WTF is up with the editor in FM 10?

glen.mack

Reaction score
I've never seen a program bug out so much...

I used the FM 09 editor to the max, new teams, kits, kit textures, new players.

So far in FM10 I've seen teams randomly duplicate, players duplicate, I've no idea if it's even possible to do 3d kit textures. The only way I've managed to get 2D kit pictures into the game is by adding an EXTRA shirt, with no colours into the team kits and colours, which ***** up the shirts in the tactical view.

It took me a DAY a full 24 hours to get my team badge into the game, and I had to redo the database twice to get that to work, because the config files had been exactly right the whole time!

I want to hear about all your "WTF" moments with the editor, so i can ball them up and throw them at the FM team.

Nothing wrong with mine ^^)

I stay well clear of graphics because I had similar problems to you :(

mine keeps saying its already running when it clearly isnt i was on it and was just doing a database for myself with the new promotions and relegations and it crashed and ive turned my laptop on n off but it still says its already running when it isnt

This may be 5 days too late, but maybe you just can't use it properly.

Mine works perfectly fine and I would stay clear of graphics if i was you

This may be 5 days too late, but maybe you just can't use it properly.

I doubt that, I fully understood config files, the format of png files and how the kit textures were mapped, when I edited in FM2009.

I managed to get my kits into FM 2010 finally, but they only appear in the info screen, and only the home kit appears in the in-game screen.

I made kits and badges for people with config files for FM2009. Check my profile for work for the community.

The editor CREATES errors. Especially when you change the kits of any teams, (which of course you HAVE to when you create a team like I do.)

Look it up.

I'm only so angry because they had it so perfectly done in FM 2009. I had my own 3d kit textures, info screen kits and a complex edited database with my created club Solihull Athletic FC.

So in short... Yes I understand how to use the editor.