Igneos79

Banned
Reaction score
So, when I googled tiki taka, it said one interesting thing. "Tiki taka is neither a defensive or offensive tactic. The team is always in possession, and there is no need to switch between the two". So I started thinking about standard strategy in fm. It is right in the middle and exactly what I'm looking for. So I chose standard. The thing about standard strategy is that is right down by the middle, and I needed to implement pressing for the best possession. So I chose a 4-5-1 formation, as when using a DM, the slider lowers, and with play narrow shout, the width is exactly narrow. When not using an AMC, the play narrow shout keeps passing focus to mixed, and with amc, it is through the middle.

This is what I used first:

Notice I am using two stoppers. I thought about my formation being narrow, and that means I will probably concede most goals from crosses, so to counter any possible crosses, two CB's with stopper duties are used, as they are best with dealing with aerial threats. Width is narrow, so the opponent shouldn't be able to pass through the middle. My anchor man will deal with any inside forwards, and stoppers will take care of the wingers crosses. I also chose two inside forwards for attack. I was doing great until I came upon a team that used an anchor man.

So I switched to this:

The winger should help in adding variety to my attack in case the opponent has an anchor man. But it soon turned out I don't have the players for this, and most players in the game (and in RL prolly) are wingers on the right, and inside forwards on the left.

So I switched to this:

I was thrashing everything in my path until I came upon Manchester City. They used three AMC's and pulled my defence and killed me. So I realised I should add another player to screen the defence.

So I switched to this:

By using two DM's I made sure teams have a really hard time breaking my defence. I was now using an AMC which means passing focus is now through the middle. To exploit that fact, I used a Trequarista, as he operates best when passing is through the middle, he is recommended for short passing games to unlock defences, even despite his lack of closing down. But that also meant I need to use support roles for my wide players. Winger support doesn't hug touchline, and I had an AMC to occupy oppositions anchor man, so I went with two inside forwards. Their primary stat was long shots, so I no longer used the work ball into box shout.

These are the final shouts used:

I have ticked all the checkboxes after using shouts, so you do not need to or can use any yourself, just import the tactic and play. About everything else, opposition instructions, training etc, use as you think you should, or leave to assistant or whatever, the tactic should work fine regardless.

So in theory, this tactic should score goals, keep possession and concede very few, if any, goals. I'll prolly test is some more in the future and post results, but for now let's consider this a theory only. If you are willing to test it, I'd be gratefull. Please post your results here.

Download link:

Drkica.tac

What kind of teams suit this tactic? thinking having a go with heerenveen in holland.. can that work?

What kind of teams suit this tactic? thinking having a go with heerenveen in holland.. can that work?

doubtfully any team would suit this match engine....standard strategy doesn't offer enough width for the tactic to be effective so I gave it up in the end. Standard can be used with narrow width and direct passing though