Worst transfer mistake you have made?

naterr

Reaction score
There are plenty of threads on times where you have done the perfect transfer or a huge profit on a player.

So what about the opposite? what stupid mistake have you guys done in the market?

I recently bought this guy for 40m (+10m in add ons)

View attachment 299106

He was going to be my main man at DM but I have since changed tactics (which are working brilliantly) and I don't use one now!

50m down the drain!

Anyone else done stupid things like this? kinda hoping some people have so I don't feel so stupid!

Or you can just laugh at my mistake...up to you!

In FM 11, I bought a Brazilian wonderkid striker named Toninho for about 33 million pounds. He was brought in to be my next Henry. I don't have a screenshot of him, but he had all-around decent stats.
He scored twice on his debut. And his first season return was decent. I think it was something like 8-10 goals in 20-odd games.
I decided to make him my main forward for the upcoming season and it was a complete disaster. He looked out of place all of the time, he was constantly nervous while on the pitch, and he missed the easiest of chances every time. The only reason we had won the league was thanks to my midfield maestro Jorge Pasini and my wingers.
Even through all that, I didn't have the heart to get rid of the poor lad, so he ended up being my backup to the main regen striker I bought the next season.
Poor, poor Toninho.

£50m for some right back from PSG that was ABSOLUTELy ****! he was a regen and I was managing Italy in the world cup so you know... didn't really care about club matters with United at the minute. I had an outdated scout report on him rating him at 4.5* potential, he joins and his new report is 1.5*... and I bought him to develop him too. Ahh well, he went to some Italian club for £7m after just one sub appearance. His name was Facundo Da Silva, an Argentine.

The one that I remember..I bought Mateo Kovacic for £39M when I already have Henderson and Coutinho perfectly occupying the position and Ward-Prowse and Odegaard as backup. I bought it on impulse as other teams wants Kovacic and I have always wanna buy him once. Also because Coutinho form dips a little nearing the end of last season but it's moot now that he found his form again. Andddd Kovacic injured for 3 months...... Although it doesn't effect my transfer budget, I still have £126M to spend. After 4-5 seasons I always don't know who to buy, so just needlessly spending money.

I spent in excess of 35 millions and a player for sturridge only to have him injured for 9 months and a new striker popped up into my youths who displaced him permanently...

£50m for some right back from PSG that was ABSOLUTELy ****! he was a regen and I was managing Italy in the world cup so you know... didn't really care about club matters with United at the minute. I had an outdated scout report on him rating him at 4.5* potential, he joins and his new report is 1.5*... and I bought him to develop him too. Ahh well, he went to some Italian club for £7m after just one sub appearance. His name was Facundo Da Silva, an Argentine.

Ouch that's a bad one! The old scout report is curse I too have fell for!

Not quite as bad as yours though!

Signed Markus Henriksen( CM) for Everton in fm14 for £15m 47 games 0 goals 0 assists 6.3 rating sold to Villa £4m he scored 8 goals 10 assists that season and he scored against me last game of season in the 88th minute which knocked me out the top 4!!

Signed Markus Henriksen( CM) for Everton in fm14 for £15m 47 games 0 goals 0 assists 6.3 rating sold to Villa £4m he scored 8 goals 10 assists that season and he scored against me last game of season in the 88th minute which knocked me out the top 4!!

Pretty harsh that haha. I've had similar instances but not with players that turned out to be flops for me. Worst part is that you end up shouting many offensive words towards PC. Or is that just me?

I paid £35m for a regen 18 year old, did not cut the mustard, went out n loan a few times, had a run in my team but was then sold on for £12m at a significant loss!

Everton 5 seasons in my strikers are lacazette Lukaku jovic, I then decided I wanted to play 3 upfront in a 4-3-3 I splashed the cash on Harry Kane and Seydou doumbia..... Whilst playing this formation I lost the first 6 of 10 games of the season, once it changed back to my old formation I won endless amounts of games only losing in January at home to chelsea .......**** YOU DIEGO COSTA **** YOU!!!

ilsinho on '07

i tore up his contract after 10m signing 6 months in

Probably Mario Pugliese for 1.5m. I thought he had huge potential, but he was ****! Didn't play a game for us, getting loans at Cambridge, Lanciaso (Newly promoted Serie A team in 2015/16) and Preston before, luckily, making a profit by selling him to Atalanta for 1.8m. SOMEHOW, he's at A.C. Milan and getting good gameplay time so...

This wasn't a buy, but it was a sale which annoyed the **** out of me. I signed Gabbiadini on a 4 year contract in my first season and he tore the league apart. Then Real Madrid come in with an offer, wait why can't I reject it? Turns out he had a release clause and because my club was poor at the time they took 70% of the transfer fee! Luckily his replacement is doing a job at the moment