DJakeman8

Banned
Reaction score
I've done some research on here and found out that in some tactics Xavi averages 70- 100 passes per game? I can only manage about 30 or 40.
Now, I've edited my Real Madrid team to include some superstars, one being Xavi, and I have also edited his stats, which follow:
Dribbling: 17
First Touch: 19
Long Shots:19
Passing: 19
Technique: 19
I am in my second season and these have depreciated from 20s. (For all you squeaky clean players who compare editing to Hitler: I edit because I like to demolish teams like Inter and Barce :])
I want to average a high amount of passes from Xavi without drastically changing my tactics or formation, they are below:
Casillas
Bale Pique Pepe Ramos
Xavi

Messi Kaka Ronaldo
Benzema Higuain
Philosophy: Fluid
Starting Strategy: Attacking

Passing Style: Shorter
Creative Freedom: More Expressive
Closing Down: Default
Tackling: More Cautious
Marking: Zonal Marking
Crossing: Default
Roaming: More Roaming

Advanced:
Defensive Line: Deep
Width: Narrow
Tempo: Quick

I've only lost 1 game in the one and a half seasons with those tactics and formation so I do not want to change a lot because I am used to them and don't want to base my tactics on one player. I have also changed the Creative Freedom to 'More Disciplined', the Starting Strategy to 'Contained' and 'Control', the Roaming to 'Stick to Position' and the tempo to 'Slow', but Xavi still averaged the same.

This isn't a massive problem because I still win, but I feel I'm not getting the best out of, in my opinion, the best player in the world (or arguably ever).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

you dont have to cheat to demolish teams.. if you are half decent manager you can build a team with the right tactics that can demolish any team. xavi is clearly getting over shadowed by the quality in your team.. not everyone can play an 8 every game!

Mate, you really have got too much time on your hands!

Try being a Blue Square North side and get them promoted with pennies, and then you shall see how good your managerial skills are! :D

Don't have Xavi as a centre mid all on his own, he needs someone around him to do the leg work...

Strategy: Control
Tempo: Slow

should help

Don't have Xavi as a centre mid all on his own, he needs someone around him to do the leg work...

So you're suggesting 2 in midfield then? I'll actually try this for a few games because it makes sense as his fitness attributes are quite low =].

yeah!
drop benzema, he's ****!
in fact, what formation are you playing?

you think xavi's arguably the best player ever??????

Pele? Maradona? - hes never even won player of the year!

yeah!
drop benzema, he's ****!

It's either him or Ramos. But tbh I can't currently because he's averaging 8.5 in the league and scoring excessively!

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 AM ----------

yeah!
drop benzema, he's ****!

And I'm playing 4-1-3-2; 4 defence, 1 midfield (Xavi), 3 attacking midfield, 2 forwards.

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

you think xavi's arguably the best player ever??????

Pele? Maradona? - hes never even won player of the year!

1. I haven't actually fully seen Pele or Maradona play, or managed them on football manager
and
2. I don't think those awards really do players any justice in terms of quality
and
3. Do you have anything constructive to say? No. Then save the attitude :).