XML issues, failed to set up graphics and crash dumps

My laptop overheated and shut down during my current FM11 game. When I restarted my machine and launched FM through Steam I received the following message:

not well formed invalid token at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml

I deleted the settings folder and the message disappeared, but so has the one saved game I was running! Does anyone know how I can save it? Is it lost forever???

Thanks

I've got FM 11 on Steam.

Whenever i create a new game, Afer the first match I get a crash dump as It's loading to go back to the main screen.
I can go on holiday, But If i play a game I get a crash dump.

Tried everything posted on here and other sites..

So basically, I've got FM 11 and I can't play it.

Anyone else have this problem? And If you know how to fix it that'd be helpful...

This is the exact problem I have, just started my new career and after my first competitive match, I get the crash dump. I also use Steam, dunno what to do..?

Same here, the odd thing is that ive been playing since release day, and this started ony last few weeks. tried the above fix options however still play a game and while loading page crash dumps, as LFCDANNY i can go on hoiday but cant play after a game.

---------- Post added at 02:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 AM ----------

strange that this crash dump type is happening to LFC supporters (people playing with LFC)

i have this error at 2011
"not well-formed invalid token at line 1 floating_league_table_state_changed xml"
can anyone help??????

It's something to do with the graphics card.
I've downloaded it to a laptop and It works.
But on the PC there was something wrong with my graphics card.

Hope this helps.

This thing works magic, for like 4 days i kept getting 'Football Manager Stopped Working'. I download this and bam it works :)

I've just got the game today, installed it went fine, tried to start a new game and my laptop turns off ****** charger!!, i then put it back on, try to load up fm and i get Invalid Token XML Parsing Error i press okay then i get like 20 more whilst loading up :S then when i go off then try to go back on fm i get 'this application has failed to start because saAudit2005MT.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem' :( and i did re-install but got the same errors :( what can i do?

Crash Dump

Windows Vista and Windows 7:
1. Click “Start”
2. Click your username on the start Menu
3. Click on “AppData” and then “Roaming”
4. Go into the “Sports Interactive” Folder
5. Delete the “Football Manager 2011” Folder.

Sure, And how should I do that when some other file which I canNOT find is blokking this????

Last edited:
Hi, I tried installing the game without steam and got the graphics system error but when I installed it on steam it was fine. Problem is it has updated itself to the 11.2 patch which I hear has errors on it creating crash dumps. How do I get rid of the 11.2 patch and just use the default data?

I have a folder crash dumps, with one file in it. But dont have any problem i think. I can play my Spurs game. Weird isnt it?

is it strange that my FM 11 folder in "Roaming" folder is over 300 mb ?

Hi there hoping you can help me!

I followed the instructions to the letter to try and load up the game since I've only ever recieved the "Cannot run game - Failed to setup graphics system"

It appears my graphics card is discontinued so posting to see if you can indeed help (I hope so!!)

Here's my details :

Device

Name : Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller
Manufacturer : Intel Corporation
Chip Type : Intel (R) 82865G Graphics Controller
DAC Type : Internal
Approw. Total Memory : 96.0MB
Current Display Mode : 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor : Dell E173FP

Drivers

Main Driver : iamrnt5.dll
Version : 6.14.0010.4396(English)
Date : 20/09/2005 09:52:38
WHQL Logo'd : Yes
Mini VDD : ialmnt5.sys
VDD : n/a
DDI Version : 9 (or higher)

Hope that is everything you need!

Thanks in advance!

Thank you thank you thank you! you saved my saved games :D

My laptop overheated and shut down during my current FM11 game. When I restarted my machine and launched FM through Steam I received the following message:

not well formed invalid token at line 1 of last_saved_game.xml

I deleted the settings folder and the message disappeared, but so has the one saved game I was running! Does anyone know how I can save it? Is it lost forever???

Thanks

Same thing happened to me. Gutted.

If the files can be opened and edited then why couldn't it be saved?
I get an error that says "XML parsing error" "not well formed (invalid token) at line 1 of last-saved_game.xml"

With all of these programming gurus on here I'm hoping to find out it's possible to open the file and edit it, maybe open an uncorrupted one and mimic the missing or corrupted data?

Long shot, but I think I'm done with FM 11 for awhile if it's not recoverable, don't have the energy to re-create my season.

Going to buy a Mac too, that was the last straw in my patience for the ghetto world of microsoft and pc's.

Any advice will be very, very much appreciated!!

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Thank you thank you thank you! you saved my saved games :D

How? Who? What?

Do share.

Cheers Jake for posting that. Followed it down to the "t" and seems to have fixed my XML issue. Have had "crash Dumps" happen to me for 3 seasons now. Usually I could play two games, save and restart the game as during the third game at some point it would crash. Was content with doing this, even though was a pain in the ***, until today had an XML error before a game. Basically wouldn't let me continue. After I deleted the FM11 folder listed in the instructional XML issue was no more and still had my save game :) still don't know about "crash dumps" but will get back on that. Also I deleted all additional graphic content except the FM 2011 logos the .fmf file.

Thanks Again

Alrite guys, my xml error occurs when I first double click on the fm11 shortcut. It says something about line one database...

Any ideas.

I downloaded using Steam, I'm getting the XML last saved game error, can't load any games. I tried doing what was suggested, but even when I made absolutely sure I had hidden folders shown, no settings folder to be seen. I can't have been looking in the wrong place, and even if I was I searched the entire My Documents for a folder called Settings, and nothing. :(

I take it people who run the game on Apple computers don't have these problems?

In football manager 2011, when i go to player training it show me array out of bount. What should i do?

Right i followed the instructions for how to fix XML parsing error as one of my saves wouldnt load. I deleted the file etc and i started up FM again and i have now lost all of my saves, no previous saved games!!