xbox live problem

jakemufc

Reaction score
I switched to eircom a few months ago because wimax is terrible, eircom isnt proving to be much better, im on the 8mb ngb, the internet connection is ok, not great but not to bad, but xbox live is terrible, im getting 5 bars which s great but every fifteen minutes i get the ''connection nterupted'' and i get signed out of xbox live, but the internet on m y laptop isnt dropping connecttion, the second i get signed out i can sign in straight away again, i turned my firewall off and it made no difference, same with my nat (its set to low) and upnp is on. I rang xbox and went throught the usual steps, then they told me to ring eircom who did the same, and told me to ring xbox again. Im seriosly considering moving to ps3 and upc. Why does my xbox live connection just sign out randomly and then i can sign back in no problem staight after?

I think ive a better chance of getting a useful answer here ahead of the eircom or xbox threads.

Try opening 80 TCP, 3074 TCP, 88 UDP, 3074 UDP, 53 TCP and UDP and 3330 UDP Ports on your router used by xbox live.

il try that now thanks, im not sure if it will work though because firewall is off so the ports are probably open, plus im able to play for a few minutes before it stops.