Votes: 2 11.8%
  • USA

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other (Please State)

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

GazaLaad

Reaction score
Now that we know Brazil will hold the World Cup in 2014, Russia in 2018 and Qatar in 2022 who do we think will win or at least challenge at these tournaments?

Do Qatar or Russia have any chance?
In my opinion Russia do as they have always been an average side and with a little work and the home fans cheering they will be hard to beat but Qatar unless real improvement from what I have seen at the Asian Cup have no chance and would be lucky to grab a point.

Will an African Nation challenge?
I think that if Ghana keep building on there excellent youth teams then there is no reason why they cant keep improving and have a chance but they may have to wait until 2018 as Brazil I think will have to win it in 2014.

Who do you think will make there debut world cups in either of the three mentioned?
Well obviously Qatar will be deputising in 2022 but other that them its kind of hard to predict a team that will be lucky enough to get there but I will guess at Bahrain just because they have now been beaten in the play off by the Oceanic winners for two world cups in a row so they must win eventually :)

What do you all think?
Cheers.​

Jesus, there's 3 and a half years until the next World Cup! :mad: We could see amazing talent by then, without forgetting great players retiring.

Ireland 2014
Ireland 2018
Japan 2022 after they beat Ireland in the final because there robot player can fly higher than the Irish Farmer

Wow, there isn't much need for a thread such as this. We haven't even passed Euro 2012, let alone the World Cup. Not to mention an mass flow of new talent in comparison to today's stars.

Couldn't this wait for another two years?

Brazil, because it's in Brazil. It's inevitable.

Germany, they will pretty much have the same team in 2014 minus Klose, and they'll still have some of their best players in 2018