Year 2022 - Player inflation is crazy!

Lucia19

Reaction score
Hi guys,

New to FM Base. I cannot find any posts regarding this so hoping I have duplicated anything. Does anyone notice how expensive players are getting now in the game?

I am in 2022 with Atletico Madrid. I have some good regens I got quite early but now it seems they're ridiculously over priced. I found a 17 year old with Bayern - I put in a bid of like £10m and suggested terms and they actually came back and said they want £112m!!! WHAT?! :'( I totally get that this is them telling me to sod off and they're a big club too who don't really need the funds but the same is happening with smaller teams who are probably scraping the barrel for money. They want like £60m+ for a 16-17 year old. I get that they're trying to make it harder and you can't just buy anyone but it's mad and unrealistic.

Even players who are a bit older now, for example Andre Silva....he's with Liverpool now but they want stupid money! I can't seem to find anyone affordable in the transfer window to buy! Older players expensive, young promising regens also expensive.

Is there a trick I'm missing out on on how to negotiate or when to go back and try again? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all!

Lu

This isn't player inflation. Inflation isn't in FM. It's just teams who don't want to sell their good youngsters.

Take a look at today's market mate. Bang average players go for at least 20 millions. Better ones of at least 40. It's just that football world has went mental with prices...

This isn't player inflation. Inflation isn't in FM. It's just teams who don't want to sell their good youngsters.

It's not just youngsters though, teams won't sell players between 26-28 either unless it's for a silly amount. I'm completely stuck on who to buy

Take a look at today's market mate. Bang average players go for at least 20 millions. Better ones of at least 40. It's just that football world has went mental with prices...

It's mad, I can't seem to buy anyone with the money I have at A Madrid....last few transfer windows I've ended up with no one.

It's mad, I can't seem to buy anyone with the money I have at A Madrid....last few transfer windows I've ended up with no one.
One obvious thing is to look beyond the big teams for youngsters. They won't be easy to buy, so look elsewhere. This is where scouts can help both in finding the players and also giving you an idea of the cost.

Lucia

whats your tranfer wallet size and wage size available? how long have u been managing A.Mad?
how do u wanna conduct your transfer activity? u wanna bring in great potential youth? u wanna bring in more players to fill in for the season with huge amount of games? or u wanna to pack it up with one super quality player to bring the squad to another level? u wanna replace aging players or players that arent doing well or not happy and want to leave?

ask yourself these questions and make the transfer according to it. in 2022 i believe u would have an ok size for your transfer kitty

here is a pop quiz, how much would u think this player will cost ya if u were to buy him from chelsea?
View attachment 90376
what about this regen? can u guess the price tag?

Last edited:
Lucia

whats your tranfer wallet size and wage size available? how long have u been managing A.Mad?
how do u wanna conduct your transfer activity? u wanna bring in great potential youth? u wanna bring in more players to fill in for the season with huge amount of games? or u wanna to pack it up with one super quality player to bring the squad to another level? u wanna replace aging players or players that arent doing well or not happy and want to leave?

ask yourself these questions and make the transfer according to it. in 2022 i believe u would have an ok size for your transfer kitty

here is a pop quiz, how much would u think this player will cost ya if u were to buy him from chelsea?
View attachment 1120050
what about this regen? can u guess the price tag?

Wow lots of questions lol. I could say I always look to build for the future, so regens 17-18 but also buy players before they reach their peak at like 24-25.

I tried to buy that player (at Arsenal in my game) and I'm sure when I suggested terms they asked for a ridiculous amount because I looked elsewhere.

The Regen.....sounds silly but the regen from Bayern I mentioned has a similar value (unde £1m) and they asked for £112m, admitted I could negotiate to get this down to around £70m but still!!!

if ya only buying for the future, that would mean ya happy with your current squad? 24-25 could be peak for some players lucia.
Riechedly Bazoer will becoming into my squad next season (as instructed when i made a bid for him) and he would cost me a mere 26.5 mil. just a little higher than 50% of his market value. Why? because chelsea deemed he was a surplus and put him on a transfer list.

oh and sorry about the last picture. i forgot to replace it
View attachment 90373
how much do u think u would have to pay to get this regen?

point is u need to look for bargain. if u want that player and it is not on the list of circumstances i listed on the other post then its gonna cost u alot.

The Regen.....sounds silly but the regen from Bayern I mentioned has a similar value (unde £1m) and they asked for £112m, admitted I could negotiate to get this down to around £70m but still!!!
Because they don't need to sell or want to sell - so they quoted you a silly figure to get you to go away and it worked.

Because they don't need to sell or want to sell - so they quoted you a silly figure to get you to go away and it worked.

unless ya like me and u r willing to buy it at about that price LOL

Too many cheap regens around for that!

Try to attack smaller teams. Also hire the best scouting team that you can and scout extensively. You can always find regents with amazing stats and potential. Try to sign them early before any big team butts in. ( I'm in 2021 in my wolves save. I am in the championship and I only recently signed a 20 year old regen with 18 finishing and 17 heading for only 90k.

Also look for free transfers. A lot of the big teams release some of their very good players very often. Try the player search feature and add condition to search players that have six months remaining on their contract. Scout them and try to sign them if they are good.

The transfers are also not that unrealistic. I had eden hazard join Psg for only 27m in my save.

As i said earlier, you got to scout better and keep your eyes open and you can get a lot of players for a reasonable amount.

I totally get that, I do the same when City or PSG come sniffing but I physically cannot find anyone with 4-5 stars affordable at the moment.

Is there another way to negotiate or come back later?

I totally get that, I do the same when City or PSG come sniffing but I physically cannot find anyone with 4-5 stars affordable at the moment.

Is there another way to negotiate or come back later?
So if you do the same, why can't you understand that other teams do it too?

Find regens elsewhere. You're going to struggle if you're trying to pry them away from a big club.

So if you do the same, why can't you understand that other teams do it too?

Find regens elsewhere. You're going to struggle if you're trying to pry them away from a big club.

Lol how many more times have I said I understand. Jeeze.

I'm not just trying big clubs either. Tried small Italian sides, small English sides, even sniffed around South America. They seem to ask for a lot. When I only get give 20-30 to spend it's hard to find a nice little deal.

I'm not just trying big clubs either. Tried small Italian sides, small English sides, even sniffed around South America. They seem to ask for a lot. When I only get give 20-30 to spend it's hard to find a nice little deal.

Just scout? I see quite a few young players who look they're going to be good but their club aren't interested in selling. 90% of the time, I just continue along my merry way and find someone else of the same quality and potential for 2m - 10m.

If I really want a player and he's at a smaller club, I'll put the effort in of making a cheeky bid or declaring interest and then bide my time. He'll either come later in the window or the next one if I can get him to kick up enough of a fuss.

Scout scout and scout some more. Scout regions and definitely scout youth competitions.

Just scout? I see quite a few young players who look they're going to be good but their club aren't interested in selling. 90% of the time, I just continue along my merry way and find someone else of the same quality and potential for 2m - 10m.

If I really want a player and he's at a smaller club, I'll put the effort in of making a cheeky bid or declaring interest and then bide my time. He'll either come later in the window or the next one if I can get him to kick up enough of a fuss.

Scout scout and scout some more. Scout regions and definitely scout youth competitions.

Yeah spot on. Just need to be a bit more patient. The funny thing is - 4 out of 6 players I really wanted have kicked off that they weren't allowed to leave to a bigger club and are now transfer listed by request! The window is closed now!

Non regen related - I wanted Christiansen from Chelsea, he has turned into and utter beast. They wanted 90m. He went mad and is transfer listed by request but the asking price is still 69m! I will try again in January.

Yeah spot on. Just need to be a bit more patient. The funny thing is - 4 out of 6 players I really wanted have kicked off that they weren't allowed to leave to a bigger club and are now transfer listed by request!
See? You've already started something. Don't ease up. Keep going with reasonable offers, whether it's their asking price or not. They may eventually sell for something you're prepared to pay if he's enough of a nuisance.

See? You've already started something. Don't ease up. Keep going with reasonable offers, whether it's their asking price or not. They may eventually sell for something you're prepared to pay if he's enough of a nuisance.

Nice one WJ. Thanks for your tips, never realised repeated bids would make a difference but it does! Will get back on it after work today and get to the January window and try again :)