York City: From Minstermen to Mighty Men

SoulCraft

Reaction score
York City: From Minstermen to Mighty Men!

Hello there, this story is about bringing minnows York City to the Premier league and the Champions League.

This is my first story so don't expect it to be fantastic.

The goals of this story are:
-Avoid relegation to the Blue Square Bet Premier
-Move up the English leagues
-Reach the Premier League
-Along the way, try and make a home grown team to save money
-Try and reach Europa League (and win)

-And the biggest goal of all, win the Champions League

These goals are going to be long and tough, but rewarding in the end.

The goals in red are optional and don't need to be completed, but I'd like to try and do them anyway.

So that's what I want York to become, a force to be reckoned with in England and in Europe.

Season 1: August to November

View attachment 453365
So, only four players in as finances was tight. I bought Rob Lainton and Ross Atkins so that I could fix the lack of good goalkeepers at York. Elikem Amenku was a player at a trial match who was recommended by scouts and was amazing in the match as well. Pretty good for a seventeen y/o. Liam Dickinson is a decent striker who I bought to use in the tactics I use.

I use JP Woodys Understanding the Odds tactics. I would link to the thread, but it seems to be gone now.

View attachment 453361
So, a decent beginning to the story. Being knocked out in the Capital One Cup and JP Trophy was sad, but in the league, after 17 games, being seventh is very good for a team like York. Some games where I drew and lost our finishing was appalling. The FA Cup match was the worst showing ever and we were lucky to draw. Platt equalized in injury time, but to be honest we didn't deserve to draw.

Well, its only early days. Hopefully I can stay in the playoff places and attempt making it to League One.