stevanjovetic

Reaction score
My idea for a challenge is to start in the worst league in Europe (Campionato Sammarinese) and work my up to the best (La Liga). I can only move countries after winning the league and after winning I have to start in the lowest division of that country. I just got the job with Virtus, the team predicted to get last in the league.

View attachment 294560
The way the San Marino league works is in the first half of the regular season I play every team once and then I play every team in my group once to determine play-off spots. Then there are play-offs and the winner of the play-off qualifies for the Champions League.

At the time I started this thread I had already completed the first season and I am 7 games into the second.

Here is the table and fixtures from the first season.
View attachment 294559View attachment 294558
View attachment 294557
I was second in the regular season and then I won in the play-off final to win the league and qualify for the Champions League.

My idea for a challenge is to start in the worst league in Europe (Campionato Sammarinese) and work my up to the best (La Liga). I can only move countries after winning the league and after winning I have to start in the lowest division of that country. I just got the job with Virtus, the team predicted to get last in the league.

Best League... La Liga? Thats pretty weak, it normally starts as 2nd on mine and then slowly starts dropping, below Germany and even the Serie A within the first 6 or 7 seasons. I know everyone has a different save but thats normally the way it goes for me. They never manage to keep 4 champions league spots on mine.

Best League... La Liga? Thats pretty weak, it normally starts as 2nd on mine and then slowly starts dropping, below Germany and even the Serie A within the first 6 or 7 seasons. I know everyone has a different save but thats normally the way it goes for me. They never manage to keep 4 champions league spots on mine.
I'm just saying that right now La Liga is in front of the BPL and Bundesliga I don't know about the future. I'm moving up league based on the current ranking.

View attachment 293792
Second Season Review
After starting off the season brilliantly with 4 consecutive clean sheets and a 17-game unbeaten run we lost the Coppa Titano final dramtically 6-4 to Folgore/Falciano, a team we should be easily beating, we followed that up with being knocked of the play-offs by Cosmos and then again by La Fiorita I decided to resign due to our late season form.
View attachment 293764

Transfer Update
View attachment 293490

I signed 3 unwanted players from Encamp.

Pedro Gomes- A right winger with 5 star current ability so he will go straight into the first team
Higinio Herrero- Same as Pedro Gomes but he is a DM.
Carlos Puig- A center back for the future.

View attachment 293438
September 2015
An awful start to life as Inter d'Escaldes manager.

View attachment 2934382-4View attachment 293437

Inter d'Escaldes: Tomas Gil (2)
Atletic Escaldes: Brais Cousillas, Juan Gomez, Sofian Picard, Nuno Morais

We kick-off the season with a derby and we were thoroughly outplayed in the first half but it was only 2-1. We then continued our awful game and conceded a penalty in the first minute of the second half. Tomas Gil got us back in it and then we were dominating we had multiple chances to grab an equalizer but then Nuno Morais punished our awful finishing and killed the game off with 3 minutes to go.

View attachment 2934353-1 View attachment 293438
Rangers: Manuel Morales (3)
Inter d'Escaldes: Tomas Gil

Just woeful defending throughout but the only positive is that Tomas Gil gets on the scoresheet again.

Last edited:
View attachment 293031
October 2015
A great month picking up 7 out of 9 points and going unbeaten while keeping 2 clean sheets.

View attachment 2930311-0View attachment 293029
Inter d'Escaldes: Ramon Chinchilla
U.E. Santa Coloma B: None
A fairly boring match settled by a weak Ramon Chinchilla shot that went right through the keeper's hands.

View attachment 293028​0-1View attachment 293031
Inter d'Escaldes: Higinio Herrero
F.C. Lusitanos B: None
Another dull affair but this time a penalty from the new boy Higinio Herrero was the difference.
View attachment 2930311-1View attachment 793989
F.C. Santa Coloma: None

View attachment 293027
This good form shoots us up to 8th place.

Last edited:
View attachment 291299
November 2017

View attachment 2912991-2View attachment 291298
Engordany B: Santiago Miguel de la Riva, Dario Arias
de la Riva scored a fantastic free kick before Gil leveled things up just seven minutes later. Then just after half-time Dario Arias scores again to eventually win the match for Engordany B.

View attachment 2912973-0View attachment 291299
C.E. Principat: Marcos Navarro, Josep Vall(2)
Inter d'Escaldes: None
Our first match of the season in which we were held goalless. I knew we were probably going to lose this match but I was extremely disappointed in how it happened. We were doing very and restricting Principat to no chances whatsoever but then we conceded the first on a set-piece. Then right after the kick-off they stole the ball and scored. After that we had better play but they killed us in the last minute with a brilliant counter.

View attachment 291296​2-2View attachment 291299
Sant Julia B: Alberto Barbon pen. (2)
Inter d'Escaldes: Tomas Gil, Pedro Gomes
We were definitely the better team in the first half-hour but then they were awarded a penalty after an awful call and converted. We took our foot off the pedal at the end of the half and the beginning of the second and conceded another penalty to another awful call. Then just 6 minutes later Pedro Gomes scores his first goal of the season with a brilliant free kick. Then with 6 minutes left to play Tomas Gil capitalizes on a defensive error to head home and complete the comeback.

One thing I would like to point out is half the teams in the league are B teams and they can't get promoted so we don't half to be that good to qualify for the play-offs. Even if we might finish 11th or something like that we could still grab a play-off due to just being the 6th best non-B team.
View attachment 291295

View attachment 290878
December 2017
An extremely disappointing month that sees our play-off bid in huge doubt.

View attachment 2908780-1View attachment 796270
Santa Coloma B: Siddhart Ferrer
This was a must win game but despite having better chances they win the game of a 81st minute corner.

View attachment 290875​1-1View attachment 290878
U.E. Santa Coloma: Aitor Lopez
I am so sick of dropping points to set-pieces

If we win our 3 remaining fixtures we can definitely grab a play-off spot if results go our way.
View attachment 290874

View attachment 290842
February 2018
So, so poor and now my job is in serious doubt after another winless month which brings our winless run to 9 games in the league. The one bright spot is we have a Andorran Cup Quarter-Final derby against Atletic Escaldes.

View attachment 2908421-1View attachment 290840
Very nearly a loss to the worst team in the league but sub Rafael Ramos gets a goal 4 minutes from time to level the scores.
Inter d'Escaldes: Rafael Ramos
Encamp B: Gustavo Ochoa

View attachment 2908421-2View attachment 290838
Inter d'Escaldes: Pedro Gomes
Extremenya: Gines Ortiz, Ruben Samper
Pedro Gomes opened the scoring right before half-time but in the second half Extremenya scored 2 fast goals to take the lead. Rafael Ramos hit the post late-on to almost steal a point.

Andorran Cup First Round

View attachment 2908423-0View attachment 290837
Inter d'Escaldes: Tomas Gil, Romain Duarte, Carlos Madeira
Ordino: None
A very, very good result against top flight opposition. Tomas Gil opened the scoring like he does so often before Romain Duarte heads home from a corner halfway through the second half to seal the win. In the last minute Carlos Madeira puts the nail on Ordino's coffin and makes it 3-0

View attachment 2908420-4View attachment 290837
Ordino B: Lucas Pena (3), Miki Torrent
We can beat Ordino's 1st team but we get thumped 4-0 by their B team.

Andorran Cup Quarter-Final

View attachment 2908304-0View attachment 290842
Atletic Escaldes: Jeremie Picard, Nuno Morais, Adrian Llosa
A second consecutive 4-0 loss and effectively ends our Andorran Cup bid.

View attachment 2908423-1View attachment 290830
Inter d'Escaldes: Rafael Ramos (2), Carlos Madeira
Atletic Escaldes: Constatino Gascon'
There were 3 goals in the first 20 minutes with Atletic netting first and then us taking the lead in the 18th minute. Rafael Ramos scored again in the 77th minute to keep our hopes alive but then we still needed 2 goals and we went out after a much better 1st leg.

Here is how the campaign finished
View attachment 290829

Well, I lost the game so like this if you want me to restart the save but skip San Marino as I already won the league. If I get 15 likes I will restart.