wtf do i do.. seriously angry newcastle defence..

SimonP

Reaction score
It's beyond a joke at how frustrating this newcastle defence is.. to the point i could snap my laptop in half lol

6 consecutive games, 6 consecutive red cards, always from the same 3 players more than anyone else, steven taylor, Naldo or colocini. Kameni and Diaby also contributed to the tally

Had a clean game, then back to the routine of someone being sent off.

7 red cards in 8 games.. what the **** do i do, anyone else had anything like this?

Last edited:
setting tackling to easy is a good short term fix and as a long term fix i would tell the players to stop diving into tackles. when they have leaernt this then you should be able to set their tackling back to what you had it on.

Steven Taylor always gets like 20 red cards a season when i buy him

If your players are gettin sent of you should sell them really, or as an above post said tell them to stop diving in. Get players with better tempermant.

Are you disciplining your players for these red cards?

Set everyone's tackling to easy. I always do it ans have just won a 7th-straight league title and a second CL in a row. It doesn't seem to affect my results. Had no red cards and least yellow cards in the league and still finished top by 13 points

my advice is you replace that defence and probably get new coaches for defending......you can buy players like otamendi, dodo, spence, evans, sakho and watch out for great regens too

as lee says have you been displining players? and change to zonal marking so they dont get caught out and make late rash tackles

Yes, discipline your players! It should drop their aggression attribute so they are less likely to make stupid challenges.

Aggression in defenders is like Eccentriciy for goalkeepers - you don't want it too high otherwise your players will probably do stupid things on occasion, but you don't necessarily want it low either.

Yes, discipline your players! It should drop their aggression attribute so they are less likely to make stupid challenges.

Aggression in defenders is like Eccentriciy for goalkeepers - you don't want it too high otherwise your players will probably do stupid things on occasion, but you don't necessarily want it low either.

yeah i disipline them, first red card warning, whether its from this season or the one previous, then 1 weeks wages, gave steven taylor 2 weeks wages for his 5th red car whole team turned agaisnt me lol

In one of the earlier updates I was Newcastle and players kept getting sent off. I think Steven Taylor, Alan Smith and Kevin Nolan were the worst for me. I remember changing Smith's role from ball-winning midfielder to central midfielder which seemed to settle him down a bit and I also changed the team tackling to more cautious and used touchline instructions to tell them to stay on their feet. Try some of these, hopefully they will help.

Yeah thats what I did and worked, but when january came I just sold the lot lol simple fix!

1) Set tackling to easy - means they are less likely to make stupid, aggressive tackles.
2) Do not set "Tackling:Hard" in opposition instructions - see above.
3) Ask players not to dive into tackles
4) increase players' defensive training so that their tackling stats improve
5) Discipline players after red cards to deter them from further sendings off.
6)Set players to roles which do not require high aggression.