You can win anything with kids! (Possible Story? You decide!)

Reaction score
alright boys, i am currently helping in the Real Sociedad PTP but i want to have a sort of bit on the side or something to occupy myself while i'm waiting for the sociedad season to come onto my lap. My thought was to take a team of young stars (not including the ones who would start for a prem team i.e Tony Watt, Will Hughes etc) and merging them together into a league i have not yet decided. I am looking for 13 players (i will be doing add players to playable teams to fill in the rest). If this goes ahead i'll need some help. The questions are:

What players to include?

What country/league to play in?

How good will my Youth facilities/recruitment be (somewhere between 5-15)?

I only have two players i would definitely involve

1) Cammy Smith - Aberdeen AM(C)/ST
2) Ryan Fraser - Bournemouth AM(RL)

so i need 11 more hopefully 4 defenders, 6 midfielders and 3 strikers. followed by the youth recruitment to fill in the rest.

Thanks for reading and hopefully i will get some feedback :)!

I will definitely follow. Ryan Gauld, Joel Pohanjpo ( not too sure on the spelling) and Chuba Apkom are all decent wonderkids but not amazing or anything.

I think you should do this with Inverness and have only the best scottish youngsters - Gauld and the two you mentioned being a start.

I think you should do this with Inverness and have only the best scottish youngsters - Gauld and the two you mentioned being a start.
That's a shout however i'd like to create a new team. I will consider the Scottish Leagues but which one? bottom top middle? something i'd have to decide. places i wouldn't like to start is England, or South America as their seasons are massive!

I have to say that whenever i've created a team, I find it hard to stick with it as all realism goes it the window. If it were me I would start at a real team and Inverness are my favourite Scottish side. You could implement a rule that you are olny allowed to sign Scottish U18s and Scottish Internationals as tutors. Of course its your game though and you will know what motivates you :)

I have to say that whenever i've created a team, I find it hard to stick with it as all realism goes it the window. If it were me I would start at a real team and Inverness are my favourite Scottish side. You could implement a rule that you are olny allowed to sign Scottish U18s and Scottish Internationals as tutors. Of course its your game though and you will know what motivates you :)

was thinking about a more loosely followed Youth Academy challenge. The rules would be i can poach/sign regens plus i can buy only over 30's or under 21's (30's for tutoring purposes..) was thinking maybe starting in Wales as i don't see many careers in there.. Inverness.. Really? STAND FREE WHEREVER YOU MAY BE! WE ARE THE FAMOUS ABERDEEN!!!!

I think the Wales league would be too easy. Only reason I like Inverness is that one of the players comes from my town (Josh Meekings) and their team is full of youngsters and no foreigners.

How about i start in the Scottish Championship? make up a team bung them in there and see how that goes?

Yeah that sounds good, though if I were you I would have a 'Scottish only' theme as foreign youngsters would make it too easy. Your overall aim would be to win the Champions League fielding a complete Scottish side and turn Scotland into a hotbed of talent!

Yeah that sounds good, though if I were you I would have a 'Scottish only' theme as foreign youngsters would make it too easy. Your overall aim would be to win the Champions League fielding a complete Scottish side and turn Scotland into a hotbed of talent!

How good will my Youth stuff be, pick a number between 5-15..

GK - Mark Ridgers, Jordan Archer
DF - Mark O'Hara, Ryan Jack, Murray Wallace, Jack Grimmer, Stephen Hendrie, Aaron Sinclair, Matthew Cooper
MD - Martin Laing, Darren Petrie, John McGinn, Jason Holt, Ryan Gauld, Andrew Black, Matthew Kennedy, Liam Polworth
AT - Islam Feruz, Tony Watt (if you want one real star), Robbie Muirhead, Cammy Smith

Just some ideas there, all 16-20

Also, if you fancied, you could start with say 4 experienced Scottish internationals that are on their last legs - could be Craig Gordon, Steven Caldwell, Don Cowie and Kenny Miller? I'm sure you will be able to think of some old 'legends' you'd like to start with to help tutor and bed in the youngsters.

I will pick some of these and will use 'add players to playable teams' So i can maybe get a 27 Premiership quality regen

The Scottish or youth challenge sound like a well good story.