World Cup Finalists Fined!

now that i didnt see coming. probably just because its the final, should just be holland imo

9k and a 6k fine? thats pocket money for a pro footballer! atleast make it a fine that would of made them regret their actions. They would probably barely notice the money had gone with such a low fine.

"Fifa paid Spain £18.8million (€22.6 million) in prize money for winning the tournament, and the Netherlands were awarded £15million (€18.1million) as runners-up."

And they got charged £9k and £6k...

a fine of 9k? pathetic, might as well give them a pat on the back.

I agree,I am also uprised it took so long to fine them and sucha low fine,they make more in a week most of em

Dont think Spain should have got a fine, they got 5 yellows because Holland made it into such a physical match.

Stil Spain were involved in the match and they did get a smaller fine than Holland

And they should be fined, too. But that is hardly a fine: it's almost like asking Villa, who is now on a high-paid contract at arguably the biggest club in the world to lend a fiver :S

It's the ******* referee who should have been fined.
What a shame.

It's the ******* referee who should have been fined.
What a shame.

I would love to see you do a better job, the players gave the ref no chance of having a good game because they spent half the time kicking each other, and the other half rolling around on the floor.

Howard Webb had no choice and its amiracle he did not pull out a red card earlier

Yeah, that blue card he gave Heitinga was a bit of a wierd one.

The referee should have done something to cut all the violent actions by punishing them accordingly.
If the match gets violent the ref must stop it. If it continues during all the match, it's not as player's fault, it's the ref not doing his job.

Alcaraz, the fact that he didn't show a red car earlier is not a miracle, it's just that he did'nt do his job properly, because a red car should have been shown much earlier (when De Jong kicked Alonso, i.e.)

Dunc, of course Alcaraz knows there was a red car. If you read, he said "earlier".

Yeah, that blue card he gave Heitinga was a bit of a wierd one.

I mean that it was a miracle he did not show a red card before he showed the one to Heitinga as there were plenty of tackles that could have earned red cards

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

The referee should have done something to cut all the violent actions by punishing them accordingly.
If the match gets violent the ref must stop it. If it continues during all the match, it's not as player's fault, it's the ref not doing his job.

Alcaraz, the fact that he didn't show a red car earlier is not a miracle, it's just that he did'nt do his job properly, because a red car should have been shown much earlier (when De Jong kicked Alonso, i.e.)

Dunc, of course Alcaraz knows there was a red car. If you read, he said "earlier".

He was probably trying his best not to show 1 as really no one likes to see a red card in the World Cup Finals and although that De Jong Kick would have earned a red card in conventional League Matches,Webb just did not want to pull out a red card,eventually the Dutch left him with no choice though

I personally find it ridiculous that they are fining players for a feisty affair even though no red cards were shown in the match.

The Dutch players adopted a physical style and kept to it throughout, it was a good tactic to use against a technically superior Spanish side and they don't deserve this. However, considering it is a relatively tiny sum for them, then I guess it's barely a punishment.

I personally find it ridiculous that they are fining players for a feisty affair even though no red cards were shown in the match.

The Dutch players adopted a physical style and kept to it throughout, it was a good tactic to use against a technically superior Spanish side and they don't deserve this. However, considering it is a relatively tiny sum for them, then I guess it's barely a punishment.

Its ok to be physical a bit,thats part of soccer but the Dutch were extremely physical to the point that they could have cause an injury to one of the Spanish players such as De Jong's kick on Alonso and those nasty Van Bommel tackles,now that does go against the spirit of the game