Xbox vs Playstation

Reaction score
Hi guys I'd liek your opinions about one thing, I really hope you'll help me because it's plenty of money in stake.
Like many, I've waited for price drops to consider buying a console. Now, since many of you have a play or an xbox could you tell me why did you choose it and are you happy with the one you have?
I've heard xbox have more games than play, but does it have all the game playstation has? I don't want to miss Metal Gear Solid 4, been a huge fan ever since psx.
And it ain't a marketing check lol, I'm checking and waiting for opinions beacuse I don't want to blow min 300 euros, up to 400 with accesories plus the games in a console that won't satisfy me.
And I think it could be a good thread, dunno.

XBOX 360 without a doubt!!!!!

better online play, more games and better controls!!!

Simples!!!

Ps3 without a doubt!!!!

just as good online play, better quality, and as good controls

HI Luis Aragones Legacy,

Since your a big fan is Metal gear solid guns of the patriots(which i tell you now its a class game) then theres only one anwser get a Playstation3 without a doubt playstation is probs better than xbox online with better quality. For one ive got a playstation and i have no regrets about buying it some of my friends have got xbox and they say its **** ive played on xbox aswell its good but not fantastic it doesnt give you the buzz you would when on ps3 playstation cost like double the xbox but the more money you pay the much better quality you get for it:)

Plus Fifa 09 on playstation is 100 times better than xbox Love it you will not regret getting a playstation3 trust me on this Luis Aragones Legacy.

hopefully you will make the right choice/

Last edited:
Ps3 without a doubt!!!!

just as good online play, better quality, and as good controls

im an xbox'er myself but i've found all my friends that have a ps3 are always complaining that their controllers are **** :) and apparently its £180 to get your ps3 fixed now

And Gatid . . i've heard many people say that you get more skills on ffa on xbox than ps3
i would possibly buy a ps3 too but they would need to sort out the price and the controllers

Last edited:
Last fifa I played was 09 I think but on PS2, they have really evolved and I heard PES is getting ****** but I think I'm more a PES guy now.
Yeah well I guess no sequel has been as good as the original ''movie'' and alas Metal Gear is a flagrant proof of it, not only happy with making us play with some homosexual **** (sorry for gays out there) in sons of liberty (and honestly, had I got the choice I'd have joined the terrorists) they destroyed big boss in snake eater, arguably one of the best characters ever destroyed and turn to ashes, so I really don't know what to think about the last MGS I'll buy it hoping for the best but I've been so disappointed ever since with that serie.
I must say right now price is being the big argument in what I'm seeing (I'll check this thread obviously and seems both sides have good arguments)
A question: do xbox 360 have their own ''platinum'' games like on playstation? because it doesn't matter spending 200euros more if you gonna buy all games for 10 quids and buying an xbox at 150 isn't interesting if they don't have their ''platinum'' games, anybody can shed a light on this please?
And thanks for answering (I thanked you all oficially :) )

Why would you need to get your PS3 fixed, it doesn't break down like an Xbox. ;) I like the PS3 controllers, only slight niggle I have with them is the L2 and R2 are a bit slippy but that's it.

MGS4 is pretty awesome, there's some really long cut scenes but the gameplay and graphics are fantastic as always. If you're a fan of the series then you will enjoy it.

anything about the ''platinum'' games on xbox? Meaning, do prices drop considerably after a time?

I have both, but use the 360 for gaming, I mainly use the ps3 as a blu player, I web browser when I'm in bed, or to play my pc files like films and things.
But soley on gaming the 360 is the better system

im an xbox'er myself but i've found all my friends that have a ps3 are always complaining that their controllers are **** :) and apparently its £180 to get your ps3 fixed now

And Gatid . . i've heard many people say that you get more skills on ffa on xbox than ps3
i would possibly buy a ps3 too but they would need to sort out the price and the controllers

Nah,

Maybe your friends smash up their controllers when they lose when playing online or something my controllers are awesome if you treat them well they wouldnt brake..

xboxx probs have more skills than ps3 but that doesnt make the game better, Fifa 09 on ps3 is alot smoother its hard to explain but the game just suits ps3 much better i think its due to how the controller works.

Nah,

Maybe your friends smash up their controllers when they lose when playing online or something my controllers are awesome if you treat them well they wouldnt brake..

xboxx probs have more skills than ps3 but that doesnt make the game better, Fifa 09 on ps3 is alot smoother its hard to explain but the game just suits ps3 much better i think its due to how the controller works.

your right, fifa is a little smoother on the ps3, its because Fifa does not completly suite the 360 pad. Neither do fighting games, like Virtua Fighter.
G
But on the other hand FPS games like COD are far far far better on the 360.
Even third person games like resident evil are better on the 360.

My theory is sports and fighting games suit the ps3 pad, but shooting and racing games suit the 360 pad

A question: do xbox 360 have their own ''platinum'' games like on playstation? because it doesn't matter spending 200euros more if you gonna buy all games for 10 quids and buying an xbox at 150 isn't interesting if they don't have their ''platinum'' games, anybody can shed a light on this please?

i think xbox do "classics" but im not sure wat games you can get . . they definetly did classics for the origonal xbox

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Nah,

i dont think their controllers are broke they just have a tendency for the analog sticks sticking

Yea they do classics which is xbox's platinum equivelent. To be quite honest if you like Metal Gear Solid that much you care about which bosses they killed off then you should really buy a PS3 and play MGS4.

I really want to play MGS4 myself but I can't justify paying so much for a console to play one single game, there is nothing I want for the PS3 I can't get on the 360.

Don't listen to most of the fanboy comments you've seen here, do some googling for neutral reviews and visit a games or electronics store with demo setups and play each console yourself and see which controller feels better for you.

I'm quite happy with my 360, happy enough not to buy a PS3. That doesn't mean I think the PS3 is the lesser of the two, I just felt it was better value for what I wanted.

Hope this helps.

thanks craven you can imagine I am looking for reviews, prices funny thing is that reviews basically place both consoles on pretty much the same level, so they aren't really helpful. The non-paying online gaming with play is definetly a factor in favour, saves 60 quids a month, not nothing! Thing is since I always pretty much move between two or three countries in a year I want to check where is the less expensive, but 400 for a play 3 is still a lot, I wouln't mind but since it is common knowledge (sony said said it itself) that they want to make the profits through selling games, I can't afford 80 euros for a game, out of principle and out of my wallet lol but keep on saying what you think I won't be buying it before may-june anyway.

except thats its not £180 to get it fixed ;)

thanks craven you can imagine I am looking for reviews, prices funny thing is that reviews basically place both consoles on pretty much the same level, so they aren't really helpful. The non-paying online gaming with play is definetly a factor in favour, saves 60 quids a month, not nothing! Thing is since I always pretty much move between two or three countries in a year I want to check where is the less expensive, but 400 for a play 3 is still a lot, I wouln't mind but since it is common knowledge (sony said said it itself) that they want to make the profits through selling games, I can't afford 80 euros for a game, out of principle and out of my wallet lol but keep on saying what you think I won't be buying it before may-june anyway.

another thing is 360 games are region locked, but ps3 games are all same region

Owned lol? Save it, been hearing that overused word for the most part of 10 years. You can't say that the 360 games are region locked, then show a list of games that are region free and tell me that's owning.