you cant trust genie scout

rahuloof

Reaction score
in 2012 i was confused between Nathan Delfouneso and Romelu Lukaku they both were have same attribute so i decided to use genie scout and it showed that lukaku has much more potential than Delfouneso so i trusted genie and signed lukaku for 52m(H) but after 6 years in 2018 Delfouneso has become one of the best and expensive player in the world oO)while lukaku was my worst signing and his average rating was around 6.5 and i sold him in 2014 for 23 m:':)':)'(

Just because a player has the best potential, doesn't mean they'll reach it.

it also is down to your training schedules, facilities and coaches..so if anything..you could of hindered Lukaku ;)

You need to tick, 'show potential attributes', and they only reach that like iota4u said above if you have good, infact, great coaches, great youth and training facilities. Where did Delfouneso go? If he stayed at Villa they have some of the best training facilities, check the training facilities, reputation and youth facilities on clubs, that could have an impact

maybe next time you should play the game properly and judge them yourself ;)

they don't have THE best.. but you still need great coaches and a great training schedule nonetheless

Yeah Genie Scout told me Amdy Faye was a world class player...

in 2012 i was confused between Nathan Delfouneso and Romelu Lukaku they both were have same attribute so i decided to use genie scout and it showed that lukaku has much more potential than Delfouneso so i trusted genie and signed lukaku for 52m(H) but after 6 years in 2018 Delfouneso has become one of the best and expensive player in the world oO)while lukaku was my worst signing and his average rating was around 6.5 and i sold him in 2014 for 23 m:':)':)'(

Genie Scout just shows you everything in terms of logic. Logically, Lukaku had the better potential and logically Lukaku has the attributes to always reach his potential.

Unfortunately mate, football isn't played on logic. Whether he actually reachs it or not comes down to you and your club, not logic. Form doesn't come down to an endless number of different reasons, not logic

Romelu Lukaku for 52 million, doesn't sound like a good deal to begin with.

If you are using genie scout you need to keep certain things in mind, first, anybody with at least 160 potential and plenty of time for training can become one of your best players with a training schedule that gives him the stats he needs. "Ability" means nothing other than a limit to how high his stats will be overall, but anything like 150-160 is high enough for excellent stats for each player role.. and 140 can still make a decent player at any level...

Second, "show potential attributes" is not very useful (it just seems to add a point or two to random stats). Generally after a couple seasons of proper training they will be a lot better than genie scout predicted.

The bottom line is that genie scout seems like a sure fire way to get all the best players but once you are more familiar with the game, you'll find that your scouts and the player's attributes will really tell you all you need to know. The rest is up to you, your coaches, tactics and your training.

You didn't develop him very well, clearly. Delfouenso was probably playing more minutes than Lukaku.

If you're gonna use Genie Scout anyway to see their potential ratings, why not use FMRTE(for just looking at their ratings of course). I think it's much more accurate.

If you're gonna use Genie Scout anyway to see their potential ratings, why not use FMRTE(for just looking at their ratings of course). I think it's much more accurate.

You can view positional and general ratings in Genie Scout too. I can understand you using them as you were going for a £50+m transfer, but more fun not to.

it happens, some players dont reach their potential. There's always risks. Sounds like you overpaid for him too as 52m you can get aguero who's already reach his full potential ability,.....and many players who have for that deniro

A lot of people seem to hate genie scout on this forum. I just find that strange since this site is very popular for discussing known wonderkids and future stars, unbeatable tactics and whatnot. You'd think genie scout would fit right in with that kind of meta-gaming discussion, and certainly you can't say that genie scout is more game-breaking than downloading the more popular tactics around here. Not a big deal I guess, everybody has their own opinion:p

There could have been many reasons for this, but blaming Genie Scout is rather stupid.

It's a great program that gives all the information you could possibly need on players to judge whether you are going to get them or not.

I'm guessing you either had **** training schedules, **** coaches, useless facilities or you barely gave him any first team football. There a plethora of factors to consider, none of which have to do with Genie Scout. :wub: