Xbox 360 Advice

• Thread starter Thread starter *JK*
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 2K
If it happens for more than one game, get the receipt and go back to the shop and they can change it for a new one if its still under Warranty because that means it's the console rather than anything else.

Is it still under warranty ? Only other thing is if it's properly ventilated, I imagine if it gets too hot then this could cause the laser to malfunction but other than that I'd suggest saving the games to hard drive to reduce the usage of the disc..
yh 9months

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

ok thanks dude.

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 PM ----------

I dont know whether to risk fifa 11 would you?

Only two things could of caused a scratched ring around a disc, the most common is movement of the console while the disc is in use and the other is the laser has failed. If you want to risk another game you have no use for any more you can find out if it's a console malfunction because it will scratch the disc again.

If that happens, new console needed. If it doesn't somebody HAS moved your console while the disc was being read.

I'm not 100% sure how the warranty works, I know when the RROD occured people couldn't get there consoles replaced in store and was referred to Microsoft but seeing as it's a disc drive issue it may be different, but hope it all gets sorted out.

ok m8

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

gna try with an old game! c if it does it cheers

I'm not 100% sure how the warranty works, I know when the RROD occured people couldn't get there consoles replaced in store and was referred to Microsoft but seeing as it's a disc drive issue it may be different, but hope it all gets sorted out.

It depends on store policy but if you can't go in and get a store replacement, Microsoft will fix/replace any console with general faults for free with a one year warranty. RROD and E74 errors are also covered by a 3 year warranty.

If you've had it since last christmas yo're still covered. Takes around 2 weeks for Microsoft to fix/replace though.

i dont know what to do microsoft want to pick my xbox up but i want to play fifa what to do what to do!

Risk scratching it or let them take your console, no other options mate.

did trying the old game scratch it as well? It may have just been a one off...

Hi guys i decided to resurect this thread, what it is my brother brought a game and he played it once and it got like a ring of death on the cd ( the shiny side) any idea why it will do that?

READ THIS

xbox 360 just does this sometimes, usually if the console is moved while being played or sometimes it just happens, ive heard a few stories of MS replacing the damaged discs when the console was under warranty. because the damage was caused by one of many design flaws in the original 360,

im not sure if there is anything you can do about it now, especially if your 360 is an old one. if it does it to another game you may want to look into chaning the disc drive, which is just like changing on in a computer.

no it didnt scratch the old one!

ok m8 no problem

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

yeah but you still have to have the game in the xbox?

ok m8 no problem

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

yeah but you still have to have the game in the xbox?

Yes, but it won't play from the disc so less chance of it scratching.

Only advice I can offer is to install FIFA 11 to your hard drive, it might not scratch while installing and from then on will play from the hard drive.
you still need to have the disk in to play it, all installing it does is make it run faster and quieter :S

ok thanks ill give it a try

you still need to have the disk in to play it, all installing it does is make it run faster and quieter :S

Yes you need the disc in, but it doesn't read from the disc. It plays from the hard drive, hence the lack of noise and faster load times.

Back