You have 9 months to get a job or I’m leaving you!

Where did it all go wrong?

Well, I had 6 losses, 5 draws and only 1 win from the 28th of February until the 16th of May. My job had become untenable. I’d lost the faith of the team, the board and the supporters. So I did what I had to do to support my family and I started the job hunt again.

View attachment 160543

The pre-season

We a couple of leagues held at Brisbane Stadium getting some big name clubs to Australia as well as Leicester visit, we also had a training camp in China and then a couple of friendlies vs bunnys.

View attachment 160092

The transfers.

Big Kiwi Centre Back, Michael Boxall was signed for 41k, he has A League Experience as he played for the Wellington Phoenix for 3 seasons Ryan Edwards was signed on a free and will take up the lacking Right Attacking Midfield position, Edwards has spent time in England and Scotland and looks very promising.

Loanee Stefano Beltrame looked extremely promising until he damaged his cruciate ligaments so his season is finished before it began.

Other signings Alec Goodwin, Jacob Esposito and Jesse Makarounas are mainly for back up but will get game time, Goodwin looked very promising in pre-season.

View attachment 1042497

The month of October

In the league we started off with 3 straight losses, 1-2 vs Adelaide then a 0-1 loss against Melbourne Victory and 0-1 loss against Newcastle Jets. This wasn’t the best start and I was wondering what I had got myself into, some old doubt started kicking in remembering back to my last job in Denmark. There was a bit of a change of formation just to give the team a bit of strength in the midfield I ditched the attacking midfield role and put in a defensive midfielder. After this change we went on to win 1-0 against Sydney FC and then a 3-2 win over West Sydney Wanderers. The goals have been spread around 5 players and an own goal. We haven’t had a “stand out” player of the month but Matt McKay has been the steadiest of the bunch. We have reached the semi-finals of the FFA Cup after we beat Sydney 2-1 with James McClaren grabbing both goals to end his 8 hour gaol drought.

View attachment 160075

In need of some stability.

With a young family to support and only having 7 months on my contract I decided to ask the board for a new deal, I didn’t want more money just a longer contract. I didn’t seem that much to ask, I want stability for my family, a place to call home. But to my disappointment………

View attachment 159253