XeNoNF50

Reaction score
Hey guys! Here's my 3rd tactic for FM12. As you know I've already got a 4-1-2-2-1 and a 4-2-3-1 tactic already out which you can find by browsing the forums :)

Anyway here's some information about this tactic. I only tested this tactic for 10 games inside one of my tester game saves so it's not been extensively tested by myself however in those 10 games, it has done enough to convince me that it is a consistent tactic and that it is very effective. This tactic is possibly the best I've made yet. The play is very very fluid. Think I've fallen in love with this formation hah.

During the 10 games my Man Utd team I used to test scored 28 goals and conceded only 3. 1 goal was from the result of a scruffy free kick which the opposition (Marseille) scored from. The other 2 were from open play scored by Agbonlahor and Defoe. Anyway here is the tactic.

Formation:

manchesterunitedtactics.png

Results:

manchesterunitedfixture.png

Tactic Analysis:

manchesterunitedteamrep.png

Some games of interest:

manutdvmancitystatsmatc.png

evertonvmanutdstatsmatc.png

astonvillavmanutdstatsm.png

manutdvwestbromstatsmat.png

manutdvfulhamstatsmatch.png

Download link: XeNoN's 4-4-1-1 DM v1.00 (Man Utd, Dec 2011).tac

I didn't change pitch size. I left everything else to assistant (team talks match prep). No opposition instructions.

Enjoy!

First game, 3-0 vs City in the Community Shield.

You're a saint.

Followed by a 1-0 loss to Stoke and a 2-1 loss to Spurs.

However, my only first team CBs available are Jonny Evans and Chris Smalling; and everyone knows how **** Evans is.

And Rooney just tore his hamstring on International Duty!

Last edited:
Followed by a 1-0 loss to Stoke and a 2-1 loss to Spurs.

However, my only first team CBs available are Jonny Evans and Chris Smalling; and everyone knows how **** Evans is.

And Rooney just tore his hamstring on International Duty!

Lol oh. Team probably not fully fit and tactic not fully trained. When I begin season I always struggle for some reason.

A tactic that works with Man Utd? That´s a great tactic.

A tactic that works with Man Utd? That´s a great tactic.

Have you tried this with a lower league team or even a team predicted to finish in the bottom half of the league?

I know you were being sarcastic hence my asking if you tried it before commenting. If you have not, you should try it first.

The tactic itself does not suit a lot of teams. No-one has proper wingers. I see all these teams with players with only AMR/L's without being MR/L's. I suppose a flat midfield is a dying breed nowadays. Should work with Tottenham (I tested 3 games with them on a test game save and won them all though hardest opponent was Liverpool so not really that hard). Works with Man Utd because their midfield is balanced. Hard finding other teams, though I've just started a save with PSG to test it.

Works like a charm with my tottenham team

Gomes-walker-dawson-king-BAE-Lennon-Vaart-Parker-Modric-Bale-Dembele/Barrios

Won three straight games since trying it out. thanks! ;)

Works like a charm with my tottenham team

Gomes-walker-dawson-king-BAE-Lennon-Vaart-Parker-Modric-Bale-Dembele/Barrios

Won three straight games since trying it out. thanks! ;)

No worries, thanks for the feedback!

NeNONF50 what about testing it on a small team? Would it work in your opinion?