AngryPanda

Reaction score
Yeovil Town FC
View attachment 323497Hello, my name is AngryPanda and this is my story of Yeovil Town.
A little club in the middle of nowhere...

SHOCKING NEWS: GARY JOHNSON OUT
View attachment 323482

Today Yeovil Town FC have announced a change in management. A spokesperson for the club confirmed the news and reports suggest he had a 'difference with the board' over transfer funds and the clubs financial plan. As of today, a new manager by the name of Karl Dixon has been signed to a season long contract. Transfer funds available to the new manager are not substantial, however we'll be looking into the situation as it develops.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Right, So I'm going to say now that I've already started this story and am into my third season. Please enjoy and remember that leaving comments on who to sign/who to let go will be invalid as I am ahead of the story!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New manager, Karl Dixon, hasn't wasted time in getting reinforcements to Somerset.

Yeovil Town have announced staff signings in Pat Willet as Director of Football and Dave Henderson as the new scout. The club have taken a new direction of having more than a manager for the first time in the clubs history. Perhaps this new management style could lead to potential disaster? Or perhaps a new revelation?

Huish Parks newest recruits!

The board are certainly trusting their new man! With no fewer than 8 signings. 2 young sparks in JJ Hooper and Elikem Amenku which have been immediately loaned to
Alfreton (A non-league feeder club of Yeovil Town)

Yeovil have snapped up the pair into the youth system after their contracts ended at Newcastle and West Brom respectively.

Other players in the door include ex manager Gary Johnson's son.

View attachment 323487

Lee Johnson - Free
View attachment 323488
Alex Pursehouse - Free
View attachment 323489
Mesca (On loan from Fulham)
View attachment 323494
Rory Boulding - Free
View attachment 323496
Oumara Tounkara - Free
Dan Cowan (Picture unavailable) - Free

With players coming and going from Huish Park like no tomorrow, we feel the need to regrettably post the players who have departed from our club... Only for the season however. Miraculously, Yeovil have managed to balance the books of bringing in 8 players and selling no one. 2 players by the name of:

View attachment 323501 Dominic Blizzard
View attachment 323502 Kevin Dawson

Have both managed to secure loan moves away for first team football and experience to Wrexham and Forest Green respectively.

Friendly man...

Karl Dixon has seen as a 'friendly' man, literally! Yeovil have arranged a long preseason with no more than 9 friendlies; ranging from local teams to potential premier league winners Man United and Chelsea reserves.
These are obvious chances to impress the new man and nail down a first team position for most of the squad. It's also a test to see how the players react to the new tactics and testament to the managers ability. Best of luck for the new season approaching.

Friendlies:

v Yeovil Reserves 1-0
Gareth Steward og

v Crystal Palace 2-2
Young, Upson

v PSG reserves 1-1
Burn

v Street 2-0
Burn, Johnson

v Man U reserves 1-0
Foley

v Chelsea Reserves 2-0
Ralph, Davey og

v Chard 4-1
Young, Johnson, Madden, Upson

v Hampton and Redmond 1-0
Foley

v Sherbourne Town 1-1
JJ Hooper
A good preseason for Dixon's boys. And so the season begins...

A tough fixture at home, Stevenage in the Capital cup and then Carlisle away.
Will the preseason form continue? Or will it be a horror appointment for Yeovil?