Reaction score
playing FM 2012

started unemployed and got a job as Hereford Manager in league two.

after a couple of seasons finished 2nd and got promoted to league onw. won League one in second season and promoted to championship.

now i am in Jan 2017 first season in championship and sitting top of table (by one point) the top 6 teams are within 10 points of each other so i might yet finish out of play off positions with games to play against West ham, Fulham, and Sunderland. I was lucky enough to find a Striker who its only 19 and is turning out to be PL potential and along with all my free signings have developed a good team. my problem is are they too good?

my stadium can only seat 5150 my training facilities are adequate (though I have a 4 star coaches) my plan was to have a good first season in championship save some money and build better training facilities before I push for promotion. but my stadium was almost half capacity for first half of season and bad draw for first game in FA cup haven't made as much money as I wanted to but will probably manage a decent profit (£500k) by the clubs standards by the end of the season.

however I fear if we get promoted my team will be decimated by the EPL clubs and with no ability to train them better and no stadium that can generate money I will be right back to the championship with morale destroyed and my best players wanting to leave.
so should I ensure I stay in the championship by playing my youngsters at the end of the season?
what consequence will there be for such a small club getting to the EPL?
and if I do gain promotion what effect will have an immediate relegation have?