• Argentina

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Belgium

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lxl Ra lxl

Reaction score
EDIT:
Yes! Only 4 teams left! Who do you think is gonna win the world cup?

FM-base favourite Colobia got kicked out by Brasil. France lost to Germany and Holland and Argentina going steady through the tournament. Poor Holland, Costa Rica and Belgium didn't get any votes, what will the results be this time?

I said at the start I'd choose for germany, but Müller is crying too much for me and Neuer is stalling the game all the time.
Brasil is only strong from set pieces imo, and i don't see any offensive threat from their frontline except Oscar. So it'll be an easy run to the finals for germany i think.
The other semi-finals is gonna be harder to guess. I think Argentina has some great individual class, but having 2 key players injured (Di Maria and Aguero) is too much, besides i don't think their organisation attacking wise is good enough to win the world cup.
Holland is just an average team, but they only incurred 2 field goals this tournament (1 wonderfull goal from Cahill and a long shot), the other goals were penaltys. That with having Robben on form and Sneijder looking like he's getting on form they are about as dangerous on the attack as Argentina. But I think the coach is gonna make the difference together with the tactics.

So after all, I hope Holland is gonna be world champs. Then they've beaten all the teams they lost to in previous world cup finals if it's going as i guess!

What is your opinion?

Last edited:
I want Colombia to win it, because all the other teams were barely scraping through their games. Their play is far more entertaining to watch and the wins way more convincing than all the other teams, with France being a close second and all the other teams at least 2-3 notches behind.

Be nice to see a different nation win it so im hoping Columbia can go all the way, they look the best team left in the competition.
As for Germany take away the Bayern Munich players in the team and they would be nothing special.
Still say it will be Argentina v Germany final tho

As for Germany take away the Bayern Munich players in the team and they would be nothing special.

I guess so, but you can't say that players from Dortmund are **** either (Hummels).
I haven't really watched columbia that good, but i'm not sure, it doesn't look like they've played against any top team. Their pool wasn't that hard compared to some others and Uruguay defenitly lost their touch after Suarez left. I'm not so sure if they'll perform if Rodriguez doesn't have his day or gets properly shutdown. I think other teams have more weapons to score a goal.

Be nice to see a different nation win it so im hoping Columbia can go all the way, they look the best team left in the competition.

Why take away Bayern players? They are Germans though.

Also they have some very good players who are not from Bayern.

France hopefully. Besides Columbia I think they have been the most consistent and impressive in their previous games however they haven't really had much of a challenge yet I suppose.

:(
Favourite Colombia got kicked out of the tournament.
Btw, i was kinda surprised when i saw that germany was #1(20%) according to the viewers of BBC (not so big surprise), but the Netherlands were placed 2nd with 18%. Is this because of the hype you're having, because Van Gaal is gonna be manager of ManU?

I'll refresh the poll after today's QF's.

No, it's because Holland have been playing very well and deserve their place in the quarter-finals. And, no offence to Costa Rica who are another team that deserve their place in their first quarter-final, but I'd be surprised if Holland don't beat them. Then it's either Argentina or Belgium for them in the semis. Both of those teams will pose a significantly bigger problem than the Costa Ricans and there's a chance they'll get knocked out, but once they get to the semis they've got as much chance as the other three teams of progressing to the final and winning the competition. Of course, there probably are people who voted for Holland just because LvG is the next United manager.

This turned out to be longer than intended.

Told you Germany v Argentina final