YNWA Bastion of Invincibility v3

Stewey

Reaction score
(Right guys going to try this one more time as last time the post didn't work properly so here it goes)

So after a self imposed exile of FM Base and Football Manager i'm back my last tactic i uploaded was for FM13 and was the YNWA Wide tactic series and this tactic is a kind of evolution of that tactic but for FM15 so for those of you who have tried it already and those of you reading this for first time hope you enjoy the tactic and any questions or feedback are welcome and will always be answered so enough of the intro and lets get deep into the tactic.

YNWA Bastion of Invincibility

So before getting into the philosophy and the thinking of the tactic i'm just going to state i don't know if this is a plug and play tactic as i have only had one save game and that save game was used to develop this tactic but if you stick with it you'll find yourself comfortably destroying teams and creating your own legacy with your club if you stick at it and get the team comfortable with what is needed you'll see the difference in your team.

Just to illustrate the potential of this tactic at the time of writing this is what the team has achieved of a 3 and half season timeline:

English Premiership League 2015, 2016, 2017
English Community Shield 2016, 2017
English FA Cup 2015, 2016, 2017
Capital One Cup 2015, 2016
UEFA Champions League 2015
European Super Cup 2015
Club World Championship 2015

1 season undefeated (including a 58 unbeaten run)
most team points recorded in league

Aim of Tactic.

#Be in control of matches
# Pass & move based play (higher possession % than opposition but not tiki taka obsession)
# No need for separate tactic for away days
# Set style so players can be sold in prime and replaced by younger talent and doesn't affect results and carry on dominance

# Passing with purpose and not just passing trying to imitate a tiki taka style
# Provide plenty of scoring chances be it CCC, half chances etc as long as we're trying to win the game

Philosophy of Tactic.

The philosophy of this tactic is basically a pass and move based attacking tactic that focuses on passing and creating space through the passing and movement will disrupt the opp team, young players can come into the squad and not be the weak link, can be used right through the season no need to change depending on home or away, can score goals and be pleasing on the eye.

Players like the passing can be recycled when a player gets to a certain age (personally once a player hits 27 he gets sold to take advantage of him being in his prime and in a successful team and giving the replacement plenty of time to develop) once sold for profit a younger player can slot in for a fraction of the price so ​in a nutshell it is my hybrid of pass and move meets moneyball.

It is a pass & move based tactic it is not a Barcelona style tiki-taka tactic rather a hybrid of tiki-taka and pass and move of the Liverpool gold days it isn't about how many passes my players make but about using the ball to create chances and being in control as much as possible.

once the foundations has been set on the standard tactic development will begin on a way of reserving energy and controlling the game without tiring out the players so once the game is in the bag the tactic will be switched to a tactic that will kill the game if you like the game will end with "death by football"

Use of tactics

just to restate....

The main tactic is YNWA v5 Standard
Tactic used once match is won YNWA Death by Football v6

like stated earlier all questions will be welcome and answered and all feedback on how it's going on your save are welcome, cheers guys looking forward to hearing from you.

View attachment 223926View attachment 223925View attachment 223924View attachment 223923View attachment 223922View attachment 223921View attachment 223920View attachment 223919View attachment 223918View attachment 223917View attachment 223916View attachment 223915View attachment 223914

View attachment 223913
View attachment 223912

Last edited:
(Right guys going to try this one more time as last time the post didn't work properly so here it goes)

So after a self imposed exile of FM Base and Football Manager i'm back my last tactic i uploaded was for FM13 and was the YNWA Wide tactic series and this tactic is a kind of evolution of that tactic but for FM15 so for those of you who have tried it already and those of you reading this for first time hope you enjoy the tactic and any questions or feedback are welcome and will always be answered so enough of the intro and lets get deep into the tactic.

YNWA Bastion of Invincibility

So before getting into the philosophy and the thinking of the tactic i'm just going to state i don't know if this is a plug and play tactic as i have only had one save game and that save game was used to develop this tactic but if you stick with it you'll find yourself comfortably destroying teams and creating your own legacy with your club if you stick at it and get the team comfortable with what is needed you'll see the difference in your team.

Just to illustrate the potential of this tactic at the time of writing this is what the team has achieved of a 3 and half season timeline:

English Premiership League 2015, 2016, 2017
English Community Shield 2016, 2017
English FA Cup 2015, 2016, 2017
Capital One Cup 2015, 2016
UEFA Champions League 2015
European Super Cup 2015
Club World Championship 2015

1 season undefeated (including a 58 unbeaten run)
most team points recorded in league

Aim of Tactic.

#Be in control of matches
# Pass & move based play (higher possession % than opposition but not tiki taka obsession)
# No need for separate tactic for away days
# Set style so players can be sold in prime and replaced by younger talent and doesn't affect results and carry on dominance

# Passing with purpose and not just passing trying to imitate a tiki taka style
# Provide plenty of scoring chances be it CCC, half chances etc as long as we're trying to win the game

Philosophy of Tactic.

The philosophy of this tactic is basically a pass and move based attacking tactic that focuses on passing and creating space through the passing and movement will disrupt the opp team, young players can come into the squad and not be the weak link, can be used right through the season no need to change depending on home or away, can score goals and be pleasing on the eye.

Players like the passing can be recycled when a player gets to a certain age (personally once a player hits 27 he gets sold to take advantage of him being in his prime and in a successful team and giving the replacement plenty of time to develop) once sold for profit a younger player can slot in for a fraction of the price so ​in a nutshell it is my hybrid of pass and move meets moneyball.

It is a pass & move based tactic it is not a Barcelona style tiki-taka tactic rather a hybrid of tiki-taka and pass and move of the Liverpool gold days it isn't about how many passes my players make but about using the ball to create chances and being in control as much as possible.

once the foundations has been set on the standard tactic development will begin on a way of reserving energy and controlling the game without tiring out the players so once the game is in the bag the tactic will be switched to a tactic that will kill the game if you like the game will end with "death by football"

Use of tactics

just to restate....

The main tactic is YNWA v5 Standard
Tactic used once match is won YNWA Death by Football v6

like stated earlier all questions will be welcome and answered and all feedback on how it's going on your save are welcome, cheers guys looking forward to hearing from you.

View attachment 955031View attachment 955034View attachment 955037View attachment 955040View attachment 955043View attachment 955046View attachment 955049View attachment 955052View attachment 955055View attachment 955058View attachment 955061View attachment 955064View attachment 955067

View attachment 955070
View attachment 955073

looking good, great mate
o.png

It does mate but not a lot as it's main focus and instructions are keeping the ball which is why it's used to kill of games

Cheers mate, have you used it and if so how's it worked so far?

So even if I'm massive underdogs it's no good starting with.

I am am enjoying it though at the moment, plays some good stuff

You can try it but it was designed to be a energy saver and match killer also because I developed it with Liverpool I'm now going into matches as favourites so can try it as I wouldn't know how it works when played with the underdog teams interested to find out though so see how it works and let me know.

Cheers mate, has their been an improvement of form and chances created and goals conceded?

It'***** and miss.im playing on lfcmarshalls update and it plays good stuff. Lots of chances, but always concede. I will give it time though

I think this post should be moved to "share-download" it will probably get you more feedback/testers from there.

Think that might just while the players adapt mate, constantly having one of the best defenses in the league so think it's just a give them time to get use to it then you'll be sound

I'm happy with the tactic mate just out of curiosity really how the tactic gets on with other people's save but might upload it there aswell in my head when you need testers is when you're still ironing out tweaks in a tactic till you're happy

It does mate but not a lot as it's main focus and instructions are keeping the ball which is why it's used to kill of games

Hi there, when you say kill off games. Do you mean change to this in the last 10 mins or when 2-0 up? Or earlier.

Thanks

It's completely upto yourself as the manager if you feel like you can get a bigger score then keep with the standard tactic for longer, if you feel the match is safely won then switch or if you think you've just edged it and there's 10 odd mins left then switch if you want but it's not a defensive tatic so if your 1-0 up against a big team and you feel like they will score the tactic won't make your team "Park the bus" hope that helps mate

Been trying this with Newcastle over a good few games. Actually managed to beat City 2-0 but away from home i never win. Actually looking at my home record against any of the big sides apart from the one City result, i have lost. I like the look of this tactic, but not working out for me so far!

hi matey,
what's your training setup for this tactic?
preseason and through season ?
what about oi's ?

Possible to get screenies of the league table and player stats? Cheers mate, looks a very promising tactic.