arsenalsri

Reaction score
I am hoping to take Wrexham to the Premier League in 8 seasons. I think it is a realistic hope provided I also get the right support from the board. I am starting out in BSP and assuming it takes me 2 seasons to get promoted each level I am hoping to reach the PL in 8 years. I've completed my first full season. I'll post the entries of my first season in subsequent entries. Hopefully some of you will be interested in following it.

Good luck this sounds interesting and I'll follow it.

OK..I ran into a problem straight away. I am currently in the 2010/11 season in my game. How do I go back to the previous season to get screen shots?

Just click on View 2009/2010 on your fixture list for fixtures...

I won't be posting screen shots for the first season since I don't know how to get screenshots for monthly league tables. So I will like post a list of monthly result updates. and hopefully from the next season will get screen shots.

I started the season with 10K transfer budget and around 16.7K /week wage budget with an existing wage bill of around 15.4K/week. So the first thing I did was ask for a parent club and got Liverpool as my parent club.

Transfer Activity

I got in 6 players - 2 free agents and 4 on loan.
Strikers - Ibrahima Thiam (Free) and Jordy Brouwer (6 month loan from Liverpool)
Midfield - Emexca Orwubiko (Free) and Victor Palsonn (season long loan from L'pool)
Defenders - Luke O'Neill (season long loan from Leicester) and Daniel Ayala (season long loan from L'pool)

Last edited:
The friendlies were mixed. I can't say I had much contribution in the win or loss but somewhere long the line I found out accidentally that the best formation was a 4-2-2-2 with a fluid philosophy and a control strategy I think I found this in the GH Academy game and it was more like doesnt matter if the opposition score a goal I woul score one more

The season started off decently. I had some decent results. The worst of the lot was a 5-0 thrashing by Kidderminster. I was staying close to the play off places at this point, but then December came along and there were a number of draws which dropped me down to 11th position by January.
View attachment 17605
View attachment 17606
The team got its act together in February and stringed together a long run of good performances till the end of the season and we finished the season on 4th. Beat Oxford in the play off semi-finals and Mansfield in the finals to get promoted to League 2.
View attachment 17609

Of course the highlight of the season was reaching the 6th round of the FA cup where I got thrashed by Chelseas 6-1.
View attachment 17610

The lowlight of the season was going out of the FATrophy in the 2nd round, the board had expected me to reach the finals.
View attachment 17611

Next Update - Summer Transfers

Well done mate on getting Premoted. This is going to be a good read for next season. Are you going to strech it out better this season ? Hope so ....

i got thiam aswell but for cambridge he is insane!

Staff Transfers

I let go my Asst Manager and First Team coach because they had exhorbitant wages and wanted even more at contract renewal. I did not mind them leaving, especially the Asst Manager Taracott. He handled the Opp instructions in the first season and I had something like 86 yellow cards and 4 red cards - the worst team discipline of the season.
View attachment 17678

Player Transfers

Renewed the Loan deal for Victor Palsson and Luke o Neil. Tied most of my first team down. Let go a few of them as they had high wages but contributed little and also were 32 years and above. My team is now made up of players under 29 years. Signed in Sebastien Carole to replace Lamine Sakho.

View attachment 17679

Brought the wage deal massively under control Was given a wage budget of 25K and a transfer budget of around 12 K. My wage budget is now around 15K. This will allow me to increase my transfer budget if needed.

Well done mate on getting Premoted. This is going to be a good read for next season. Are you going to strech it out better this season ? Hope so ....

Thanks mate. It has been good so far in the second season I'll do an update soon.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

i got thiam aswell but for cambridge he is insane!

Absolutely. Was top scorer not just for me, but in the BSP last season and has been on form so far this season

New season Update

Lost most of the games in pre-season except for 2 a 1-1 draw with Liverpool and 4-1 victory over the Glen Hoddle Academy. I did mind it so much as I was more interested in getting some money by playing the big boys. I was on holiday anyway for most part of the pre-season and let the assistant manager manage the games.

View attachment 17809

The expectation from the board at the beginning of the season is a mid table finish, 2nd round of the Johnstone Paints Trophy, 4th round of the FA cup and gaining experience in the Carling Cup.

True to expectations we went out of the Carling cup at the first hurdle.

August Update

League

Yeovil 1 - 4 Wrexham (Ibrahima Thiam-2, Mark Jones, Matty Wolfenden)
Dag & Red 1 - 0 Wrexham
Wrexham 2 (Matty Wolfenden, Mansour Assoumani) - 0 Burton
Lincoln 1 - 4 Wrexham (Ibrahima Thiam -3, Mark Jones)
Wrexham 1 (Matty Wolfenden) - 0 Torquay

JP Trophy

Wrexham 2 (Jamie Mcluskey-2) - 1 Crewe

League Cup

Wrexham 0 -2 Carlisle

September Update

League

Wrexham 3 (Ibrahima Thiam, Jamie Mcluskey, Matty Wolfenden)- 2 Hereford
Grimsby 0 - 2 Wrexham (Mansour Assoumani, Mark Jones)
Wrexham 0 - 1 Northampton
Wrexham (Ibrahima Thiam -3, Mansour Assoumani ) 4 - 1 Accrington
Morecambe 1 - 2 Wrexham (Mansour Assoumani - 2)
Wrexham (Mansour Assoumani) 1 - 0 Exeter

Good first 2 months in the season. Top of the table after 12 games, 2 hatricks for Ibrahima Thiam and goals from Masour Assoumani. Lost in the Carling Cup, was the 2nd game of the season, tried a completely different formation with just one up and the team was not used to it.

View attachment 18626

Last edited:
I myself have been Wrexham for 5 full seasons and 5 games into nex season. I play as wrexham on a network game with my mate so obviously no cheating or editing has occured.

I spent 2 seasons in the BSP coming 2nd in the first season to my mate who is Luton.
I won the fa trophy but was beaten in the playoff final.

2nd season i walked it and won the fa trophy again and my mate won the league 2.

3rd season i won league 2 and my mate got beat in league 1 playoff final.

4th season i won league 1 and my mate came mid table.

5th season i scraped into the playoffs in the championship on the last day but romped throught to the prem beating Ipswich 4-0 in the final, my mate easily won league 1.

we are now 5 games into 6th season i have won 1 draw 3 n lost 1, my mate is bottom of championship pmsl.