World Cup 2010: FIFA All-Star Team. Agree or disagree

HailVikernes

Reaction score
So Goal.com came out with the World Cup best XI and it is as follows:

Iker Casillas

Maicon - Sergio Ramos - Carles Puyol - Philipp Lahm

Wesley Sneijder - Xavi - Bastian Schweinsteiger - Andres Iniesta

Diego Forlan - David Villa

So do you agree with this team? Who do you think should and shouldn't be in there? Or is this team perfect?

Well they have put Ramos in the centre of defence, surely that isn't right. Yes he deserves to be in the team, but not if there is a beter right back than him already there...

Xaxi wasnt great in the world cup i think ozil should take his place.
Also Muellar should come in for Iniesta and Maxi perraria (Uruguay) should replace maicon imo.

what about the Young Player of the Tournement - Thomas Muller?

Well i don't know what they're doing with 3 right backs and 4 central midfielders, but they were all good in the world cup i guess

Its funny how every English person reckons that the third placed team should have more players than the finalists just because Germany stuffed England and Argentina.
Germany hardly touched the ball when they came up against Spain who actually kept the ball

Where is Muller,he was nothing short of amazing in the World Cup

Agree with all but the keeper.

Casillas out - Eduardo in
Xavi out - Muller in
iniesta out - Ozil in

Xavi is a passing master, how people are saying he shouldn't be in is wierd.

I'd favour Müller over Iniesta or Xavi, Neuer/Stekelenburg over Casillas, and Lugano over Ramos, as he didn't play CB.

Probably because his passing in this world cup was only like 87% and in Euro2008 it was 90%:p:p even if second is like 78%

I'd favour Müller over Iniesta or Xavi, Neuer/Stekelenburg over Casillas, and Lugano over Ramos, as he didn't play CB.

Agree with Muller over Iniesta. Neuer over Casillas. Maybe Friedrich over Ramos, imo.

Well i didnt think he a great world cup. For a passing master getting 1 assist in the world cup isnt good enough.

Well i didnt think he a great world cup. For a passing master getting 1 assist in the world cup isnt good enough.

How many games did spain win 1-0? most of them.

Xavi is about linking the play between the back line and the front line, thus, assists aren't his main priority.

How many games did spain win 1-0? most of them.

Xavi is about linking the play between the back line and the front line, thus, assists aren't his main priority.
Meh, we could be discussing this all day its all down to opinion and xaxi didnt do enough to get into my world cup 11.

Meh, we could be discussing this all day its all down to opinion and xaxi didnt do enough to get into my world cup 11.

Fair enough, although thought this thread was for disussing your opinions on the team, and that of others opinions? :)

Casillas out - Eduardo in
Xavi out - Muller in
iniesta out - Ozil in

this is pretty much the way I see it too, Casillas had one or two good games throughout this world cup, while Eduardo performed great.
Xavi wasn't close to what he can do, who cares if his pass completion is 80 or whatever %, short passes everyone can make, hardly any successful through ball is what he managed to do.
Now Iniesta or Özil played fairly good both of them, so that would be a preference matter i think..,also there are several central defenders that performed well that didn't make it into the team,

Last time i checked the best team is made out of best individual performances and not depending on the team who won the cup, Spain wasn't even one of the better performing sides during this tournament, there were at least 5 teams who played better than them. Just because they won it doesn't mean they played well.

There are several teams of the tournament to be found throughout the web, seen atleast 3 more by now that are somewhat different from this one. Any official one out by any chance?

It's close to my favourite team too. However, I don't agree with the coach and would also like to see Müller instead of Lahm. So it would be a 3-4-3 formation with Müller instead of Lahm.