Xbox 360 One Red Light

robertozig

Reaction score
ok, my friends xbox 360 has 1 red light in the bottom right hand corner. i have searched and this is apparently the e74 error. just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas what to do?

ring up microsoft, tell them, they will tell you wot to do from there

trust me that is bad i think if you get 3 then it wont go atall correct me if i am wrong

kk well i think he phoning microsoft in a min
I had exactly the same problem with an almost new Elite,took it back to the shop and got a new one.Xbox's before a certain date have dodgy power boxes with too much voltage which causes them to over heat and melt the internal soldering.New Xbox's no longer have this problem.

if it is under warranty (under 3 years old) just ring microsoft and they will send a courier to pick it up and they will repair it and send it back. It will take about a week i know this because it happened to me although i got the complete ring of death. Just ring them mate....Good luck!!!!

This is what happened to my Xbox. Phone Microsoft and they will sort it out!

I'm not 100% sure, but I think I had that error. After I send it in and no errors were found I eventually figured out that the AV cable was broken.

Try to borrow a cable from a friend and see if that fixes it.

Yeah when I rang up Microsoft they made my change all my cables, take out the HDD and other things. So it's worth trying all that first.

well he said he hasn't phoned them so might trade it all in so im tryin to convince him to call microsoft but its not under warrenty and he said he can't afford it

If it's not under warranty for the one red light it may still be under warranty for the RROD. It could just be worth him messing it up a bit more just to get that error and then he can get it repaired for free.