james4293

Reaction score
Fancied a challenge so started in BSS with Weston super mare, predicted 22nd of 22 and ended up first winning the Vans trophy with a crushing 4-1 win over Grimsby.
Because of who i was couldnt sign most the people reccomended on here but did get fofana who was amazing and WSM had a good wee striker too Kabba he didnt get a game for my first ten games, then came on scored so i left him in ended up on 28 goals.
The other striker i managed to get was Tim Hopkinson who was outstanding too didnt score as much but always good ratings and when he got injured last 5 or so games Kabba slowed right down.
And a special mention for James Taylor ex Newcastle great at right back.

How i did it was...
First everyone i signed was Full Time all staff made full time (didnt have many, never used scouts) I think it helped being full time. Released everyone not needed vital for the wage bill. Match prep was set to 2 formations my used one 424 attacking strategy. Passing more direct, closing down press more, and when tim hopkinson was playing used him as target man.

I hope this helps someone else or inspires someone to use the predicted worst team in the worst division

lol good result there!

I also have Tim Hopkinson, hes done well for me with my Montrose team, got me to the 2nd division and hopefully will carry on to the 1st. I don't usually play with a target man but i'm going to try him in that role and see how he does

I think he will do a job in the first too not sure about SPL, but i havent played in scotland though dont like the fact you play everyone so much

The biggest downside for me playing in scotland is no reserve league, major pain having to set up friendlies for the backups.

Montrose was my first ever team when i started playing fm11 so i have a soft spot for them, had never played any type of fm game before so why i jumped into LLM i have no idea lol learned alot pretty quickly though!

I love playing the crappiest team possible. The weakest, poorest, most in debt team with the smallest stadium and then bringing them to L1 :)
It brings me great joy.

Good reason to keep playing them i actually know a guy not from Montrose who supports them which is amusing, i live in Aberdeen so that i my team.

And Phallus I totally agree and i think its why games like this are loved so much cater for everything, I have normally just been and England Italy Spain player but read about a guy who started unemployed with all the really small leagues on eventually got a job with one of the worst Jamacian teams and is trying to do things there i think he is doing quite well only problem is attracting players wish i could remember his name..

So Phallus, Carcon there is your next challenge there if you are going to start a new save give me a bell and i will try it at same time see who we end up with

Yeah i enjoy the challenge of starting with nothing and attempting to succeed!

I've just ventured into attempting to make my own training schedules so we will see how that goes.

I'll probably stick with this save till fm12 comes along but maybe then i'll take you up on your challenge! ;)

I don't think it's as big a challenge as starting unemployed with sunday league exp. I took over Italian C2 side Sanremese in jan of the first season, they were bottom on 5 points. 5 seasons on and I'm about to embark upon my first season in Serie A!I usually find the lowest leagues reasonably easy to navigate but the top 2 divisions of each nation are much more difficult

Fuelled by passion - i always start young with sunday league experience, but the C2 league is easy because you can attract players and there is a wage budget and cash with most teams plus your players are wrth a bit to not so in BSS or BSN

Carcon - i am going to start it now i am keeping my Weston save just in case though

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

have loaded following leagues going to accept first job offer that comes -China, South Korea, Sweeden, Belguim, Brazil, N Ireland, Indonesia, Chile, Slovakia Iceland and Finland. I have loaded all leagues with 3 or more division (excluding big leagues) but there were only about 4 or 5 so added some with two divisions but that will be a challenge to make a good competative team, there are in my opinon worse leagues but they only had 1 division so didnt add them.

I have sarted as sunday league experience and a young manager cant wait to see who i get..............

Just got one Indonesian division looks like 4th tier, a club thats never won anything not even a promotion called PSKT, surprised they have a transfer budget 8500 wages allowed 825 yes 825 being used 796 got 5 players worth money 4.5k, 3k 1k , 500 and 210 think this will be a real challenge to get a world beater team well here goes wish me luck

lol good luck with that...sounds like a good challenge.

Keep us updated on how you get on ;)