World Cup 2014 Opening Ceremony

Operative Y

Reaction score
Anyone watching it or just waiting until the game kicks off? I was going to do the latter, but thought I'd check it out. I'm not going to deny it's well choreographed and seems to capture all aspects of Brazilian culture, but Pitbull and J-Lo were barely audible. I'm not saying that's a bad thing because their World Cup song sucks balls quite honestly, but I'm just wondering what the point was if they weren't going to turn their mics up loud enough to be heard.

But, as I said, I'm enjoying the rest of it.

It was god awful in my opinion but glad someone enjoyed it.

I've not heard Pitbull's World Cup song before the opening ceremony and after watching it just I've still not heard it. As Operative Y pointed out the sound was shocking. I'm sure it sounded great live in the stadium ​oO

As opening ceremonies go it was pretty ****** awful it has to be said. I mean we had the Queen and Bond jumping out of a plane for the Olympic opening ceremony, I fully expected Pele sky diving in fully clad in a ****** sponsored shirt. Hopefully the football will be much better.

As opening ceremonies go it was pretty ****** awful it has to be said. I mean we had the Queen and Bond jumping out of a plane for the Olympic opening ceremony, I fully expected Pele sky diving in fully clad in a ****** sponsored shirt. Hopefully the football will be much better.

Unfair comparision tbh, London was probably best opening ceremony of last 30 years. :p

Unfair comparision tbh, London was probably best opening ceremony of last 30 years. :p

Perfectly fair, Brazil had the advantage of seeing our opening ceremony first and they still come up with that rubbish. Not even the sight of Jennifer Lopez and her shapely **** could save it.