Worst team you have won the title with ?

pimpdollar

Reaction score
Well we always see the best teams.

What is your worst team you think you have won the league with ?

(When I say team, I don't just mean club name; I also mean group of players)

Last edited:
I wasn't managing them but in 2017/ 18 season Norwich won on one of my old saves!

Huddersfield on FM11. Took 4 years to get to the Premier League then another 2 to be get into Europe then won it in my 7th season :D

Southampton first season (on lfc marshalls update so in the prem), signed Matt Jarvis for 7m, Clint Dempsey for 4.6m, and James Tomkins for 6m :D

Jay Rodriguez is a complete beast! :D

Radcliffe Borough...took me well over ten years but was worth it in the end :)

Kirilay Sovetov in FM10, RPL Champions....... Only won one of six in the champions league the following season though!

SønderjyskE in the Danish Superliga. Took me like 7 years and my entire squad was made of regens.

Won the Club World Championship with FC Seoul (Korean K-League side) by beating Manchester United.

I won the league in the first season with this Bolton team on fm11:

boltonformation.png

Boltonleague1.png

Well done, how did you manage that ?

Had to beat Boca Juniors in the semis to go on to finals with Man U. Beat Boca 1-0 and beat Man U 2-0. In the Q-finals, beat North American champions Atlante (MEX) 2-1.

I had purchased several former world-class players/ rising world stars like Alan Dzagoev (Russia), Guti and Ryan Nelsen, mostly on free transfer (I was lucky in that sense. Usually most Asian sides, excluding the oil-rich middle east clubs do not have funds for massive transfers). Those signings shined at the Club WC (strangely, those international players put in much better performances in big matches rather than against K-League sides).

Against Boca Juniors, Boca played the semis a day after their league match (crazy schedule). We had 3 days to rest before the semis so I guess we had a great advantage. I exploited this weakness of Boca as we pressed really hard especially in the midfield and defense. We forced them to shoot from distances and that just didn't work out for them. We relied mainly on quick-paced counter attack and after a several near-successes we scored (Think it was Djagoev who scored). For the rest of the game we played ultra-defensively and saved the game.

Man U game was any harder. They came really close to scoring several times in the first 10 mins (I could only thank ****** finishing from Hernandez and Pandev/ Young). My plan was to go overlord and score a goal, then seal the game by going ultra-defensive. But after the first few mins I changed back to "contain" and sent midfielders back to press man u attack (I was hoping for penalties). Alan Djagoev then created another magic by exploiting a quick counter-attack and set up a goal which broke the deadlock. We scored again from a corner kicked by Guti and went up 2-0. Prior to the match, we had been practicing corners (I always prefer sending corners to the far post, where our best headers, two center backs, wait for Guti's delivery. scored numerous times from sending it to the far post) and that worked out. U should rely on set-pieces when facing a much stronger opponent (when even quick counter-attacks are risky). I should admit that I was lucky not to concede due to Man U's poor finishing. But Man U didn't make as many chances as they should against teams like us. Our defence was well-coordinated and solid.

scored about 15 goals and got 4 assists, so he did well enough to match what could be expected from him

Roda JC, in my first season, they were media predicted 13th place, which is low. I started the season with a 6-2 win against Ajax, and from there I started winning a lot. Also won the Dutch Cup, but they are by far the worst team in the Eredivisie. It was a fun game though. :D

Portmouth when they were in the championship the (season they came up in real life got promoted). won the league i went about 14 games unbeaten and my mate Finnish 10th.