Xbox 360 Advice

• Thread starter Thread starter *JK*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 2K

*JK*

19th Title Here we Come
Reaction score
Hi guys i decided to resurect this thread, what it is my brother brought a game and he played it once and it got like a ring of death on the cd ( the shiny side) any idea why it will do that?

READ THIS

Last edited:
Hi guys i am buying the new xbox 360 can i have some advice

some advie? get a ps3 seriously they are a better console, but no this version you don't need to buy the wireless adapter, it has it built in like the ps3 always has ;)

Nah mate, i can betray the beloved xbox lol, i have got a ps3 anyway and i find the xbox better on most things apart from films:P

YEs it has built in wifi. No need for an ethernet cable or a network adapter.

People say that they hate the xbox because it is noisy, but the new xbox is not noisy atal.

Nah mate, i can betray the beloved xbox lol, i have got a ps3 anyway and i find the xbox better on most things apart from films:P

dont want to get into an xbox ps3 arguement because ps3 always wins and i dont need to back it up :P

but yeah the new 360 does look nice, but i wouldnt get it if you have a 360 just now, i would wait until the new xbox as in the 720 or what ever its going to be called

People say that they hate the xbox because it is noisy, but the new xbox is not noisy atal.

Whats that got to do with my question lol :S

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

No i have to get it as we just moved and I had to give my xbox 2 my stupid bro and i can play it eh family these days

Whats that got to do with my question lol :S

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

No i have to get it as we just moved and I had to give my xbox 2 my stupid bro and i can play it eh family these days

oh okay then go for it :) but if you have a ps3 why?

oh okay then go for it :) but if you have a ps3 why?

Simply not as good in my experience.

I have the new Xbox, although yes, it has it's own built in wireless, it isn't as good as the two pronged adapter (which I have).

Which I would recommend buying.

Cheers guys,

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:55 PM ----------

read opening post!

the only time ive ever had that is when ive kicked my xbox so maybe thats the cause of it?

Hi guys i decided to resurect this thread, what it is my brother brought a game and he played it once and it got like a ring of death on the cd ( the shiny side) any idea why it will do that?

Ring of death on the CD, as in like the laser actually etched a ring onto the CD ? this happened to me once but on a Ps2 which was knackered anyways... Only thing I can think of is it being the laser. How olds the 360? and has it had problems before ?

the red ring of death applies to the ring on the xbox button. The ring on your CD is because your xbox has been knocked. You will have to go to a shop to get it cleaned but it will be rare that it will work because those kind of scratches are nearly impossible to sort out.

what is the chance the xbox will do it AGAIN?

just make sure that your xbox is facing down and not on its side, then it should be very rare that it will happen, also if you want to move your xbox make sure it is turned off and a disk isn't inside it.

I think it all depends on the age of your 360, I've mentioned it on another post about laser's burning out but if it has been knocked whilst playing that would of most likely etch the cd, they can be cleaned but depends on how deep the scratches are.. where I used to work the RTI machines which removed scratches do a really good job.

Number 1 its flat down any way, number two it dosent move and number three ive only had it since XMAS Just gone, but i dont want to play fifa on it if its going to do that.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

AND never any problems untill now

<<**Jordan**>>;Number 1 its flat down any way, number two it dosent move and number three ive only had it since XMAS Just gone, but i dont want to play fifa on it if its going to do that.

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

AND never any problems untill now

Is it still under warranty ? Only other thing is if it's properly ventilated, I imagine if it gets too hot then this could cause the laser to malfunction but other than that I'd suggest saving the games to hard drive to reduce the usage of the disc..

Back