XML parsing error! ...please help!

RalphRiches

Reaction score
I have had football manager for a few months now, and its been all okay. However lately, when I have a match, choose the team talk, then when I click play I have an error saying " not well-formed (invalid token) at line 1 of floating_info_state_changed.xml" and so it never allows me to play a match, please help!

Thanks!

I get the exact same error, it happened after I was playing on my laptop and suddenly the charger fell out (so it lost it's powersource because I didn't have a battery in the laptop). When I started up the laptop again and loaded my last save file I also got this error when entering a match getting to teamtalk. I have no idea how to solve this, it happens to all my save files...

Ive had the same error a couple of time, not sure what causes it but to fix I found the info on the attached link useful,

http://www.thedugout.tv/community/showthread.php?t=50962

Ive got the game through Steam, to fix it do the following...

load up steam, games, football manager, right click and go to preferences, set launch options and type reset_preferences

Load up the game and it should work, note once its loaded remember to go back into steam and delete the load_preferences.

Hi i ave the same problem with my fm, i tried your suggestion but i can't locate the preferences file when i click on football manger in steam.