World Cup advice for low ranked team

oak606

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm a pretty experienced FM player and won a few World Cups but never with a low ranked team. I've taken over as Iran (nowhere near as bad as San Marino but not as good as Brazil, Spain, etc.) and while I'm doing alright I'm most likely never going to win the World Cup just doing what I'm currently doing. Besides messing with the editor to make the country create better new gens or a bigger population, can anyone give me some solid tips as to how I can develop a lower ranked national team?

Thanks!

Be a team in that nation, and win. only buy from other teams, increasing you rep, the league rep, and the money. only hire/improve HG layers and staff.

so for a nation that doesn't have the leagues already playable in FM (such as Iran) I really would need to install that country's leagues and manage one of those teams right?

If you want to do it properly ( without changing a lot of things in the editor ), it's going to take a long time.

Like wkdsoul said, you're going to have to improve the stature and reputation of the top division in that country, and to do that you need to improve the quality of the division. For example, take over a team and
  • Improve their facilities ( Training, Youth, Recruitment & Coaching )
  • Improve the coefficient of the league by doing well in the Continental competitions with that team.
  • The better your team does in the continental competitions, the more teams from your league will qualify for continental places.
  • This results in more money going into the league, which in general will improve the league even more.
Hopefully that will result in better regens coming from that country.

so for a nation that doesn't have the leagues already playable in FM (such as Iran) I really would need to install that country's leagues and manage one of those teams right?

Exactly.

I think it would be hard to achieve that without using the editor

At least you need to add a playable league for Iran

Thanks for the responses guys. Another thought I was having was say I do add the playable leagues for Iran for example, do you think simply winning everything possible over and over with one team and upgrading their facilities to the maximum possible would be enough to create enough good regens? Would I possibly need to move to a few of the Iranian clubs and upgrade all their facilities so they too were producing top quality regens or would dominating with one team suffice do you think?

Thanks for the responses guys. Another thought I was having was say I do add the playable leagues for Iran for example, do you think simply winning everything possible over and over with one team and upgrading their facilities to the maximum possible would be enough to create enough good regens? Would I possibly need to move to a few of the Iranian clubs and upgrade all their facilities so they too were producing top quality regens or would dominating with one team suffice do you think?

As long as there is money coming into the league (through TV money, continental competitions) then the other teams will grow, but it may not happen immediately.