Worst first game of the season?

rulebrit

Reaction score
As a veteran FM and original CM player, I have just experienced the worst first game of a new save ever.I have achieved all sorts with FM11 from LLM to the Prem, Champions League glory, journeyman save where I started with VVV Venlo and ended up winning the title in every major country and the Champs League several times. However a new save for the first time managing my favourite team Arsenal and I got stuffed away to Newcastle 5-1 and believe me it could have been 9 or 10. Hopefully I can turn it round. Just wondering has anyone else had a first game in a new career as bad ss this? And did they manage to be successful in the end?

I got trashed by Aston Villa 4-1 away from home back on FM10. I was also Arsenal. Senderos, **** you!!! :mad:

But did lose 1-3 When I was arsenal in 2010 against Everton and in fm 11 Utd 2-3 Everton they are the only losses ever!

i started with brentford in my latest save and ended up losing 5-1 to peterborough then losing 4-0 to swindon, both of them eventually came up with brentford that season :p

This season I'm currently in- League One, 2014-2015 with Hayes & Yeading I lost 4-0 on the opening day :O

the first time i went one a trophy drought around 2013-16. devastating times. despite keeping a Top 4 positions, i got kick out, dominated, or lost in final of most cup games and league.

Brentford x:1290583 said:
i started with brentford in my latest save and ended up losing 5-1 to peterborough then losing 4-0 to swindon, both of them eventually came up with brentford that season :p

Good effort mate! morale must have been rock bottom after those two loses.

Lol_101:1290625 said:
the first time i went one a trophy drought around 2013-16. devastating times. despite keeping a Top 4 positions, i got kick out, dominated, or lost in final of most cup games and league.

I've had times like that on previous fm's, reaching 3 CL finals in a row and losing all three, one-nil or pens, all that time and energy put into a season. Wasted!!

I was managing Arsenal in a network game with my cousin when I got wrecked by the amazingly woeful Blackburn. The score finished 6-1 to them.

i guess losing the charity shield 3-0 to man city was quite bad with man utd