Tomas360

Reaction score
Although this is the BETA version, some attributes are very wrong.

Daniel Sturridge:
14 Acceleration
13 Speed

Lallana:
10 Acceleration
10 Speed

Raphael Guerreiro:
13 Speed

Danilo Pereira:
8 Heading
12 Jumping

Luis Suarez (Not a big deal):
18 Finishing (Higuain has 20)

Ricardo Pereira (Nice):
Nothing is right. Positions. Defensive Stats. Weak Foot.

Bas Dost:
14 Jumping

Xhaka:
14 Aggression. (Should be 18. Same happens to Bailly, he's got 16)

Bonucci:
17 Passing. (Great BPD, but let's not exaggerate)
19 Vision.

Weigl:
14 Passing (Should be 16)

Aubameyang:
14 Finishing

Slimani:
18 Finishing. (Should be 16)
15 Work Rate. (Should be 18)

Any other player attributes that you don't agree with?

Auba scored 52 goals in his last 62 appearances but his finishing is 14?

Milner looks like ****. Trust me, when they put him as a Left-Back, his CA will increase by a lot, so FM Editors will have to downgrade some stats. Same for Ricardo Pereira who is missing his Left-Back position.
Moreno looks better than Milner...

I was pretty shocked by Studge and Lallana too. No way are they both that slow

Firmino has 13 Finishing. From what I have seen he deserves a little more.

Oliver Torres (FCP) always gets 18 Passing (Same as Iniesta; Verratti; 4 more than Weigl; 3 more than Thiago Motta).

Griezmann's 17 crossing is way high. 15 pace and acc is too low for him.

And guys, if you want to see the meaning of underrated, check Mkhitaryan. Can't even look at it

Are the attributes, CA/PA etc all final in the beta? Or can they change for the full release?

I was thinknig they seem to have been pretty hard on some players, especially ones who've really excelled so far this season. Sterling has been hit a bit hard and Milner is just ridiculous, also surprised that both Firmino and Countinho seem to have gone down instead of up.

I was pretty shocked by Studge and Lallana too. No way are they both that slow

TIL Sakho is faster than Sturridge. I mean, I know he's not as fast as he used to be, but... 13?

Are the attributes, CA/PA etc all final in the beta? Or can they change for the full release?

They're pretty much final. The only changes I'd imagine is if there's been an obvious mistake. But the attributes are pretty much set for this year. The beta is more to iron out bugs and glitches, they don't really care if we disagree with the ratings. Everyone has an opinion anyway.

I love both Pogba and Coutinho, but come on.... Coutinho 13 Long shots, Pogba 19... Also Bale 19.
I think Coutinho scores more long shots in a year than the previous too. However, I don't see every single Liverpool match, so I don't know if he misses a lot of long range chances.

If any of you ever used Editor, you will know a[FONT=arial, sans-serif]mbidexterity/ acceleration/ agility/ stamina/ decisions and positioning (defensive) have a HUGE impact on CA.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Also giving a midfielder like Sergi Roberto and Milner a full-back position, the CA boosts up by 6-8. Giving a right back (left back) a left back (right back) position too, will also increase CA by 6-8.[/FONT]
That is why you see players like Xabi Alonso (amazing stats) with a relatively low CA.
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]Here is my issue, they either have to take the weightings off these attributes, or lose the fear of having medium-quality players with high CAs.
It is horrifying to look at some players.
[/FONT]

Also to add insult to Sturridge and Lallana, ive just seen that Klavan has 16 pace!

Noticed Liverpool bet 2 free kick takers are karius and mignolet

Liverpool Players

I'm sure everyone thinks this of their own team, but... wth. I think Liverpool have been royally screwed this year.

Sturridge pace 14-13
Lallana pace 10-10
Entire James Milner. (13 at penalties. what the actual ****?)
Maybe a little biased on this one... but Coutinho 13 on long shots? 11 on free kicks? Less than Fabianski and Bebe? Same as a 38 year old Norwegian Centre back? I mean... come on.
Mane looks awful as well.

On th plus side Origi looks like he could be world class. I will probably sell Sturridge and play him on most my Liverpool-saves.

Daniel Sturridge:
14 Acceleration
13 Speed

Lallana:
10 Acceleration
10 Speed

Raphael Guerreiro:
13 Speed

Danilo Pereira:
8 Heading
12 Jumping

Ricardo Pereira (Nice):

Bas Dost:
14 Jumping

Xhaka:

Bonucci:
19 Vision.

Weigl:

Aubameyang:
14 Finishing

Slimani:

Clearly a Liverpool supporter.

I'm sure everyone thinks this of their own team, but... wth. I think Liverpool have been royally screwed this year.

Sturridge pace 14-13
Lallana pace 10-10
Entire James Milner. (13 at penalties. what the actual ****?)
Maybe a little biased on this one... but Coutinho 13 on long shots? 11 on free kicks? Less than Fabianski and Bebe? Same as a 38 year old Norwegian Centre back? I mean... come on.
Mane looks awful as well.

On th plus side Origi looks like he could be world class. I will probably sell Sturridge and play him on most my Liverpool-saves.

I'll give you Coutinho and Sturridge, maybe +2 for Sturridge, Coutinho should have about 16-17 long shots

About an hour ago I started a Liverpool career.
I ignored Sturridge's stats (slower than Ings and Klavan) and Coutinho's long shot stat.
Lallana... fine, I'll use him as a midfielder, won't need speed.
But COME ON!..... Milner 12 Decision making, 12 Passing, can't even play as a Left-Defender.
Conclusion, FM -> Quit Game -> Quit without saving? -> Yes...

I'm not a Liverpool supporter. I'm an FCP supporter. I can't tell you Brahimi is overrated. Corona isn't that quick. Danilo IS STUPIDLY underrated at heading. Why the f**k is Helton in the team. He isn't at Porto anymore.

I usually spend nearly as much time in editing as I play FM. Sad, yeah. But I don't mind it. I would do this "job" for free. These guys get payed for nothing.

About an hour ago I started a Liverpool career.
I ignored Sturridge's stats (slower than Ings and Klavan) and Coutinho's long shot stat.
Lallana... fine, I'll use him as a midfielder, won't need speed.
But COME ON!..... Milner 12 Decision making, 12 Passing, can't even play as a Left-Defender.
Conclusion, FM -> Quit Game -> Quit without saving? -> Yes...

I'm not a Liverpool supporter. I'm an FCP supporter. I can't tell you Brahimi is overrated. Corona isn't that quick. Danilo IS STUPIDLY underrated at heading. Why the f**k is Helton in the team. He isn't at Porto anymore.

I usually spend nearly as much time in editing as I play FM. Sad, yeah. But I don't mind it. I would do this "job" for free. These guys get payed for nothing.
It is important to remember that pace isn't the best determinant of speed on a football pitch. Football is a collection of small sprints over a small distance. The biggest factors are acceleration and agility. In a real world situation, there are few instances whre pace plays a significant role. A good example is Bellerin vs Usain Bolt. As everybody knows, Bellerin is faster over 60 meters. Does it matter? No, Usain Bolt has much more pace. In a real world situation, footballers would be running over much smaller distances than Usain Bolt. Remember 2008 Cristiano Ronaldo? He had bundles of acceleration and used to be lightening off the mark. Now he's as slow as anyone over a short distance and rarely beats anyone 1 on 1, however during counter attacks, he can run close to 100m on a pitch quicker than many Olympians. Agility is a vital factor. It helps the footballer deal with multi-directional movement which isn't exactly seen on the running track. Players like Bale and Ronaldo lack acceleration and agility, however their pace means that they are essentially lightning in a straight line.

I was talking to Joe McLoughlin last year about the difference between a Premiership footballer and League 1 player physically. He said that they are generally about even in fitness tests but Premier League players have explosive power. He talked about how premier league players could jump much higher from rest for example. He referenced Eden Hazard's huge glutes and how that's where he gets explosive power. My point is that quick doesn't = pace. Klavan would only be quicker than Sturridge in an ideal scenario. 1) They are running in a straight line from rest. 2) They are running over a large distance. Firstly, how many times do centre halves have the ball knocked in behind facing their own goal? If the ball was knocked behind from a well-timed run, Klavan would have to turn with his 7 agility, by which Sturridge would be away after turning quicker (17 agility) and higher acceleration (+2 acceleration) by which it would be too late for his 16 pace to make a real difference. Maybe Klavan is quick over large differences in Liverpool's speed tests?

Lallana isn't particularly quick nor has a burst of pace. He has 18 first touch, 17 dribbling and 18 technique. He's technically gifted. Combine that with 16 agility which allows for quick multi-directional movement and 17 balance (resists challenges) he's be as silky on the ball as real life. He isn't athletic in the slightest and he doesn't rely on pace at all. The only stat I'd argue is harsh is the acceleration stat. Players notorious for their acceleration off the mark have seen big downgrade. Sterling (19 to 17), Oxlade-Chamberlain (18 to 17) and Alexis Sanchez (18 to 17) are all among the quickest you'll ever see over a few yards. What's even more shocking is that Eden Hazard who's notorious for his glutted had an acceleration downgrade (20 to 17) and Antonio Valencia who's physically gifted (18 to 15).

Coutinho has 13 long shots and the shoots from distance PPM. That's hardly terrible and he should score a few. If you look at his shot maps in real life, Coutinho had double the number of shots and scored 2 less. Firmino has 14 long shots and not only is his xG per shot much higher, but he outperforms it. Coutinho's shooting is generally a mixed bag. Absurd amounts of low quality long shots. He will probably get an increase in free kicks though. Having a large quantity of wayward shots and having a few go in doesn't make you good at striking the ball. Firmino outperforms the metric a lot and he's arguably significantly more efficient from distance.

I sort of feel for you all about some ratings to an extent. Players like Milner, Sterling, Walcott, Iwobi, Son, Gueye etc will get upgrades in January. The ratings were made at the end of last season so some downgrades were justified. James Milner has a green/yellow competent stat for full back. He hadn't been playing there before this season and given his likely high versatility stat, he will train to accomplished in 4-8 weeks. This is realistic. He isn't natural there. James Milner's passing stat is justified. Especially considering player like Weigl have 14.

Daniel Sturridge:
14 Acceleration
13 Speed

Lallana:
10 Acceleration
10 Speed

Raphael Guerreiro:
13 Speed

Danilo Pereira:
8 Heading
12 Jumping

Ricardo Pereira (Nice):

Bas Dost:
14 Jumping

Xhaka:

Bonucci:
19 Vision.

Weigl:

Aubameyang:
14 Finishing

Slimani:

Raphael Guererro has 16 acceleration, 17 agility and 17 work rate. He would roast opposition full backs for days. As referenced above, I highly doubt he's lightning over larger distances.

I can't comment on Pereira but I know that Suarez and Higuaín have spot on finishing stats. According to expected goals models, Higuaín for the past 5 seasons has probably been the most overachieving finisher in Europe while Suarez is also up but not to the extremes of Higuaín. This is another misleading stat. Finishing doesn't = goals scored. First touch (to set the shot), composure, anticipation (predicting the decisions of others, predicting passes to beat the offside trap and flight of the ball), decisions, concentration (helps with striking the ball consistently and also beating the offside trap), off the ball (general movement), decisions (when to make runs) and determination the key factors. This is why Podolski has had just one 20+ goal season and Costa/Cavani get on the end of so many chances.

With Bast Dost, he is 192 cm. If good balls at pinged to his head, he should win the flick on if defenders aren't able to jump to their full potential. SI clearly feel that Bast Dost can't jump with a jumping reach of 14. Height is taken into account in the match engine and Dost will still be adequate aerially for a target man.

With Xhaka, aggression seems quite accurate. There are hidden stats that can determine the likelihood to be booked such as dirtiness. This is why Xhaka is a yellow card magnet in game and Koscielny with 18 aggression sees few bookings in comparison.

Bonucci is an interesting one. Technique wise, I'd say he deserves the 17 passing. His passing is exceptional. Remember Pique has 16 and Bonucci has a more expansive passing range. 19 vision is hard to justify. There are very few opportunities for players in his position to showcase such vision. We haven't seen enough to prove this rating wrong but on the other hand, there haven't been opportunities to justify it either.

Weigl is an interesting one. I predicted a passing boost rather than a downgrade. It was shocking for me. His mentals and technical paint a different picture. He has 16 technique and first touch with the ppms of switches ball to other flank, comes deep to get ball and dictates tempo with 18 composure, 16 concentration, 18 decisions, 18 anticipation and 17 stamina. I sort of agree. I think his passing stat is a tad underrated but the others combined with ppms reflect him well as a dlp. Passing doesn't just make a dlp. He isn't very creative and his passing may be good but not among the best technically, however his mentals and ppms show that he would be among the most effective in fm for midfield control.

Aub has 16 composure, 15 anticipation and 18 off-the-ball (insane movement) with the knocks ball past opponent and places shots ppm with insane pace. He's a goal machine in FM as in real life. Remember that finishing isn't the determining factor for goalscoring ability. Finishing doesn't necessarily = more goals. He has 16 composure and places shots meaning that he should be clinical. 15 anticipation and 18 off the ball means a good reading of the game and excellent movement. Combine this with 20/19 pace and acceleration, he's a monster. He doesn't justify the finishing stat irl. Technically, he's nothing special in front of goal. It's pace, movement and a good reading of the game that makes him the player he is.

The Slimani argument is not much more than semantics. 27 in 33 is special for a static target man in a decent league. Admittedly it isn't one of the top few but it's still top 6 in the world. How many target men score that many. Admittedly I haven't seen him that much but I suspect insane finishing is at play. 15 work rate is hardly poor either.

The ratings are a very surprising even for me and while I disagree with a few, the furore is exaggerated. I think we all have prejudices etc that attacking midfielders are quick and defenders can't be that good on the ball. For example, if Lallana played centre back, he would have a reputation for being slow and nobody would dispute the rating.