Writing About Football

JoshAFC

Reaction score
Hey I was just thinking and I would love to go my way about writing about football match reports etc. I have no idea how I would do this. I'm thinking maybe just writing some match reports and posting them on the forum would this be a good idea opinions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh :D

If you feel you can write well, then go for it.

You could start a free blog and put it in your sig to keep it neat though.

Start a blog, all the cool kids are doing it.

I just did mine out of fun tbh.

I haven't been on for a few days and, watching that match, inspired me. I love to write about football. I would talk in the most intricate of detail and write about the players, backgrounds, managers, history (etc.)

But nevertheless, it was a one-off and not a regular thing.

If you're going to do a regular match report kind of thing, it requires concentration, willingness and the ability to keep it fresh most importantly. I find it very difficult to do these things.

Like Dunc said, do a blog or create a match report thread and update regularly.

thanks for the tips guys starting a match report thread sounds good ill take it into some deep consideration before I start the thread

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I'd like to do as a profession, and a sporting journalist is pretty high on my list, specializing in football as it is the sport I enjoy the most.

Are you interested in something similar? Or just looking for something to do in your free time?

I don't know if your posts in this thread are indicative of your writing style, but if they are you need to start using commas to break up your sentences before you start looking to get into any kind of journalism.

Good luck, just remember. If you want it bad enough and put in the hard work you will get where you want to be, there will always be people who try to knock you down but you just need to get back up and prove them wrong. Are you at school or college or anything? If you are then you could maybe write some match reports on the schools team and get them published in the school paper/newsletter. Would be a good start.

I've been thinking a lot lately about what I'd like to do as a profession, and a sporting journalist is pretty high on my list, specializing in football as it is the sport I enjoy the most.

Are you interested in something similar? Or just looking for something to do in your free time?

Im also interested in something similar