(Yet) Another Manchester United Story

I'm planning on posting simple updates, next one coming up soon

Manchester United

Man%20Utd%20Logo.jpg

DECEMBER 2012

Premier League
Fulham 1-3 Man Utd
Kagawa 36, Vidic 47,90+1

Another routine win, unfortunately Tottenham are grinding out results as well.

Champions League Group H
Man Utd 1-1 Olympiacos
Smalling 76, Scholes inj. 14, Jones inj. 90+4

We should have won, because there was a clear foul in the buildup to Olympiacos' equaliser.
I'm not bothered because we secured top spot

Champions League Round of 16
Draw
View attachment 323841

It should be easy enough to beat Porto over 2 legs, having bought their best player from them
XD

Premier League
Southampton 0-1 Man Utd
Evra 35

We should have won this by a bigger margin, but I will take a win anyday

Premier League
Sunderland 2-1 Man Utd
Rooney 50, Fletcher sent off 85

I'm absolutely gutted, because Fletcher's dismissal allowed Sunderland to take control of midfield and score the winner, we would've got a point otherwise.

Premier League
Man Utd 3-0 Tottenham
Rooney 24,60 Kagawa 47

One of the biggest games of the season, and we came out on top. Tottenham didn't stand a chance.

Premier League
Man Utd 3-0 QPR
Hernandez 32, Giggs 76, Smalling 85, Evans inj. 83

Giggs continues his scoring record in the Premier League

Premier League
West Ham 1-3 Man Utd
Smalling 1, Rafael 35,56

Amazing performance for Rafael to keep up the lead at the top of the table

Premier League
Man Utd 4-0 Wigan
Giggs 2, Vidic 16, Rooney pen. 45+1, Valencia 82

Great win against weak opposition
oO)

Premier League Table

View attachment 323842

We could extend our lead by beating Liverpool who are next up, but it's not going to be an easy month, with games against Chelsea and Arsenal as well

Man Utd Player of the Month

View attachment 323843

Great month for the Serbian, he was essential in maintaining the scoreline when we took a lead
Excellent captain as well.

What do you think of the new layout, guys? Let me know in the comments.

MANCHESTER UNITED

Man%20Utd%20Logo.jpg

JANUARY 2013

Premier League
Liverpool 1-1 Man Utd
Kagawa 90+3

That equaliser couldn't have come at a better time! Really baffling though, both teams played really badly.

FA Cup 3rd Round
Ipswich 2-1 Man Utd
Vidic 43, Ferdinand inj. 38

Embarassing loss, and the chance to win a trophy goes down the drain.

Premier League
Man Utd 3-0 Newcastle
Rooney 15, pen.62, 85

Brilliant hattrick from Rooney to prevent 3 consecutive defeats.

Premier League
West Brom 1-0 Man Utd

Gutted! Jonas Olsson did brilliantly to stop our attack, he's currently the best player in the league (in terms of rating)!

Premier League
Man Utd 3-0 Chelsea
van Persie (20), Young (29), Smalling (53)

Great comeback victory, what a performance from van Persie.
Extended our lead at the top, Cole get sent off as well XD

Premier League
Arsenal 0-2 Man Utd
van Persie 45+3, inj. 54, Valencia 73, de Gea inj. 17

Great win, but Arsenal played dirty, and now de Gea's out for 2 months with a hip injury.
:mad:
Lindegaard's got to be the difference in our Champions League campaign.

Premier League Table
View attachment 323869

We've got a 9 point lead at the top, but Chelsea have a game in hand, and it could change very easily.

Transfer Summary

In:

Radamel Falcao - Striker - At. Madrid - £25,000,000

View attachment 323870

I got him for so low because he was listed by request, otherwise Madrid might have demanded more than £50,000,000.

Manchester United Player of the Month
View attachment 323871

Smalling filled in for Vidic a lot, and he's been amazing.

How come you changed your writing style? I dont mind but its almost exactly how i write my stories with the same font and even the whole top bit with the name of club club badge then month etc, thought for a minute i had clicked onto my old Man Utd story?

Last edited:
How come you changed your writing style? I dont mind but its almost exactly how i write my stories with the same font and even the whole top bit with the name of club club badge then month etc, thought for a minute i had clicked onto my old Man Utd story?

Sorry man, I liked your style of writing, so I decided to follow it, mine didn't seem that good.

Manchester United

Man%20Utd%20Logo.jpg

FEBRUARY 2013

Premier League
Man Utd 0-2 Stoke
Fletcher sent off 45+2

Oh No!! Stoke have beaten us twice, and convincingly. Fletcher was booked twice in stoppage time, and this team seems to be losing discipline.

Premier League
Norwich 1-2 Man Utd
Ruddy o.g. 5, Rooney pen. 86

Nothing much to say, although with de Gea out for 2 months, I'm not too confident of our Champions League chances....

Champions League Rd. of 16
Porto 2-1 Man Utd
Valencia 12

And I guess that's why. Lindegaard played horribly. Atleast he took the warning I gave him after seriously.

Premier League
Reading 1-3 Man Utd
Mariappa o.g. 13, Rooney pen. 37, Falcao 90

Falcao's first goal for the club, and it was a good one as well.

Premier League Table
View attachment 323886

With the team out of both domestic cups, the league is the only thing keeping us going. That and the fact that we're still in with a shout in Europe.

View attachment 323887

It was a poor month in general, and we salvaged something only because of the legend that is Vidic. He and Olsson are fighting to the finish to be the best player in the league right now.

It's a good start, keep it up pal. Preferred the original layout by the way but its probably harder to maintain I guess!

It's a good start, keep it up pal. Preferred the original layout by the way but its probably harder to maintain I guess!

Yeah, it took at least half an hour to write, format and edit the old updates. It seemed like too much time. Glad you like the story!

MANCHESTER UNITED

Man%20Utd%20Logo.jpg

March 2013

Premier League
Man Utd 1-0 Swansea
Jones 8

I should have won by a bigger margin, but given that the match against Porto was coming up, I decided to rest my key players, so I can't complain, because that was the best decision ever!

Champions League Rd. of 16 2nd leg
Man Utd 3-1 (a.e.t) Porto
Smalling 78, Falcao 87, Kagawa 105+1

Amazing result, and a nail-biting finish because Jackson Martinez scored with the last touch of the ball in normal time.

Champions League Quarter Final Draw
View attachment 324110

We've been handed the easiest of games, but we have to be careful of Yarmolenko.

Premier League
Man Utd 1-1 Everton
Kagawa 68

A really poor game in truth, and we were lucky to come away with anything.

Premier League
Man City 1-1 Man Utd
Rooney 87

I'm not happy, because Falcao missed a sitter at the last minute, and Chelsea have capitalised on our errors to move within a point of us.

Premier League Table
View attachment 324111

We have to be careful becuase Chelsea are lurking in the shadows. Luckily, of the top 6, we only have to face Tottenham.

View attachment 324112

No one has been as consistent or amazing in defence as Vidic. Luckily, de Gea is back in April, so I'm confident we can maintain our lead.

MANCHESTER UNITED

MARCH 2013 Youth Intake

Man%20Utd%20Logo.jpg

Total Count: 14

Best Prospects

Jack Watts - D(C) - Wigan
View attachment 324150

Andrew Roberts - D(C) - Macclesfield
View attachment 324151

Watts and Roberts have great potential, and with the right training, they can become my future CB pairing.

Daniel - AM(L) - Rio de Janeiro
View attachment 324152
*Brazilian and English nationality - interesting*

I also have a newgen (not that good) who supports both United and City???!

MANCHESTER UNITED

Man%20Utd%20Logo.jpg

APRIL 2013

Champions League Qtr Final 1st Leg
Dynamo Kyiv 2-1 Man Utd
Kagawa 77

Identical result to the rd. of 16, which means that I've got a lot of work on to save this tie. I'm surprised that Kiev made it all the way to the Quarter Final!

Premier League
Aston Villa 0-0 Man Utd

Now, I'm concerned because Chelsea are catching up fast at the top.

Champions League Qtr Final 2nd Leg
Man Utd 2-0 Dynamo Kyiv
Rooney 79,82

Rooney's quickfire double saves the day!

Champions League Semi-Final Draw

View attachment 324296

Reaching the final should be a piece of cake!
Arsenal made the semis with an amazing comeback against Barcelona!

Premier League
Man Utd 4-0 Sunderland
Rodriguez 3, Carrick 34, Nani pen. 58, Giggs 83

:D Back to form....

Premier League
Man Utd 0-0 Fulham
Rooney sent off 84

...or not :( (Rooney was sent off for diving)

Champions League Semi Final 1st Leg
Lille 0-4 Man Utd
Vidic 26, Valencia 59, Mavuba o.g. 76, Kagawa 89

Comfortable win for us, and we should cruise into the final.
Apparently, this was our first away win in 2 months! And I haven't lost at home yet!

Premier League
Tottenham 1-0 Man Utd

The narrowest of wins for Spurs, which unfortunately allowed Chelsea to catch up.

Premier League Table
View attachment 324299

The only keeping us top of the table is our vastly superior goal difference. Could it be a repeat of last season??
(I hope not, we've got West Ham last, and I've never really been good against them)

View attachment 324300

I would have given it to Vidic again, but de Gea's only conceded once in 5 games since his return from injury.

Last edited:

MANCHESTER UNITED

Man%20Utd%20Logo.jpg

BREAKING NEWS

Wallace signs new contract

Duncan Wallace has committed his future to the club after putting pen to paper on a 5-year-contract.
Wallace will be on a wage of 74000 p/w.

Managing Director David Gill handled the negotiations.

Last edited:

MANCHESTER UNITED

Man%20Utd%20Logo.jpg

MAY 2013

Champions League Semi Final 2nd leg
Man Utd 1-3 Lille
Rodriguez 73

Lille fought back very well but Rodriguez goal put them out of contention.
We now play Bayern in the final!

Premier League
Man Utd 3-0 Southampton
Valencia 20,44, Vidic 67

Comfortable win for us but Chelsea are still keeping up. We got the Saints relegated oO)

Premier League
Man Utd 2-0 West Ham
Valencia 26, Rooney pen. 66

Valencia continues his run of form, but the title race is too close to call.

Premier League Table - Matchday 37
View attachment 324588

It might have happened last season, but what were the odds of history repeating itself? The current leaders (us), are playing QPR! If they get someone sent off, take the lead and then, we make a comeback in the last 5 minutes, then that would be epic!!!

Champions League Final
View attachment 324589

Just so you know, I will do more detailed updates on the last 2, most important games of the season.
I was planning on doing live updates but I might not have the time for that.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Please feel free to leave your comments, guys.

MANCHESTER UNITED

Man%20Utd%20Logo.jpg

Q.P.R. vs Manchester United
Sunday, 19th May 2013
K.O. 15:00

Weather: Dry, 18 °C
Referee: Neil Swarbrick
Attendance: 18,439

Logo-QPR.png
Man%20Utd%20Logo.jpg

View attachment 324922

Welcome to Loftus Road, to what is undoubtedly the most important game of the season. Manchester United know that a win here will give them a 20th league title, but they also know that Q.P.R will not go down easily, as they fight for survival in the Premier League.

The Rangers' efforts could be in vain though, because if Reading don't lose to Wigan, the Royals are staying up regardless of the result.

Another important match to follow will be Chelsea's trip to Craven Cottage. Chelsea are level on points with United, although their goal difference of +31 pales in comparison to United's +49.

On to the match, then.

We will also be bringing you live updates from Craven Cottage and the Madjeski.

-------------------------------------------

Craven Cottage: 2 min: The first booking of the match for Urby Emmanuelson for his sloppy sliding challenge on Azpilicueta.

Loftus Road: 3 min: Phil Jones receives a yellow card for his challenge on Jermaine Jenas.

Loftus Road: 13 min: Valencia plays the ball forward to Rafael, who's fouled by Granero. Rooney steps up to take the free-kick. Distance from goal is 20 yards. Short run-up, and..........
GOAL!!! Rooney has dispatched the free-kick, and United have the lead. This is a great start for the title favourites, and it looks like the R's are going down.

Craven Cottage: 19 min: Mladen Petric leaves the field injured, to be replaced by Hugo Rodallega.

Loftus Road: 20 min: Jenas receives his side's first yellow card for a challenge on Valencia.

The Madjeski: 20 min: Beausejour passes first time to Ben Watson, who plays a wonderful ball through to Arouna Kone who.......scores! GOAL!!!!!!!!!! Reading 0-1 Wigan!

Loftus Road: 31 min: Bosingwa was tripped there, yellow card to Patrice Evra, no doubt about it.

Craven Cottage: 36 min: Senderos has to leave the game with an injury, to be replaced by Aaron Hughes.

The Madjeski: 42 min: Hope Akpan replaces the injured Noel Hunt.

Loftus Road: 45 min: 1 minute of added time to be played, although I suspect it could be more than that, as Jones clattered Jenas for a second time. Swarbrick reaches for his pocket, and....
JONES HAS BEEN SENT OFF!!!!! Phil Jones's second yellow and United are left with ten men on the pitch.

Loftus Road: 45+2 min: Poli comes on for James Rodriguez as United look to retain control of the midfield.

Loftus Road: 45+3 min: Vidic was forced to concede a corner, to be taken by Esteban Granero. Samba beats Michael Carrick in the air, and....
GOAL TO Q.P.R.!!!! Samba with a powerful header, and de Gea had no chance of saving that.

Half-Time Report: Q.P.R 1 (Samba 45+3) Manchester United 1 (Rooney 13, Jones sent off 45)
Rooney gave United the lead early on, but Jones's red card and Samba's equaliser have put this match firmly in the balance.

Elsewhere:
Fulham 0-0 Chelsea
Reading 0-1 Wigan (Kone 20)

Craven Cottage: 48 min: Ashley Cole with a yellow card, silly challenge.

The Madjeski: 54 min: Leigertwood slid in on Ben Watson, and the yellow card comes out.

The Madjeski: 56 min: Antolin Alcaraz replaced by James McCarthy.

The Madjeski: 62 min: Hope Akpan receive a yellow, indirect freekick to Wigan.

The Madjeski: 64 min: Alex Pearce sees yellow for a challenge on Kone.

Loftus Road: 65 min: Granero whips the free-kick into the box, but Smalling with a headed clearance.... Poli pushes Yttegard Jensen...and yes, IT'S A PENALTY TO QPR!!!!!

Zamora steps up to the spot....... de Gea trying to put him off, dives to his left..........and IT'S SAVED!!!!!
De Gea makes a wonderful save to keep his team in the game!!

Craven Cottage: 67 min: Davies on for Damien Duff.

Loftus Road: 68 min: Ashley Young comes on in place of Kagawa.

Loftus Road: 70 min: Q.P.R make a change: Taraabt on for Jenas.

Craven Cottage: 73 min: Fernando Torres to be replaced by Demba Ba.

Craven Cottage: 79 min: Dimitar Berbatov finds himself onside and through on goal.......and GOAL!!!!!!!!
Dimitar Berbatov has handed his former employers a huge lifeline, and Chelsea's chances are not looking so good at present.

Loftus Road: 80 min: Vidic comes off for no. 5, Rio Ferdinand.

Loftus Road: 82 min: Yellow card for Chris Smalling.

The Madjeski: 84 min: Alan Tate shakes the hand of Beausejour, who comes off.

Loftus Road: 85 min: Armand Traore comes on in place of Luke Young.

The Madjeski: 89 min: Jem Karacan trips Ben Watson, and is cautioned.

Loftus Road: 90+2 min: Valencia hits a long ball ahead of Wayne Rooney, this could be the last chance of not just the game, but the entire season. Rooney beats M'Bia in the air, latches on to the ball, and fires it in........GOAL!!!! In off the frame of the goal, and it's Rooney's second of the night, which means that......

MANCHESTER UNITED HAVE WON THE TITLE!!!!!!!!!!

Great scenes in the red half of Manchester, the red half of the entire world, for that matter.
Manager Duncan Wallace has asked celebrations to be kept to a minimum, in preparation for the big night that is a week away. Catch you then!!!

Wayne-Rooney-celebrates-p-008.jpg

Full-time report: QPR 1 (Samba 45+3) lost to Manchester United 2 (Rooney 13,90+2, Jones sent off 45)

FINAL LEAGUE TABLE

View attachment 324923

Let me know what you think of this guys, I've planned to more detailed updates for important games.

MANCHESTER UNITED

Man%20Utd%20Logo.jpg

Champions League Final
Manchester United vs FC Bayern Munich

Saturday, 25th May 2013
K.O. 19:45

Weather: Dry, 13
°C

Referee: Firat Aydinus
Attendance: 90,000

Welcome to London. We're at the new Wembley where two European heavyweights, Manchester United and Bayern Munich face off in the UEFA Champions League final. Bayern will be looking to match Liverpool's European record while United will be hoping they can take one step closer to becoming the best British outfit in Europe.

And Firat Aydinus starts the game.....

4 min: Kagawa takes the free kick from inside his own half, Smalling receives the ball, and plays a long ball forward to Rooney, who gets his head to the ball, and...........GOAL!!!! Neuer left stranded in no man's land as he rushes out, and Rooney gets the ball over the 'keeper's outstretched arms!!!! United draw first blood!!!

Half-time report: Other than the early goal, it's been a drab match so far. Bayern have wasted their chances, wary of United's counter-attack. Nemanja Vidic had his attempt at goal saved by the post, and neither 'keeper has had much to do.

53 min: First yellow of the night to Phil Jones for a trip on Javi Martinez.

59 min: Schweinsteiger upends Evra, and is shown a yellow card for that.

65 min: United bring on a substitute: Cleverly on for Jones.

76 min: van Persie comes on for Rodriguez. Heynckes cannot do anything but slowly watch his team losing it.

88 min: Ferdinand comes on for Smalling as United attempt to see off the game. Pizzaro replaces Mandzukic.

90 min: Ribery with the ball....swings it in....Rafael away. Martinez regains possession......and shoots.......deflected and falls at the feet of Pizzaro...........shoots..................OFFSIDE!!!!!! Vidic and Ferdinand playing the perfect trap, and the scoreline remains 1-0. 4 minutes of time added on.

90+4 min: Cleverley takes the throw in....it's all over!

MANCHESTER UNITED HAVE WON THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!

mjs104-130-2013-200714-high-jpg.jpg

OVERVIEW
View attachment 324931

Fans are singing praises of manager Duncan Wallace and forward Wayne Rooney after they lead the team to a league and cup double.