Reaction score
Does anybody know the situation in game regarding a potential new stadium for York? I know in last year's game they had one being built, but there is nothing listed in the facilities screen this year, I presumed due to real life complications it had been cancelled. However in the first season with them I've just been onto the board screen for something unrelated and I noticed that there's no stadium option when making a board request, so I'm confused now.

Could anyone who has played further into a save with them tell me what happened regarding a stadium? Or if anyone else knows I'd appreciate the info :)

Because no date/plans have been fully announced yet. Last season they said it would begin the following season but there was an issue with the funding so took a step back. They have now arranged a meeting in June this year to discuss everything and get everything going so should have a start date on the next game once everything has been announced and given the official go ahead.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Because no date/plans have been fully announced yet. Last season they said it would begin the following season but there was an issue with the funding so took a step back. They have now arranged a meeting in June this year to discuss everything and get everything going so should have a start date on the next game once everything has been announced and given the official go ahead.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Ah I see, thanks for the info! So do you know how that translates into the game? Is there just no new stadium planned? I've passed June of this year in game and there was no message about a meeting, or anything about a stadium in general. I'm kind of hoping that there isn't anything planned so I can wait until we're (hopefully) in the Premiership and have a much higher reputation to request one so I can get a higher capacity than 8k!

Ah I see, thanks for the info! So do you know how that translates into the game? Is there just no new stadium planned? I've passed June of this year in game and there was no message about a meeting, or anything about a stadium in general. I'm kind of hoping that there isn't anything planned so I can wait until we're (hopefully) in the Premiership and have a much higher reputation to request one so I can get a higher capacity than 8k!
The chairman will have a promise set as "promised new ground" so will eventually get it done but only when the club can afford it.

The chairman will have a promise set as "promised new ground" so will eventually get it done but only when the club can afford it.

So I've just finished the second season, finished 6th in League 1 and lost in the playoffs and the club balance was £600,000 in debt... and the board has just announced the new stadium and taken out a loan of £4.8 million. We're replaying it by paying 45k a month back. Got a feeling we're going to go under tbh because the club just can't afford that. Pretty reckless from the board!

Last edited:
So I've just finished the second season, finished 6th in League 1 and lost in the playoffs and the club balance was £600,000 in debt... and the board has just announced the new stadium and taken out a loan of £4.8 million. We're replaying it by paying 45k a month back. Got a feeling we're going to go under tbh because the club just can't afford that. Pretty reckless from the board!
Tough luck for you bro