leeumoconnor69

Arsenal 3 - 0 Scum
Reaction score
After reading an article by Ian Wright and seeing numerous calls for England to adopt a 'german' approach to football i have decided to post this challenge to anybody who can be bothered to do it.

I have holiday'd a season to the european championships, i am going to holiday those in a moment and make sure the furthest England get is the quarter finals so this so called 'crisis plan' can be put into effect.

The challenge.....

You are Roy Hodgson after Euro 2012, and have decided the England team needs shaking up, you intend to keep your word on your so called revoloution, or wevoloution if you like, and clear the england side and start from scratch to mount a challenge on Euro 2016. The World Cup in 2014 will be a building block for the nation. Of course in taking this challenge if you dont meet the games national expectations you probally will get sacked.

In your new England side of 23 potential world cup players you will build your squad as followed. You will name 23 players within these rules for qualifiers also.

Players age

0-22 - Minimum of 16

22-26 - Maximum of 5

27+ - Maximum of 2

Your job is to do as well as you can with Woys new format. You dont have to set your name as Roy Hodgson for this challenge its just his comments in the press which have created this.

I will upload the forwarded season sometime this week, if you can not wait till then, forward your own game past the euros but make sure england get no further than the quarters.

I will devise a scoring system for the challenge.

Whilst you wait for the challenge to be posted or your game to holiday you, why not post a squad using this format for your team now and discuss.

Enjoy.

My England side....

Goalkeepers - Joe Hart, Jason Steele, Jack Butland

Defenders - Martin Kelly, Micah Richards, Phil Jones, Kyle Walker, Chris Smalling, Keiran Gibbs, Jordan Spence

Midfielders - Steve Gerrard, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, Tom Cleverly, Jack Rodwell, Jack Wilshere, Emmanuel Frimpong, Wilfred Zaha

Strikers - Wayne Rooney, Danny Wellbeck, Daniel Sturride.

Nice idea, may give it a try when I'm not doing the other international challenge with Russia.

My England side....

Defenders - Martin Kelly, Micah Richards, Phil Jones, Kyle Walker, Chris Smalling, Keiran Gibbs, Jordan Spence

Midfielders - Steve Gerrard, Theo Walcott, Ashley Young, Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, Tom Cleverly, Jack Rodwell, Jack Wilshere, Emmanuel Frimpong, Wilfred Zaha

Strikers - Wayne Rooney, Danny Wellbeck, Daniel Sturride.

I haven't got the ages of the players with me right now but I'd pick Bertrand as a defender to make it up to 8 instead of Zaha the 9th midfielder.

That's the only change I can think of right now but Gerrard declines quite quickly so once this happens I'd put Ashley Cole or Terry back in!

England Squad

Goalkeepers - Joe Hart, Jack Butland, Jason Steele

Defenders - Micah Richards, Martin Kelly, Kyle Walker, Chris Smalling, Ashley Cole, John Terry, Kyle Bartley, Keiran Gibbs

Midfielders - Phil Jones, Jack Rodwell, Tom Cleverly, Jordan Henderson, Jack Wilshire, Adam Johnson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ravel Morrison, Junior Hoilett

Fowards - Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge

England Squad

Goalkeepers - Joe Hart, Jack Butland, Jason Steele

Defenders - Micah Richards, Martin Kelly, Kyle Walker, Chris Smalling, Ashley Cole, John Terry, Kyle Bartley, Keiran Gibbs

Midfielders - Phil Jones, Jack Rodwell, Tom Cleverly, Jordan Henderson, Jack Wilshire, Adam Johnson, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ravel Morrison, Junior Hoilett

Fowards - Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge
Hoilett is Canadian :L

Looks like a fun challenge :)

Hoilett is Canadian :L

Looks like a fun challenge :)
Hoilett is eligible for England at the start of the game so if he get injured or withdrawn from the Canadian Squad before he makes his first competitive appearance you can wait for his injury to end and quickly put him in your squad.

England Squad

Defenders - Kyle Walker, Martin Kelly, Chris Smalling, Phil Jones, John Terry, Craig Dawson, Leighton Baines, Kieran Gibbs

Midfielders - Jack Rodwell, James Milner, Tom Cleverley, Jack Wilshere, Steven Gerrard, Chamberlain, Ashley Young, Junior Hoilett

Forwards - Theo Walcott, Daniel Sturridge, Wayne Rooney, Jay Rodriguez, Danny Welbeck