinho, Silva
Podolski, Goodman

+ world class subs.
I play Fluid attacking game with high def line, man marking etc.

My whole tactics are set up for an attacking game, I tried 4 3 3, 3 4 3, 4 1 3 2, nothing is giving me consistancy, and yet i see people on the forums winning league after league and putting 10 -12 stright wins together, somebody out there can surely help me.

If you edit and cheat and still don't win, you have a problem.

You edited in players, are SO BAD that you can't win with a world class squad, and you expect us to give you an answer without A) Being cynical and B) Detail.

he went newcastle of course he had to edit something to make them half decent :) jokes after boro failings tonight

Very good, but this still does not answer my question. If I try as many different tactics and are clear favourites pre match for every game should that not mean that attacking tactics at home should result in good results at least.

I am at the end of my time with FM 2010, if I dont get some results soon. I will give 2011 a go to see if I get the same issues, GOD I HOPE NOT.

P.S. This is the only management game I have failed to do well on. On the cheat buisness, I dont seem the harm in it as it a good way to get introduced into a new game.

A quick note, I was struggling to score last season, but as the season was at its end i was scoring for fun agaist anybody, the start of this season plenty of shots but hardly any goals, although i have W0 D4 L1 I average 20+ shots a game conceading on average 8 shots a game but after 5 games I have scored 3 conceded 4, good strikers, podolski 17 finishing and Gooodman 18 finishing.

its kinda wrong for you guys to condemn him for cheating, i mean its a game, it can be played in anyway he wanted......

But for your case, you ironically have a very very strong squad, if you look at real madrid(the present) you would understand that great players dont always make a great team. Maybe your players have low teamwork rating.

Balotelli and silva are much better playing in CF and AML respectively. Hazard is a playmaker, who can be played in CM, moutinho is alittle overrated but he is a decent box-box or deep lying playmaker.

So try playing the players in those kind of formation and make something new. You cant expect straight results but if you put them in the right roles and position you will surely see magic.

if i think,newcastle is attacking team(the real team),so just look for attacking tactic in fmbase..

Very good, but this still does not answer my question. If I try as many different tactics and are clear favourites pre match for every game should that not mean that attacking tactics at home should result in good results at least.

I am at the end of my time with FM 2010, if I dont get some results soon. I will give 2011 a go to see if I get the same issues, GOD I HOPE NOT.

P.S. This is the only management game I have failed to do well on. On the cheat buisness, I dont seem the harm in it as it a good way to get introduced into a new game.

A quick note, I was struggling to score last season, but as the season was at its end i was scoring for fun agaist anybody, the start of this season plenty of shots but hardly any goals, although i have W0 D4 L1 I average 20+ shots a game conceading on average 8 shots a game but after 5 games I have scored 3 conceded 4, good strikers, podolski 17 finishing and Gooodman 18 finishing.

I must add to this that all my efforts have been on the off line version, I have uninstalled and started again with the online version, so that the patch can be auto created as I tried with the offline patch but it failed to attach itself to the game.
I have started with the same team and settings as before, only played two league games 3-2 over WBA and 8-2 over READING, great start but time will tell, I am still slightly concerned about my defence though.
I found some mexican guy who has 18 finishing for 2m and has banged in a load in the first two games.

Last edited:
Like Reggeazal said, good players dont make a good team, I bet you didnt even consider the fact that the majority of those players dont speak english/dont fit in with the squad. Afraid theres nothing you can do

Have you read this thread?

I think tactics and team talks are your main problems in that case read this and this.

=D

Basically if you just want to win, ethics aside, use these tactics. I've played (often actually) my 17 year olds in this tactic because it has the corner cheat but also just wins games, simple as.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=2268

Things are going well for me at the mo with newcastle W12 D1 L1 GF60 GA12, QTR's of the league cup. I have tried to download tactic files before and when I try to attach them to the tactic file of the gane, it says its a rar file and all the other saved tactic files in the folder are a tac file, so when I try to upload from database it does not find it, any ideas, as I am not that up on certain things with computers.

Things are going well for me at the mo with newcastle W12 D1 L1 GF60 GA12, QTR's of the league cup. I have tried to download tactic files before and when I try to attach them to the tactic file of the gane, it says its a rar file and all the other saved tactic files in the folder are a tac file, so when I try to upload from database it does not find it, any ideas, as I am not that up on certain things with computers.

yeah you need a software like 7zip to extract the tactics from the RAR

Why do u need help then, that means your probs top of the league?