Year 2022 - Player inflation is crazy!

Nice one WJ. Thanks for your tips, never realised repeated bids would make a difference but it does! Will get back on it after work today and get to the January window and try again :)
Not sure if it does make a difference as we can't see what happens on the other end.

Look at what happens when we're the ones under pressure though. With the first bid already, the player can kick up a fuss and maybe even get teammates involved. Maybe you say okay, you'll sell for a reasonable offer. Another reasonable bid comes in and you know if you don't accept there will be more trouble. The AI has the same issues. While we don't know what's been said on the other side, it wouldn't hurt just to keep the pressure on.

As has been said earlier look in January at players with 6 months left on their contracts. You may not be able to get them signed up straight away but there is always the odd one or two who keep hanging on for a new contract and end up as freebies, I've managed to pick up Lemar from Monaco that way in the 2020-21 season. The good thing with a freebie is if it doesn't work out any transfer fee you get later is a bonus, signed Andy King on a free (he was 32 at the time so not really long term) sold him 6 months later for just under 1million more than he was worth.

How to you set up scouting assignments? Assign to leagues/nation/competition? Age groups etc?

I don't do anything extra or special. I only use the game search feature to search for players.

I normally put conditions for player attributes. eg if i want a striker, i will set the condition that finishing should be 16, Heading 16, Technique 16, Strength 16, etc and the game search feature filters out such players.

If i want a young player that has potential to be world class, i use the condition of age is max 18 etc and scouts opinion of star potential.

Then I scout them until 100% knowledge and then go for the player that is most affordable for me. A few of these players have unreasonable and silly price tags, but some of them have an asking price of under 1M.

If you do this regularly you will be able to find such bargains without much trouble. I don't set up any scouting assignments. My Chief Scout sets up the scouting assignments.

EDIT: The players that are not at Wolves are due to the fact that they didnt want to play in the championship.
EDIT: Sorry for the double sidebars in the screenshots. Guess i messed them up while editing.

Last edited:
to be honest its the way with regens they are always overpriced because of their huge potentials!

but best looking at regens 15-16 year olds scout clubs with good youth system set ups monaco castillas (real madrids b team) i have picked up bargain regens i have the future best right back in the world who i picked up for 7.5m gbp and a centre back who i moulded into my 1st team from south america for 12.5m who is now a 1st teamer so you can get them cheap if you get them young but only point doing it if you are gonna take risks and play them to turn potential into ability

i had to pay200 gbp to bring kevin de bruyne from the blue of manchester to the red and i may have to splash big to lure sanches

try unsettling players if you can declare interest go to watch them in matches bid ridiculously low so the player demands to move

Here's an example of inflation for you below with Kuki which I found actually ridiculous lol. I agree with some other points as well is I look for bargains with the most I've paid on a single transfer is 12 million euros and that's after 8 years in charge of Coventry.

View attachment 89899View attachment 89898

In terms of league games he cost Madrid just under 5 million per game but overall he cost them a very pricely 3 million a game as well.