reubomad

Reaction score
Yes My Liege

liege-map_2083154b.jpg

I'm back. Yes the inconsistent FM15 story maker is back, hopefully more consistent for FM16. Here's hoping! So let's begin without further ado with the Belgian story.

RFC Liege

attachment.php

RFC Liege is a third division Belgian side, founded in 1892. They are arguably one of the most successful Belgian sides of all time, with most of their success coming in the 50s. They last won the Belgium Premiership back in 1953 and last won the Belgian cup back in 1990. They are rivals with their namesake: Standard Liege.

I decided on Liege because it's obvious they're a fallen giant, I was going to manage another Belgian fallen giant in Antwerp (watch this space) but in the end Liege persuaded me with their terrible downfall and deep history. I hope you will enjoy, with a different league. Pre-season, tactics, transfers and other shenanigans next...

Sorry for short update guys, very tired.

Last edited:
never seen a belgian save before are they good?
Liege are languishing in the depths of the Belgium Third division so they aren't great but they look like a good side for the league.

If you're talking about Belgium clubs in general I think they're very good (saves in Belgium) as they're very strong sides but don't do well in European competitions. I'm English but I found my Belgian save with Royal Antwerp from FM15 was one of my best ever Football manager saves.

Last edited:
Liege are languishing in the depths of the Belgium Second division so they aren't great but they look like a good side for the league.

If you're talking about Belgium clubs in general I think they're very good (saves in Belgium) as they're very strong sides but don't do well in European competitions. I'm English but I found my Belgian save with Royal Antwerp from FM15 was one of my best ever Football manager saves.
ok may try it out when the game is released

Yes My Liege

attachment.php

Welcome back to my Liege story. This update is all about pre-season, tactics and transfers

Meet the Players

058c94edc09443e4408d2c01e4dcddfa.png

Let's start from the back.

In goal we have 28 year old Nicolas Pire, who my scouts say is a good player for this league. He will be my starter.

My back four contain alot of experience. Masset is a new signing, but not by me, he is my tallest defender and I'll rely on him to spearhead my corners. The other three Vandebon, Audoor and Winandts are in the later stages of their career, but then again like goalkeepers, the older they get, the better they get... usually.

As my Half-Back I have Sergio Teurel, a natural right back who is a very capable as a defensive midfielder, at 23 he has room to grow aswell. As my Deep Lying Playmaker I have the best player in the team in Julien Charlier, 27 years of age and a excellent midfielder for this league who is also the captain. Along side him we have the veteran vice captain Jean-Sebastien Legros, 33 years of age and still a quality centre mid who will play as the box to box midfielder.

On the left wing we have my first signing of the window Amine Aribi, 26 and a free agent. Looks like a quality winger for this league which is unusual as he's been out the game for a year, he's going to be playing as the inside forward for me in this tactic. On the right we have veteran winger Francois Henke, a 33 year old winger who still has some good metals and physicals and he defiantly can still do the job.

Up front we have Anthony Lorenzon, the 27 year old has a big ego but he can finish and do the job. He thinks he's too good for the league but we'll just have to deal with that hopefully get promoted...

Transfers

bd54f07f9612653fc718718343a3860c.png

All free but that's to be expected when you have a transfer budget of 30K. I've already explained Aribi but not the rest.

Amick Ciani is a 32 year old experienced striker from France, his career contains a spell at St Mirren in the Scottish Premiership and Eupen in the Belgian Second Division. So he is great backup for, though he's not the most prolific striker, he can be relied upon to hold up play.

f16ef332846c53ba9f6a0f991b3f5b99.png

Brian Gielen is a 18 year old goalkeeper, who was released by Westerlo (a Belgian Premiership side) at the end of last season. I knew about him before this save as I had a Westerlo Fifa save and Gielen was a star at 53 rated. So I was inclined to take a gamble on him, and to be honest he is a very good young goalkeeper.

5ed174cc4337555bd67a15ce315f9d56.png

Samy Benson is a player who I gave a trial to and he wasn't great but like with Gielen I took a gamble on him because his stats make him look decent, he's a international for Liberia at 20 and he was in Waasland-Beveren's (a Belgian Premiership side) youth academy so I can't go really wrong. His physicals are very decent.

47e34ec0d84fc6f85ecf311118b660ae.png

Pre-Season

fd63655a31a4f18ee8690e354204ea76.png

It doesn't look great but I left my assistant in control of all of them. So blame him. It gave my players some match fitness/sharpness so I cant really complain.

Next update: 1st month in control

Jonathan Mavacala - Striker/Winger

6b5cff31316db9ab75632258a3e654d1.png

Another signing in Mavacala, he is 19 years old and has already gone through the Genk and Mechelen academies (both premiership clubs) and now he can be a very decent striker/winger for us. I'm training him to be a inside forward on the right, as we really lack quality wingers.

ce613dddadceb77bd8f4b96984c8ea1a.png

Liege VS RWDM

0-1 (L)

190b561ce4ab68a2ce18b4d68aa05c0f.png

Not the start I wanted. I actually played this game and won it 1-0 but my computer shut down courtesy of the Blue Screen of Death, after I fixed the error I played this game and lost. Unfortunate. Koulilbaly the scorer, with a clinical header on the 33rd minute which totally bypassed our centre backs. Not only were we knocked out the cup by lower league opposition Aribi our new signing was injured, and will be out for 4-5 months with an damaged Achilles Tendon.

3f3470a9ab263465d3aef9245b34ea71.png

Last edited:
Liege Vs Ciney

1-1 (D)

89b9bc2a24780be91c86cd714c420505.png

A drab match with two pros and too many cons. On the fourteenth minute our left back Vandebon came off injured, so after I changed the tactic a bit and moved the multi-tasking players around, I brought on Mavacala. Two minutes later he scores... Unbelievable Jeff! We looked in control but we were not clinical and just before half time they equalised. The less said about the second half the better. Dull. Luckily Vandebon unlike Aribi is only out for a short amount of time (14 days).

2ee73c07d3547c0f3847bd4f07717f3f.png

Change Of Tactic

79455c57965bc3bd452da622d769bfd5.png

After the draw and loss I decided a change was in order. So I made a 4-5-1 or as the game calls it the 4-1-1-4. It is similar to a a tactic I used in FM15 and that worked so I'm hoping for a similar performance here. An instant performance mind you.

Liege VS Walhain

2-0 (W)

996b42e52d05de83c6c70c9f0709c128.png

Well we got the instant impact. The false nine in this tactic worked like a treat with Anthony Lorenzon grabbing two goals, and giving us our first win of the season (insert canned applause here). The whole team played well here and Lorenzon perhaps unsurprisingly got man of the match, which is good as before this match Lorenzon didn't know where the goal was. Though like every game so far we got a... Injury! Yep just when Lorenzon looked like he was going to grab a hat-trick, he gets injured... for 9-11 days. Phew!

861d9d7b34bdb00e94fb44063489aef2.png

Liege VS Tiernen

2-1 (W)

29b866f0ea40620e64f4fe33044998e0.png

And there it is, we are now first in the league. This tactic has worked like a treat. I admit this was a harder game than the last but we had 16 ****** shots and we dominated possession, I was relying on us getting the goal to win the game. The strange thing about this game is that we came from behind with Mavacala getting the equaliser two minutes after they got in front. Meunier got the winner and unbelievably our full back Arnaud Winandts set up both goals.

Perhaps unsurprisingly now we got... you guessed it another injury, we really like getting injured. Maybe it's a curse, after all Halloween was yesterday. Annoyingly it was one of our goal scorers Mavacala who got injured. **** it! For 4-5 weeks as well, really FM Gods!

d7e70b00494e832f74505e5c2a9ce60a.png

Glad to see that the new tactic is working well, too bad about the injuries though. I have also been getting plenty of them in my save so expect to see some more...