Season 3

Welcome back to my attempt at world domination. Before I go into the seasons outcome, I just thought I'd share the boards expectations for each tournament.

* Girabola - Title Challenge
* Angolan Cup - Not regarded as important
* Champions League - Learn from the experience
* Super Cup - Not regarded important

So the board only really wants the league title this season. With such low expectations how did we go on this season?

Not the start we were looking for, A defeat on opening day against are main title rivals left a bitter taste in our mouths. Further defeats to De maio and Caala left us with a lot of work to do to keep up with Petro Atletico as we sat 5th in the league, a mighty 12 points behind our title rivals. Surely the second half of the season can go better.

Another season where the second half to the season was stronger than the first. Again we were defeated by Atletico and after this the title was theirs to lose. The loss proved even more costly when we lost at home to 2nd place CRD Libolo. After that defeat we finished the season strongly as we went on a 10 game unbeaten run, notching up 8 wins in the process. So, with the great finish to the season was it enough to claw back the earlier points deficit and win the title?

Unfortunately not, the board seemed relatively happy though with our attempt at the title. Next season we will again be playing in the champions league, which is a bonus I suppose.

Angolan Cup

Just like in Nigeria, we were unable to retain the cup. To lose by 2 goals was a real shock as I believe our team is so much stronger than theirs. Oh well never mind.

Champions League

It was no great shock that we went out when we did as Raja Casablanca are one of the best teams in Africa. In truth we never looked convincing in any of our performances, only being able to win one out of the two legs showed that. In reaching the 2nd round we have qualified to drop into the African Confederations Cup (Europa League) a competition I experienced with Warri Wolves.

Super Cup

What a way to claim our second piece of silverware in Angola, as the stats state it was a very even match. The only difference was, our new striker, Amusan.

African Confederation Cup

BOOM!!!!! Our 3rd trophy in just over than a season. This was totally unexpected, especially as we only just scraped out of the group. The 5-4 defeat was hard to take as we led 3-0. With this win I have earned the right to join the Angolan hall of fame, only in 4th place with 8 points but its a start.

So after a fantastic season, how did the team stack up?

Several players had a great season such as, Opoku, Keita and Dickson. The main shout out has to go to[/URL]">Amusan though, despite only playing 3 and half games he managed to score 9 goals and claimed the player of the match awards in every game. The only problem I have with him is, I only play with one striker, so I'm hoping to change him into a AM.

Youth Intake

Probably the best intake I've had so far on this save, the only thing is though I've noticed that players are not reaching their full potential due to the poor training facilities. The board want to upgrade them but say they cant afford to which is a huge shame.

Finances

So there it is, my 3rd season in Africa. I would usually be on the look out for a new job now, but as i have only 2 trophies left to win i'm going to stick with them for now.

How are you finding Africa? I'm quite frustrated with signing players they just aren't interested alot of the time or have silly age demands!

How are you finding Africa? I'm quite frustrated with signing players they just aren't interested alot of the time or have silly age demands!

I'm quite enjoying it to be honest, I guess it might have something to do with the club/ your reputation. First season in Nigeria I struggled but once I won the cup and got in to Africa (weird not saying Europe) players wanted to join. Now im in Angola i'm getting offered players from all over the world and they're demanding low wages.

I'm quite enjoying it to be honest, I guess it might have something to do with the club/ your reputation. First season in Nigeria I struggled but once I won the cup and got in to Africa (weird not saying Europe) players wanted to join. Now im in Angola i'm getting offered players from all over the world and they're demanding low wages.

I've not a player from outside of Africa yet, but I have just gone to Morocco so hopefully it can improve.

Welcome back to World domination.

Last season was an amazing one, as I didn't expect us to be able to win a continental trophy in just our second season in the top tier of Angola. Can this season outdo last? Lets find out.

Board Expectations

* Girabola - Title Challenge
*Super Cup - Not Important
*African Super Cup - Not Important
*Angolan Cup - Not Important
*Champions League - Learn from the experience

Another season in which the pressure was off us, with the board only wanting the League title again this season the pressure was off us to compete in the other competitions.

As you can see we didn't get off to the best of starts as we lost 2 out of our first 3 games. The loss to Petro Atletico could be vital come the end of the season as we were 2-0 up before the team completely switched off and allowed the opposition to run us ragged. We put the defeat behind us and went on a 12 game unbeaten run which included 11 wins. After the first half of the season we sit top, 3 points clear.

The second half to the season went similar to the first, only losing 2 games. The loss to Santos angered me slightly as again we threw away a 2 goal lead. We rounded off the season with an 8 game unbeaten run to keep our title dreams alive. So have we manged to finally win the league at our 3rd attempt?

We sure have, it came down to the final game as we had to win because a draw would not have been enough due to the goal difference. It came as quite a surprise really as I didn't think we would be able to do it after the defeats to Petro Atletico home & away. With the league trophy safely stored in our trophy cabinet, we have now won everything possible in Angola.

Angolan Cup

Yet again for the 3rd time this season, we were outdone by our biggest rivals. I just can't seem to find a way to beat them.

Super Cup

Finally, we have managed to find away to defeat them. They made us work hard for it, and we were lucky to come out victorious as they had 2 goals ruled out.

African Super Cup

The scoreline suggests it was a close game, but it wasn't. It should never have gone all the way as we squandered many chances to win it in the first half. This win completes the unconventional treble for the season taking my tally to 6 trophies so far in Angola.

Champions League

We put up a good fight this year. After the first 3 games of the group stage we sat dead least and it was looking extremely unlikely that we were going to progress. We somehow turned our form around before being haltered by Egyptian side Zamalek in the Semi's.

After our triumphant season how did our squad look?

Yet again our huge success was down to the phenomenal scoring ability of our Ghanaian striker Antwi Opoku. Other players such as William Dickson and Jaquelino Araujo contributed greatly throughout the season, the latter being a Portugal U19 player. New signings, Alexander Lopez, Rafael Juarez and Hilder Colon bolstered the team as we went into the final stages of the season.

The transfers that can't be seen are only players that were released.

The finances have dropped recently due to plans for upgrading the training and the youth facilities which will cost around the £3 million mark.

After an amazing couple of seasons I have decided to step down as manager and move onto to Egypt with Wathi Delga.

Thanks for reading