23/24

24/25

25/26

Notes:

Last edited:
September 15th 2016

XAVI QUITS QATAR!!!

View attachment 116508

Reports are coming out of Qatar that ex Barcelona legend Xavi has terminated his contract at Al Sadd by mutual consent.

An unnamed source has stated that although he will departing Qatar this does not mean he will be hanging up his boots.......though a move into management has been touted.

Could we be seeing the start of another Barca playing legend turn into a Managerial legend too?

----------​

September 17th 2016

XAVI BOUND FOR GERMANY!!

View attachment 116507

Just 2 days after leaving Qatar it seems that Xavi is on his way to Germany to speak to an unknown club.......with rumours that it could possibly be Hertha Berlin who have recently parted with their manager Pai Dardai after a disastrous start to the Bundesliga season.

Xavis agent has now confirmed that he will hold talks with the hierarchy of German Club Hertha Berlin this afternoon.

It is understood he is looking to assume the role as Player Manager and has no intention of hanging his boots up just yet.

Berlin is one of the biggest capital cities with no major football team......could Xavi be the catalyst to awaken this sleeping giant?

View attachment 116506

The ambitious Hertha board are wanting to emulate and overtake Bayern as the leading force in Germany over the next 10 years and see Xavi as the man to do this!!

View attachment 116504

18th September 2016

NO GO FOR XAVI AND BERLIN!!

After lengthy talks between Hertha officials, Xavi's representatives and Xavi himself, it has become know that talks broke down and the reason was that the Hertha board had some reservations about Xavi continuing to play while managing the team.

View attachment 116494

Xavi Statement:
"It is with regret that the talks with Hertha Berlin broke down yesterday because of a disagreement over my role at the club. I would have liked to have continued playing and hope still to do so for at least 2 more years. The board of Hertha had issues with this and did not see it as a possibility....therefore this move to Berlin will regrettably not happen"

We are also hearing that he travelled to Monchengladbach​late last night to discuss a possible move to the Rhine club.....but although he was impressed with the set up it wasn't a move he felt was right for himself.....he is prepared to wait for the right club.

View attachment 116490 View attachment 116489

It is believed he will now take some time to assess his options and wait to see what happens over the next few months.

----------

1st October 2016

BACK IN BARCELONA!!

View attachment 116493

Could it be that Xavi has returned to Barcelona?.............Unfortunately not on a permanent basis!

Yes Xavi is back in his beloved Barcelona, but it is just to train and keep his fitness levels up over the winter so he is ready when a club comes knocking!

Lets have a look at Xavi the great:

[video=youtube;l9KxpxQl6GU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9KxpxQl6GU[/video]

17th January 2017

HUGHES SACKED......XAVI JETS IN!!

View attachment 116488

Just a few weeks into the New Year and Mark Hughes has been received of his duties at Stoke City.

All the talk now is that Xavi Hernandez would be interested in testing his skills in the Premiership and IS on his way to Stoke to meet with Chairman Peter Coates.

View attachment 116487

At 1230 Xavi arrived in Manchester and travelled down the M6 to have talks with Stoke City.

After 4 hours of discussions both parties were happy with the talks.....but Xavi has asked for a few days to think about the offer.

View attachment 116486

Sources close to Xavi and also the Stoke Chairman are confident that he will become the Stoke City Manager within a few days and there was no problems with negotiations.

----------

21st January 2017

SENSATIONAL TWIST!!
KOEMAN SACKED BY EVERTON!!

View attachment 1090832

XAVI IN STOKE U-TURN......THEN SIGNS ON AT GOODISON PARK!!

News coming out of Merseyside this morning is that Xavi Hernandez will replace outgoing Everton Ronald Koeman who was only given his marching orders a few hours ago!!

Stoke City will be left fuming as they believed that they had an agreement in place with Xavi to take over....but no written agreement was made and Everton made the move swiftly to prevent any conflict!

View attachment 1090834

More to follow.................​

21st January 2017

ARRIVING AT EVERTON

View attachment 116269

On arrival at Goodison Park, club are languishing in 18th place with a terrible run of form......though the game previous to my appointment was a win over Middlesbrough. Some serious work is needed to pull this season back.

Gerard Deulofeu has been sold to PSG for £16m and a few players have been brought in.....in my opinion the money has been wasted on Bruno, Ricardo Esgaio and Bingourou Kamara for nearly £9m.....thankfully the board have given me a budget of £54m.....I'm guessing this comes from the Stones transfer!!

Of the players that are already here i believe my 3 key players will be:

Romelu Lukaku - The key to success will be to get this man firing on all cylinders again and scoring goals.

Enner Valencia - On loan from West Ham, the Ecuadorian will be a vital part of the squad, playing on the wing I will be looking at him to provide the assists for Lukaku.

Ross Barkley - Still only 23...its time for Ross to step up and become the player he has been hyped up that he should become.

After looking into the Transfer market I was not overly impressed by the players available and how much they would cost......I have signed a few.....mainly for the future and some have problems with work permits......so I asked the board to link up with another European Club for work permit reasons and we have linked up with Le Harve in the French Ligue 2.

So Transfers in:

JAUME DOMENECH - VALENCIA - £5.75m
Signed as first choice and Joel Robles will be second choice with Stekelenburg moving to backup keeper.

MAXIMILIANO ROMERO - VELEZ - £4m
Wondered and future goal machine, had problems with Work Permit so will be set to France to gain Permit....unless he gets international call ups soon.....hopefully see him in an Everton shirt soon.

MARTIN ODEGAARD - REAL MADRID - LOAN
Super Teen!!!! Signed for Madrid when he was 15 for £3m......I don't think he'll be a starter but could come in and bring something exciting now and again.

REGENS

MASSIMILIANO MARCHAL - WAASLAND-BEVEREN - £4m
Quite a lot of money for a youngster but I think he could become Belgium's No1 in a few years.

MARCOS ANTONIO - PARANA - £1.5m
Young Brazilian, another who has WP issues who will be sent out on loan

GIDEON YAHAYA - FREE
Last played for the RTD Academy in Ghana before being released. 19 year old, so not that young, decent stats and maybe will come good...if not we may make a bit of money from him. On Loan at Viktoria Plzen.

And the Man Himself......Xavi......does he still have the magic to play at the highest level???
(This is the only bit of Editing I have done)
View attachment 116256

FIRST GAME OF MY REIGN IS V WEST HAM......TODAY!!!!!​

January, February, March

POSITIVE START AT GOODISON PARK

View attachment 115887

So having taken over the club as it sits in 18th place I have set out a few targets to aim for.

SHORT TERM

- Pull away from the relegation zone
- Shore up the leaky defence
- Figure out my best 11 and what is the best formation to play
- Get Lukaku firing in them goals again......he's our only quality striker so this is key

MEDIUM TERM

- Sell or release ageing players, Barry, Mexes, Jagielka, Steklenburg, Kone to name a few
- Trim the wage bill....I think it can be brought down a minimum of 300k a week before the start of next season
- Get rid of the dead wood as soon as possible.....crazy the amount of average players we have on big wages
- Tear up the Youth Squad and Build it up again with quality players throughout......no one will join the club who I don't believe could at some point play in the first team.

LONG TERM

- Develop younger players through the youth system and nab as many quality youngsters as possible.
- Top 4 challenge within 4 seasons

FINAL SQUAD COME TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY
View attachment 115900

FIRST 10 FIXTURES - JAN TO APR
View attachment 115901

WEST HAM V EVERTON
PREMIERSHIP

First game in charge and it was a 0-0 bore draw....though we dominated and had 19 shots at goal we couldn't make any sort of impact on the game. I'll need time to figure my best team.
View attachment 115899

SHEFF WED V EVERTON
FA CUP 4TH ROUND

A double from Lukaku and Valencia killed off Sheff Wed.....though I was a little ****** we conceded 2 late on.....least we are through and I'm getting an idea of the players I like the look of.
View attachment 115898

EVERTON V WATFORD
PREMIERSHIP

First home game of my reign......just 25 seconds before Lukaku hammered in the only goal of the game.....fingers crossed he's going to keep this up and pull us out of the relegation zone.
View attachment 115897

EVERTON V BURNLEY
PREMIERSHIP

Shocking game....went 2 down within 15 minutes. The team started to dominate after half time and Lukaku pulled one back.....then 3 mins later had the chance to level with a penalty.....but missed and 10 mins later Burnley scored a 3rd and finished us off....we'll need to do better than this against the teams around us to have chance of surviving.
View attachment 115896

PETERBOROUGH V EVERTON
FA CUP 5TH ROUND

Made it through but made it hard work for ourselves....double from Valencia and we managed to hold on towards the end as they were all over us.....but we are through!!
View attachment 115895

SUNDERLAND V EVERTON
PREMIERSHIP

Big win against a fellow struggler.....again made it hard for ourselves.....twice come back from behind thanks to a Valencia goal and an error by Pickford......THEN 5 mins from time a 30 yard cracker from Barkley sealed a win (The goal won goal of the month)
View attachment 115894

EVERTON V LEICESTER
PREMIERSHIP

Leaking far too many goals at the minute, but I can't fault the effort of the players they don't give up.
Pulled it back twice.......Bruno scoring a tap in after a goalmouth scramble deep into injury time for a vital point against the Champs.
View attachment 115893

EVERTON V STOKE
FA CUP 6TH ROUND

Through to the Semi Finals by the skin of our teeth 3-1 on Pens.
Should have easily won it during the 90 with 26 shots at goal.....need to start scoring more!!!
View attachment 115892

HULL V EVERTON
PREMIERSHIP

Well I wanted more goals and I certainly got more....what a game....tearing my hair out!!!
0-1 Everton....1-1....2-1 Hull....2-2....3-2 Hull....3-3....3-4 Everton....4-4....4-5 EVERTON 88th minute!!!
VITAL 3 Points!!!!
View attachment 115891

EVERTON V MAN CITY
PREMIERSHIP

Awesome game....really showed me how good we can play against the big teams!!
Xavi after 26 seconds and we were 3-0 up just after half time....we then let City play and I was ******** it as I really thought they would come back into it...but we held firm for a great win and another vital 3 points.
View attachment 115890

TABLE
So this is the table on 1st April and I'm delighted to have taken 14 points from our games which have moved us up 4 places to 14th, 8 points clear of Middlesbrough who occupy 18th.
I think Hull are gone and Sunderland will struggle....looking at the run ins I think Bournemouth will drop too and Middlesbrough's run is is easier.
At the other end Tottenham are 7 clear of Man Utd and are showing no signs of slowing.
Chelsea struggling and Conte is coming under fire already.
View attachment 115889

CURRENT SQUAD
So a quick look at my current Squad, stand out performers have been Lukaku, Valencia and Baines.
Had a bit of a fall out with Lennon as he's not happy he's not playing much.....but I'd rather play Odegaard before him.
On Odegaard....I've not been playing him much so Zidane has spat his dummy out.....once safe I'll start bringing him into the fold a bit more.
View attachment 115900

FEW OF THE BIG MOVERS SO FAR THIS SEASON
View attachment 115888
Not too many crazy transfers.
Gutted I'd lost Deulofeu to Paris before I joined....would have been vital to my team.
Berahino joined Man City for £14.25m......finally ending his transfer saga!!
.......AND Balotelli left Nice for Ajax for £9m....Crazy Dutch Basterds!!!!

NEXT UP - 1ST APRIL

LIVERPOOL V EVERTON

APRIL

WIN SOME, LOSE SOME

So the month of April started with us in 14th Place and heading into my first Merseyside Derby.

APRIL RESULTS
View attachment 115879

View attachment 115880

LIVERPOOL V EVERTON
PREMIERSHIP
ANFIELD

View attachment 115881

Barkley want 100% fit so i started with Cleverly instead and overall it wasn't a bad showing from Everton......we went 2 down but showed great spirit and fought back to 2-2 only to fall behind to 2 goals in the last 20 minutes.
View attachment 115878

BOURNMOUTH V EVERTON
PREMIERSHIP

Bounced back with a good win away from home....but having gone 0-3 up they pegged us back to 2-3 with 30 minutes to go, really need to stop conceding and surrendering decent leads....it could be so much more comfortable.
Odegaard geting a few starts now and scored a great goal today....is he worth pursuing?
View attachment 115877

EVERTON V ARSENAL
PREMIERSHIP

Pretty poor performance and can count ourselves lucky we didn't lose by more.....not expecting to beat the top 6 teams at this stage so as long as we beat the teams around us I'll be happy.
View attachment 115876

EVERTON V STOKE
PREMIERSHIP

Back to winning ways....could have been a much bigger scoreline.....32 Shots!!
Lukaku scoring more often now and his confidence is brimming.....and Bolasie is hitting some amazing form right now...perfect timing!!!
Slowly climbing now!!
View attachment 115875

HUDDERSFIELD V EVERTON
FA CUP SEMI FINAL

Totally destroyed them......although they pulled a goal back to make it 1-1 they never stood a chance, a double from Lukaku and Bolasie send us all the way to the FA Cup Final where we will face Arsenal.
View attachment 115874

WEST BROM V EVERTON
PREMIERSHIP

Bit of a comedown after the FA Cup result....could have been much worse as we were 2-0 down with 30 minutes to go....that in form man Bolasie and Lukaku rescued us a vital point though.
View attachment 115873

So at the start of May and with just 3 Premiership games left to play we find ourselves in 13th with 41 points.....still not mathematically safe but barring an epic fail and a huge reverse in goal difference we should be fine!
Hull are relegated and Tottenham are the new Champions!!!

LEAGUE TABLE - MAY 1ST
View attachment 115872

TOP SCORERS
Andre Gray leading the charts with 19 and closely followed by Harry Kane on 18 and Troy Deeney on 17.
Lukaku is currently down on 11 for the season.
View attachment 115871

CURRENT FIRST TEAM
Players starting to really put in some great performances now.....getting used to my system but work still needs to be done on preventing silly goals being given away.
Giving one of the Youth Players, Jamie Wood a few games off the bench....one for the future.
I have been scouring the World for players and we have exciting prospects on their way next season and in 2018, not sure if some will ever play for Everton due to Permits....but more on them in a minute!
View attachment 115870
Lost Domenech to injury and he'll possibly be out for the season.....Stekelenburg came in and made a few mistakes so may give Robles a chance and put one of the Youth Players on the bench for experience.
Lennon is off at the end of the season.....we had a big fall out over playing time and to be honest he was being a little ***** so he's outta here....Udinese for £6m...happy with that!
Along with the departures at this time will be Mexes on a free too Al-Arabi.

RESERVES/U23
This squad will hopefully be reduced in the summer....the wages are crazy and hopefully get some decent money for these players.....then rebuild with Youth and a few marquee signings!!
View attachment 115869
View attachment 115868

YOUTH SQUAD
We have a few decent youth products coming through.....Jamie Wood already has had a taste of the action in the first team...there are some good young players....the rest will be released to make way for the new generation of player I will be bringing into the club from all over the World......move over La Masia!!
View attachment 115867

JAMIE WOOD
View attachment 115856

HERE ARE SOME OF THE YOUTH PROSPECTS ABOUT TO JOIN EVERTON
View attachment 115866
View attachment 115865
View attachment 115864
View attachment 115863
View attachment 115862
View attachment 115861
View attachment 115860
View attachment 115859
View attachment 115858
View attachment 115857

The stand out player is easily Luca Di Giacomo who will sign on from Fiorentina for £2m.....at only 16 I hope he's not too much of a risk.

UPCOMING FIXTURES
View attachment 115855

Great turn around, don't know why Everton seem to struggle on FM17 in the first season, but looks like they got Xavi in just in time

Great turn around, don't know why Everton seem to struggle on FM17 in the first season, but looks like they got Xavi in just in time

Indeed it was buddy....no idea either why some decent teams struggle.
Hertha Berlin who are doing pretty well in real life finished flat bottom of the Bundesliga!!

MAY

FINAL STRETCH

We are virtually safe now.....just a few points needed to guarantee safety and the task of pulling Everton back from the brink will have been successful......add to the fact we are in the FA Cup Final I'd say that its been a pretty good Year so far since January when I took over.

RESULTS
View attachment 115297

GAMES
View attachment 115296
Totally in control until Bolasie got injured and then we seemed to lose our way.....southampton started coming back but we had on then ended it in the last minute.......safe now mathematically from the drop so mission done....time to focus on the rebuild......and the Cup Final in a few games time.

View attachment 115295
Oh dear.......was doing ok until a strike either side of half time took us out of the game.....a later rally was too little too late.......not that it matter at this point as we are already safe and just playing down the season.

View attachment 115294
Great way to end the season with a double from Lukaku at Goodison Park in front of the home fans.......Premiership Football next season and the FA Cup to look forward to in a few days.

FINAL TABLE
View attachment 115291

SEASON REVIEW
View attachment 115289
View attachment 115288

ARSENAL V EVERTON

View attachment 115292
View attachment 115290

FA CUP FINAL
WEMBLEY STADIUM

View attachment 115293
Wow......what an end to the season!!! What a Game!!!

0-1 Everton.....Close range finish from Lukaku to get us off to a flyer.

1-1 Arsenal......Sanchez loses his marker and slots home the equaliser.....getting worried now as Arsenal begin to dominate.

1-2 Everton.....Get in....Bolasie hits home from just outside the box and we go back in the lead against the run of play.

1-3 Everton.....Just after the break and we hit a 3rd....Valencia cuts in from the wing and curls it round the keeper and we are in total control.

1-4 Everton.....Lukaku hits a thunder bolt from 15 yards out....FA Cup is surely ours!

2-4 Arsenal......They pull one back from a tap in from the Ox....just need to hold on as the game is turning again.

3-4 Arsenal.....Another goal back in the last minute from the Ox.....Arsenal are piling men forward trying to bring the game back!!

4 Mins injury time to endure.....but then the whistle blows.......we have done it.....FA Cup is ours and I'm so thrilled as we already have our first trophy AND European Football next season!!

Congrats man, looking forward to seeing future transfers and European football next season

Pre Season - June & July 2017

View attachment 114973

So after taking over Everton in January from Ronald Koeman it was obvious that the squad had some talent.....but at the same time there were too many ageing players on high wages....and average players on high wages.

After steering the club clear of relegation and fantastically winning the FA Cup, thus qualifying for the Europa League, this Pre Season would see a complete overhaul at the club....huge amount of players moved on from the club and brought in some good transfer money that I have put to good use and signed some young and exciting players.

Lets have a look at the outgoings:
View attachment 114972

Two veterans hung up their boots, Gareth Barry and Phil Jagielka called it a day and thankfully freed me from about £100k+ on wages per week.
Aaron Lennon and Muhamed Besic brought in decent fees....but the main shock was the departure of Kevin Miralles to Guangzhou for £25m.....totally came out of the blue as I expected him to be a first team regular next season.....positives is it gives us an extra £20m to play with.

Tried to be shrewd with incoming....some focus on the future:
View attachment 114971

Two players as I see as KEY......Cristian Pavon and Andres Cubas....both signed from Boca for under £14m....in my eyes they will be the buys of the season if they play well.
Future England defender Ben Gibson was brought in from Middlesbrough for £14m and will partner Funes Mori and will be made the new Everton Captain.
Another 2 stand out signings are Victor Moses and Fernando Torres.....Torres has been brough in because of the lack of strikers. Im not seeing many quality goal-scorers out there at a decent price so he will be used until I find the right player to back up Lukaku.

A Closer look at the signings:

View attachment 114970View attachment 114969
View attachment 114968View attachment 114967
View attachment 114966View attachment 114965
View attachment 114964View attachment 114963
View attachment 114962View attachment 114961

Squad for the new season:

View attachment 114960

I'm happy with the current squad...although if we get a few injuries I think we could struggle so I'd have to rely on youth.....if more players become available at a good price then I may sign a few backup players.

KEY PLAYERS:
- Ben Gibson
- Andres Cubas
- Ross Barkley
- Cristian Pavon
- Romelu Lukaku

Pre Season and USA Tour

View attachment 114959

USA TOUR

COLORADO V EVERTON
FRIENDLY
View attachment 114958
I know Pre Season isn't about the results....but starting off with a loss is not a good thing.....especially as we dominated the game.
Need to improve FAST!!

NEW YORK COSMOS V EVERTON
FRIENDLY
View attachment 114957
First win of pre season...strange on as we scored 2 from only 8 shots....where the previous game we scored 0 from 31!!!

MIAMI V EVERTON
FRIENDLY
View attachment 114956
Now thats how you win a game....virtually won by Lukaku on his own...with interest from Chelsea and Atletico I need to keep him happy as he'll get us the goals this season.

WATFORD V EVERTON
FRIENDLY
View attachment 114955
Premiership Clash in the USA!!!
WTF JUST HAPPENED!! 3-0 Up In 27 minutes to then throw it all away and LOSE 3-4
Some serious talking went on after this result as we cannot afford to do this back home in the Premiership!!

ST JOHNSTONE V EVERTON
TESTIMONIAL
View attachment 114954
Another 4 goals from that man again Lukaku and all done in 30mins....incredible!!
Great way to finish Pre Season and get ready for the Community Shield.

EVERTON V TOTTENHAM
COMMUNITY SHIELD
View attachment 114953
Totally blitzed the Champions of England!!!
If we play like this I'll be over the moon and can see us doing well this season....but its never that straight forward is it!!!!

PRE SEASON ODDS:
View attachment 114952
Media Prediction of 7th....I'd say 6th or 7th....depending on injuries.
I'm going for Man Utd after they signed Greizmann.
Huddersfield, Wolves and West Brom for the drop.

UP NEXT...THE SEASON BEGINS

Hey guys...just wondering if you think this story is any good as I don't seem to be getting much feedback/interaction