World Football Draft

Eds

Reaction score
The concept of the Football Draft is simple. Say twenty people, are assigned teams. They then pick the best player for their squad they feel is still available and at the end of the draft, squads are compared and there is discussion about who's is the best.

Not explained that well at all, but it could be interesting. Anyone interested? Also, anyone interested in running the thing, I don't have enough time.

Interested
Eds
Sumsion10
Mally
Cooper123456
Ronan

Last edited:
If I understand correctly, sounds like it could make for an fun network game.

Say me, you, Jim, Bob, Tom and Tim were in the draft.

Round 1 Order
Tim
Tom
Me
You
Bob
Jim

Round 2 Order
Jim
Bob
You
Me
Tom
Time

We go through these rounds and people pick the best players they can to form a good squad of 25. At the end of the 25-round draft people will each have a 25-man squad.

Yeah, I did understand. I wouldn't mind setting something like that up. I meant what I said about the network game.

I was speaking to Irish Scouse, actually. But yeah, could make a decent network game, definately. You up for running it?

I was speaking to Irish Scouse, actually. But yeah, could make a decent network game, definately. You up for running it?

Haha, yeah I figured that out about 10 seconds after I posted my response. :p

I would be up for something like that. Should we do custom teams or existing ones?

Custom teams, completely from scratch.

Ok, very cool. I have to step away for my sister's B-day party but when I get home I'll PM you about any more details.

Right, it sounds quite interesting, but i'm not sure about making it a net game, as it's usually a farce trying to actually sort out a net game and getting people available.

If you mean a draft, like they use in MLS, NBA and so on, then yeah it sounds brilliant. But i'd like to introduce a few new idea's?

You have a maximum transfer budget. which goes in order of you're draft, which you would have to sort. So it could look something like this:

1. Tim - £350 Million
2. Bob - £300 Million
3: Rob - £250 Million
4. San - £200 Million
and so on...

also, in the NBA, there's a thing called a salary cap, which again could be decided by how high up in the draft you come and so on.

anyway, just my thoughts...

I don't think a transfer budget would work. I think just allowing people to pick who they want would work best.

I really don't understand what use mean by this could someone explain? (sorry for being thick)

I really don't understand what use mean by this could someone explain? (sorry for being thick)

LOL... I think they mean starting up a network game and creating teams on it.
Then picking professional players to be on their team. Like a Draft :)

Yer but how would it work in a network game? Wouldnt everyone just want the same players that everyone normally buys?

Say me, you, Jim, Bob, Tom and Tim were in the draft.

Round 1 Order
Tim
Tom
Me
You
Bob
Jim

Round 2 Order
Jim
Bob
You
Me
Tom
Time

We go through these rounds and people pick the best players they can to form a good squad of 25. At the end of the 25-round draft people will each have a 25-man squad.

Read above

I wouldnt mind running this, (its about time i did something useful for these forums).

This is not a network game, it has got nothing to do with Football Manager or any manager game. It is to see that if we could pick a team out of all the players in the world, whose team would be the best (which could be decided by a poll).

Rules: Anyone who wishes to participate picks a team name, i will then ,using all the teams entered, randomly choose the order of the draft. After the first round of picks where each participant chooses 1 player for their squad the draft order is reversed so whichever person picked last will pick first in round 2. This process will continue until every team has full team of 11 starters and 7 substitutes. The team owner can then choose whatever formation and all the teams will be compared to decide the best one.

Only enter if you have a decent footballing knowledge and know more players than just the Messi's and Ronaldo's. Also if you can come on at least once a day to pick your player.

Please post if you would like to be involved, I'll pick the draft order in 24 hours if we have enough people.

Thanks and good luck :)

I would like to participate but i dont have time to run it :(.

I would have joined but going on holiday next week :p