Cole89

Reaction score

world-map1_zps93c649f2.png

Ok guys I have decided to give this another go after I really enjoyed the save last year. For those who don't know what this is, here is a little run down of my aims...

- Start out as unemployed with Automatic rep
- Try to win the top division in each nation
- Try to win all available cups, domestic & continental
- maybe top the hall of fame for each country/continent

Last year I opened it up to everyone to decide where I was going to start, but instead I chose it myself this year and I ended up choosing Africa again due to really enjoying my journey there on last years FM.

5340079_zpsfb2bd72f.png

Entente Sportive Setifienne
(E S Setif)

So Algeria is my first port of call, on this hopefully epic journey across the world. I'm really pleased to have managed to get this job, as Setif are one of the top clubs in Algeria so it gives me the chance to win trophies straight from the off.

ESSeacutetif_InformationGeneral_zpsd32dbfb8.png

The main thing that jumps out from this screenshot has to be the fact that we're in the African Champions League. This is down to the club winning the league last season. It just goes to show how lucky I have been getting this job at the start. A little thing worth mentioning is our estimated value, ?2m may not sound a lot, but from previous experience in Africa suggests that we are actually pretty well off.

ESSeacutetif_BoardroomFinances_zps16dc810d.png

As you can see the finances are looking fairly rosy, we have a great transfer budget for this level should we need to strengthen the squad. The % of the transfers gained is low, however I don't expect to be selling anyone just yet or if I do, it wont be anybody of great value so we wont lose out on too much.

EntenteSportiveSeacutetifienne_SquadPlayers1_zpse982fba1.png
EntenteSportiveSeacutetifienne_SquadPlayers-2_zps6b502a97.png

There we have the squad, from first looks it seems we have a fairly decent all round team. Plenty of players in each position will come in handy as I figure out my first 11. As I haven't yet decided on a tactic I don't know if we need to sign any players yet. I will most likely just keep the squad how it is until the next transfer window.

So there we have it, my start to World Domination. Hope you all will follow and leave plenty of feedback...

Cheers..

5340079_zpsfb2bd72f.png

One thing I didn't notice to start with was that the Algerian start date is in June/July with the league starting in August. However due to partaking in the Champions League, our season actually starts in February. After realising this after the fact the board was unhappy at our performances in the champions league (not with me as manager), I decided to re-start the game to a date that enable me to play the champions league games. So here is a little update on our progress so far through our 6 month long pre-season.

Board Expectations

African Champions League - Group stages
Algerian League 1 - Challenge for the title
Algerian Cup - Reach the final

127299_zpsebc05f62.png

EntenteSportiveSeacutetifienne_FixturesSchedule_zpsfe1fff1c.png

We started off our Champions League campaign with an away tie against Centre Chiefs FC from Botswana, We came through it with relative ease as most would probably expect of us.

We then drew MA Tetouan from Morocco, for both legs the Moroccan side were seen as favorites which made me a little nervous as our squad looked much more stronger than theirs. We were held to a draw in the first leg with the away side grabbing their self's an all important away goal. Unfortunately for us, it seems the away goal rule doesn't count as we drew 2-2 in the away leg which would normally see us through to the next round. Instead we were forced to suffer the nerve wrecking penalty shoot-out. Our guys managed to keep their heads as we managed to convert all 5 of our spot kicks to move onto the 2nd round.

We faced another Moroccan side by the name of FUS Rabat in the 2nd round, We fell 2-0 behind and our chances of reaching the group stages looked slim, but a 89th minute penalty ensured we left the game with an away goal which gave us hope in the return leg. The 4-1 win came as quite a shock as we failed in controlling the possession, the away side ended up walking away with 67% of the possession despite being hammered 4-1.
Into the groups we go.

AfricanChampionsLeague_OverviewStages_zps50e9da83.png

I'm not sure if this is correct or not but there only seems to be 2 groups and no drop down into the confederations cup if you come 3rd. However, I'm not aiming for 3rd, I believe we should be able to get through to the next round (the semi finals). Obviously Al - Ahly are going to be our biggest rivals for that top spot but if we compete the way we're capable of then anything can happen.

EntenteSportiveSeacutetifienne_FixturesSchedule-2_zps748f4bf4.png

I believe that pre-season is all about building the fitness and not the results, ok if we lose every game then the morale isn't going to be great. But as you can see, we are only in May so we still have 3 months before the start of the proper season. You may notice we play the same teams a few times, that is for one reason and one reason only, MONEY. For each game against the European teams, we receive between ?200k - ?350k. This money has really helped me to provide the board with a great bank balance at the end of each month.
Here are the finances.

ESSeacutetif_BoardroomFinances-2_zps7c362d24.png

Finances are looking much stronger than they were at the start of the game and they're only going to get better as we've still got 3 months to play friendlies and gain some income from them. We have managed to increase our % of transfer revenue from 15% to 55% which is great as we are receiving a lot of offers from other clubs for our more valued players. Speaking of transfers lets have a look at what we've done so far...

ESSeacutetif_TransfersTransferHistory_zpsb29aa0c8.png

I haven't sold anybody as of yet due to me getting to know the players and finding out which one's are no-hopers and which one's could offer the team something. The incoming players weren't essential but will provide some great back-up. Loic feudjou was brought in as a younger choice in the goalkeeping area, he won't be first choice but may feature in the cup games. Next up is another keeper who I spotted straight after finalising the Feudjou deal. Unfortunately though I have only just noticed that Faouzi Chaouchi has actually got a global ban untill 30th May 2015. Finally is the big name signing, a former FA Cup winner, Papa Bouba Diop. he's no spring chicken I know but his experience is going to be vital for some of our younger players and should be a real coup for this quality of football.

So, there is part 1 of our pre-season & Champions League campaign. Hope you enjoyed the read, any feedback is greatly welcomed.

Good Luck mate. I'm doing a European Journeyman save and am really enjoying, and I'm sure you'll enjoy this loads too.

How did you manage to get the Algeria league? I would love to try this sort of challenge

good luck with this mate, im doing my own file for this, ive started in Oceania in the Cook Islands. hope I could continue playing this til the next FM

Dont know how you got the 2nd best Algerian team already in the African CL starting out unemployed :O

Dont know how you got the 2nd best Algerian team already in the African CL starting out unemployed :O

I have no idea either... there were around 140 jobs going so i applied for them all.... got interviews for a fair few and this was the first to get back to me.... after looking throught their history and what not i accepted it

good luck with this mate, im doing my own file for this, ive started in Oceania in the Cook Islands. hope I could continue playing this til the next FM
I was tempted to start there aswell but i enjoyed africa on last years fm too much so that won it in the end

Good Luck mate. I'm doing a European Journeyman save and am really enjoying, and I'm sure you'll enjoy this loads too.

I really enjoyed on fm13 untill it was corrupted so im sure i'll enjoy it again this year

5340079_zpsfb2bd72f.png

Hi all....
I was originally going to post the 2nd part of Pre-Season, but a couple of days (game time) after I posted the last update, I got a message saying pre-season would start in 5 weeks. However, due us partaking in the Champions League that took up most of time we had spare before the league season started.

ESSeacutetif_TransfersTransferHistory-3_zpsa7eb8680.png

Oh and I was given a transfer budget of ?1.4m, probably down to the money I brought in through the friendlies.

127299_zpsebc05f62.png

I couldn't decide on where I should start with the fixture posting and then I thought, where better than the Champions League?So in the last update you saw us reach the expectations of the board which was to gain qualification to the group stage, this is where we faced tough competition in the form of Egyptian side Al-Ahly, Sudan's Al-Hilal and fellow Algerian side JSM Bejaia. That's the recap sorted let's see how we got on shall we???

AfricanChampionsLeague_OverviewStages-3_zps4e5adf47.png

Well it was eventfull, we won the first game before following that up with 2 defeats against Al-Hilal and Al-Ahly, and I though are dreams of reaching the semi final were in tatters. That was before we showed a little resilience to once again beat JSM and then get revenge on Al-Hilal. Going into the final game, we knew that only our goal difference could knock us out, thankfully Al-Hilal couldn't get the goals they needed to pass our difference. Into the Semi's we go where we would face Egyptian side Zamalek.
A 4-1 scoreline meant that we had all but sealed our place in the African Champions League Final thanks to a hat-trick from striker El Aid Madouni. This meant that we could just sit back and relax away in the 2nd leg, We ended up finishing the game 0-0 which was a great result away from home. Into the Final we go...
The final was to be played over 2 legs just like all the qualifying games and the semi finals, in the 1st leg we would face off against TP Mazembe in front of our own crowd, surely this would give us the edge wouldn't it? Unfortunately it didn't as we were held to a 1-1 draw which probably gives the opposition the advantage going into the all important 2nd leg at their place. So.... how did we do in the 2nd leg???

EntenteSportiveSeacutetifienne_FixturesSchedule-5_zpse3353ee5.png

12015290_zps46beb330.png
EntenteSportiveSeacutetifienne_FixturesSchedule-6_zps3948e5a2.png

Our league form has been a little inconsistent but I'm putting that down to concentrating more on different things. I'm not quite half way through the league campaign so there is still plenty of time to hopefully turn some of these results around. Anyways how does that leave the league table looking?

AlgerianLeague1_OverviewStages_zps74f8651c.png

Ok.... so it doesn't look good at the moment, we have however got 2 games in hand which could knock the points deficit down to 11 points. The funny thing about the league standings is that JSM are top, We've not only beaten them in the league this season, we've also beaten them twice in the champions league so they're not that good. Hopefully we'll get the better of them again along with everyone else in the 2nd half of the campaign.

12015344_zps2642fea4.png

The boards minimum expectations in the Algerian Cup was to reach the final which I thought was quite reasonable. So lets see how we've done.

EntenteSportiveSeacutetifienne_FixturesSchedule-7_zpsa4ab1d32.png

Hmmmm quite a disaster really, understandably the board are fairly ****** about are exit so early on. I suppose we'll learn from our mistakes and improve next season if I'm still here.

You may have noticed that I haven't posted the 2nd leg of the Champions League final, I'm thinking of doing a match report sort of thing for it maybe later on so I'll leave you all hanging till then.
Cheers for reading.....