**** you MLS...

Reaction score
So I decided to give the LA Galaxy a go tonight, but couldn't get past registering my team. Here's the screengrab. Anyone experience this? What do you do? I've tried unclicking all the big salaries. No dice. It's kind of puzzling, seeing as Beckham has a salary of USD 125,000 per week. Any ideas/suggestions?

Many thanks!

i dont see any picture mate. and if ur still having issues, then holiday that day and ur ***.man. will do it for u.

Beckham should be fine since he is a DP as well as Keane. I just started one up to see and all I did was unclick Ricketts (not on team) and one of their older guys who doesn't see the field and it was fine. Don't know what your problem is unless you bought some new players.

Registering your team is easy. As long as you dont go over the salary cap or max number of senior contract players, you are fine. If you dont register a player though, he's waived and let go. Just let go of a couple players that you know will never make the first team and you should be fine. Theres no screenshot though, so im guessing this is the problem you're having.

Also a player on a Designated Player contract can get paid huge money, but only $300,000 goes towards the salary cap.

Thanks for the replies - I'm obviously a newbie, but I appreciate the patience. Here's my attempt to include images. The first image has all players selected, the second has several deselected - but the salary amount remains unchanged. Bug? I went on vacation and that seemed to solve the problem, but I suspect it will come up again once I reach the next game. Any thoughts?

View attachment 216194View attachment 216195

That is weird.. Try clearing it and starting again?

If that doesn't work then you might just have to holiday it and hope for the best?

MLS is always bugged on FM, that's why I never even bother trying to play it.

Hmm....from your screenshots all i can see is that you are still over budget. The easiest way to relieve this is to offer players who you do not plan to use to other MLS teams. That way you can A) ease the salary of your team and B) stockpile draft picks (both SuperDraft and Supplemental Draft picks) to either use or package for another league player.

You should look into trading or buying players with the GA box next to their name because they do not count against the salary cap. From my experience with LA you should terminate all of your loans except for Juninho, and look into cutting dead weight (Dasan Robinson, Chris Burchill, and Frankie Hejduk come immediately to mind).

If you need any other help just let me know. The MLS can be tricky, but also a ton of fun because it really challenges your man management, financial acumen, and overall managerial skill because of the excess of rules.

Back