Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Andr?s Iniesta is better!

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • I can't decide!

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters

PZW

Reaction score
In recent years, much of the hype surrounding Barcelona's fantastic passing game has been credited to their midfield maestros Xavi Hernández and Andrés Iniesta. Many believe these two are the best midfielders currently in the game and that they are the geniuses behind Lionel Messi's fantastic scoring form!

However, as they are often grouped together, with people saying 'Xavi and Iniesta are the geniuses behind Barca', it's fairly difficult to say which one is better. Please judge this on their skill and class, rather than their form at the current moment in time. So, who do you think is better - Xavi or Iniesta? Please vote on the poll.

Personally, I think Xavi. Although it is an extremely hard decision, I think the fact that he has been in the game for much longer and consistently impressed gives him the edge! However, I think they are both brilliant and wouldn't be as good if it weren't for one another.

Last edited:
I have no idea to be honest,

Xavi keeps play ticking. dictating the tempo

where as Iniesta, makes more attacking runs and is a better playmaker in advanced areas!

so hard to judge who is better, if i had to say.. It would be Xavi

Hmmm, this is something that has been debated for a long while, but I really think you can not say who is better. They are both different style of players but compliment each other really well. It would be impossible virtually to say that one is better than the other, but if I had to pick who is more valuable to the Barcelona side, I would definitely say Xavi.

Who could barca live without more ?
I'd say xavi could play iniesta's position more than iniesta could play the deeper role so in that xavi is more needed by barca and imo the better player, although xavi's a little older so should be on the other side of the hill very soon

Toughie. Nothing between them really, but if I had to choose, I'd say Xavi. Best passer and reader of the game. Shame he's the wrong side of 30 really.

This is a tough one . Xavi cannot lose the ball for Barca and Iniesta is able to turn out of any pressure from any player and movement but he can also pass the ball but not like Xavi . What I can tell you : these two are irreplaceable , Fab. can not retain the ball as well as Xavi and Thiago is his own player , not exactly like an Iniesta we see it quite often in matches where both players ( Inie and Xavi) are absent , they move the ball differently from how The Maestros do it.

I'm going with Iniesta because he is more versatile , he is the complete midfielder . Xavi is a complete midfielder too but if you really look at where Iniesta plays sometimes , its not just in the Center but it is even on the flanks at times and he plays equally as well out there in my opinion .

As other people have said, xavi sets the tempo and iniesta starts attacks. I going to say xavi cause hes more important for the club and more alround but iniesta is younger so i would rather have him in my team.

I dislike the attitude of Xavi, when he is tired he plays like an assistant referee asking for cards, fouls and penalties all the time. At the other hand Iniesta has some real composure and creativity.

I think they compliment each other perfectly, which kind of makes it harder to decide who's better. I voted for Iniesta, Xavi is probably better he's just a ******** so I refuse to vote for him. :p

I have voted that I can't decide because indeed both players are different one from the other.
So I think you can't compare them as they are not strictly the same.

Even if I think Xavi is a **** at times he is a beast had to vote for him

You might retire me, but Iniesta will retire us both

Something Pep Guardiola is reported to have said to Xavi.