XML Parsing Error

Mr Chelsea

Reaction score
Seeing as no-one is getting any replys in the current thread, and I would like a reply I'm starting a new thread for my situation.

The things stated on the other thread don't apply to me.
I can't find any of the folders or do anything it tells me to do.
I've uninstalled everything and deleted everything and I still get the same message.

Any help?

f you are getting an Invalid Token XML Parsing Error message then do the following...

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Vista\Windows7: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Once deleted restart your computer and try launching the game again.

If you are unable to locate the folders please ensure that hidden folders are enabled as detailed below:

- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Select Folder Options*
- Select View
- Select Show Hidden files and folders

f you are getting an Invalid Token XML Parsing Error message then do the following...

Delete the following folder:

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\[your username]\Application Data\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Vista\Windows7: C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\settings

Once deleted restart your computer and try launching the game again.

If you are unable to locate the folders please ensure that hidden folders are enabled as detailed below:

- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Select Folder Options*
- Select View

Sourced from http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=31688

To find the app folder i think u need to enable show hidden files in your folder options.

- Click on Start
- Select Control Panel
- Select Folder Options*
- Select View

do this as a couple people already explained

Helps to read , and also helps to use the search tool as there is a few threads on this i believe ,
above the recent threads section on your right , you see search forums , type in what you are looking for and it will come up. If it does not come up make a new thread.

Last edited:
I've deleted the settings folder, and it worked, but the problem has started again. also downloaded the xml from microsoft, still no luck.