reubomad

Reaction score
View attachment 854771

Dougie Freedman Resigns!

dougie-freedman-433726.jpg

Freedman pictured whilst managing Bolton Wanderers.

After a shock turn of events, Dougie Freedman has resigned from his position as manager of football league championship club Nottingham Forest. Freedman, 40 didn't even manage a single game for Forest; the club where he made 70 appearances as a player.

Dougie Freedman's exit was the cause of a big disagreement over his contract, this will cause discontent throughout Forest supporters as chairman Fawaz Al Hazawi promised stability to the club he has invested so much in but the constant dismissal's of managers is something that needs to be looked at, Freedman didn't even get it to the press conference which was scheduled for today.

Suggestions for Freedman's successor have so far produced a few managers who will replace him, such as former Forest man and now Republic of Ireland coach Martin O'Neil, Paul Ince and Real Madrid assisstant Paul Clement, with Clement being the favourite. Al Hazawi has yet to release a statement on the matter but it is understood Freedman has resigned.

View attachment 266742

Former Forest Favourite Des Walker Anounces

Interest in Forest Job

By Nottingham Post [FONT=open_sans] | Posted 11 July 2014
[/FONT]

walker-des4340-294310.jpg

Walker playing for Forest, in his second speel at the club in 2004.

After last week's events, few Forest fan's thought that this month could get any crazier but it just has. Hackney-born Des Walker made 321 appearances for the Reds quickly earning himself the illustrious legend status at the club. Walker signed for Forest as a young boy, he was spotted by none other than Brian Clough and from 1982 onwards Des became a force to be reckoned with.

Walker, who turns 49 this November has never managed a club before and he has never expressed his interest but with his son Tyler Walker coming through the U21's there is no doubt that the prospect of managing his promising son may have tempted him to announce his interest. There is no indication that Walker is being considered for the job but none the less it is exciting news in a dark period for the club.

Last edited:
780934d1354380988-jamie-carragher-managers-story-dhcr.png

Breaking News!

2a4061c4f4ccf7e29003addd224828f9.png

We have just received word that former England international Des Walker, the wildcard manager has just been appointed as Nottingham Forest manager. This is Walker's first job and we will be eagerly monitoring his progress at the big stage.

Last edited:
b3fcbd60e578459e0b8465d5eb7491dd.png

My first job as manager of Forest was to be comfortable with my surroundings and to be surrounded by people I know, Lennie Lawrence was the first casualty of the clean-up, he is a capable number two but he wasn't my number two if that makes any sense.

Last edited:
I'll never forget the own goal Des Walker scored in the Forest v Sheff Utd play off game a few years back haha :)
Good luck though mate, Forest really should be in the Premier League!

Walker's first press conference
nottingham-forest-des-walker-220-panini-football-90-football-trading-sticker-28379-p.jpg

BBC Sport: Hello Des, firstly congratulations how does it feel to be back at the club where you spent so much time?

Walker: It's great, obviously I was here for a long time but since then a lot has changed so it will take time to adapt but like I said it is a wonderful feeling to be back.

BBC Radio Nottingham: I'd like to also congratulate you on getting the job, I'd like to ask you what do you think really made you stand out from the other candidates, obviously you're a club icon but what appealed to the owners do you think?

Walker: Well it's impossible to know what the owners thought stood out but I have promised attacking football and develpment of young players and that is what Fawaz wanted.

Sky Sports: What was it about Forest that made you step into management for the first time.

Walker: Well obviously this is a club close to my heart but also the team is extremely strong and this team can challenge for automatic promotion this season, so the team doesn't need a lot of editing

Sky Sports: Did your son at Forest alter your decision?

Walker: Look, yes my son plays for this club but everyone will get their oportunity because that's what the fans want but back to the question Forest tempted me anyway without my son, but the fact that my son plays for the club is a bonus.

BBC Sport: You have already got rid of Lennie Lawrence, is there a replacement lined up and also are there any more staff who should be fearing for their jobs?

Walker: There is a replacement lined up who will probably be revealed this week, there may be a few adjustments to the backroom but nothing major.

BBC East Midlands Today: Before you go can you tell us about any possible transfers in the future?

Walker: Well as I said the squad is pretty strong, I'm expecting more outs than ins but if the opportunity arises to sign a quality player who will genuinely improve the team I will sign them.

Unfortunately that's all I have time for, thank you for the questions.

Last edited:
I'll never forget the own goal Des Walker scored in the Forest v Sheff Utd play off game a few years back haha :)
Good luck though mate, Forest really should be in the Premier League!
Thanks for the support.
Yeah Walker didn't score many goals but when he did score they often were in crucial games, unluckily in that game it was against our rivals but it was a very good game none the less.
Yeah they should be in the premier league realistically.

The New Number Two

ff4d56f17b6a2292f9a368ccad014ce1.png

Stats

8e0e5f8d31ae56fdca6ecd5a9ba25ac4.png

Last edited:
Facility Update

04faace325299ea1c07dd3fa1bfcb9c3.png

Fairly good facilities for a Championship club but...

86cc7e4423fb509740bec541f1a5ad9b.png

And...

3f6df71e16a4d4214f2aeed202f1233f.png

Good result here, off the football pitch it's always nice to upgrade the facilities it means you have a good chairman with lots of money, which is what we want.

Last edited:
Transfers

Out

18d5178cdb8b2b0b0e3d4f487acfe0b6.png

Some big money outs here, these are mostly fringe players like Dexter Blackstock. Jamie Paterson is good but I don't think he has the quality to make a big difference on the squad this season. Kelvin Wilson is a good player, who has been at Forest for two terms but he was getting older and other younger players are equally or better than him so he was alright to go but the players did argue with me to let him go which was a bit annoying.

In

309d4ebde135547316ac19e805aa2da5.png

Some players who can make a difference here. Junior will be mostly backup in the defensive midfield position as we lack real depth in that area. Yeni N'Gbakoto could be a very important player for us and he is extremely cheap, he'll start as backup but he could easily start. Faure is a very cheap centre back who again could start but will be backup. Laste Dombaxe was purchased by my Head of Youth Development Gary Brazil for free after he was released by Spurs, he looks promising.

I did actually try to sign former Liverpool man Dirk Kuyt but he didn't want to come because he thought he was taking a step down to the Championship from his current team Fenerbache in the Turkish Premier League, the club only wanted £1.5 million for him.

Junior - Everton - Loan

e6c6c6fb37542936d6b2d0f3ababb93b.png

Yeni N'Gbakoto - FC Metz - Transfer

e55bf6323193748664ca07353735350e.png

Sebastien Faure - Rangers - Transfer

cab5522e55ea3d50b5aff03de77ceecc.png

Laste Dombaxe - Free - Transfer

1b6831cfa245fc69521c7f1efff0bd91.png

Also...

2f4c6e56768a8cd88a6051c8684f2330.png

No bias here... but he is a very good young player who has a lot of potential, I hope he does well for our U21's and our Senior team.

6a38ca06f74e40483ff516a97a7e9436.png

Staff Transfers

e348d484790b607ea7e5210a096fd046.png

Last edited:
ce5da06884d1d7fc57434dbed7d86390.png

Andy Reid was furious that I sold Kelvin Wilson, he ended up gathering a group of three other players protesting the sale of Wilson. I met with the players and I explained why I sold him, they all agreed... except Reid.

Last edited:
Matchday vs Blackpool - Championship

9/8/14

Tactics for the season

6b09f8b43176323d92b452c524da1033.png

This tactic is designed for a very attacking purpose, one striker but lots of attack minded players around him.

8fc9c8707386b88de0069974ebdc6115.png

Again this is very attacking but the midfield is more supportive to the defence so this tactic could be implemented mid-game when we just want to absorb pressure.

The Game

Blackpool are expected to struggle this season so realistically this game is a great way to get points and to start our season of with a buzz.

745d02b14ca9bd20abf5d0deca32e6c6.png

We should have won more convincingly. The win is nice but Blackpool shouldn't have scored, our striker didn't score which is a bit of a concern but he still got a good rating.

bf20d2f4b18f9b82b7f56055b5712310.png

​This just backs up my point we should have won by a bigger margin.

Man of the Match - Chris Cohen

173412937_2978213.jpg

First man of the match goes to captain Chris Cohen, who scored a good free kick and was consistent throughout the match he got a incredible rating of 9.00. Hopefully this is a good sign for things to come for the veteran Forest man.

Also Chris Burke got injured that game, he will be out for 3-4 weeks which isn't that bad as we do have replacements.

Last edited:
Matchday vs Mansfield - League Cup

13/8/14

Teams
5ba926fbb19d9c436e9328c91ad2d565.png

Standard rotation here, I'm giving Tyler Walker his first team debut, I chose him in favour of Assombalonga, who I will be using next saturday against Bolton and Matty Fryatt who is mainly a bench player. Junior and Yeni are making their full debuts.

The Game

5ded951f852756ca4d94dcabec9cc962.png

Solid win but again it should have been more, Tyler, my son got the winning goal and I'm absolutely estatic for him, it was well taken and it proved to be the winning goal.

d1c8c42bdfc92af93c8d2a4b63bdbea5.png

This proves our dominance in this game, we got 28 shots... again I think it may be a habbit but we have to get more on target and more in the net.

Man of the Match - Tyler Walker

9811114.jpg

Walker was solid this game, grabbing a goal and getting a rating of 8.4 this game which isn't bad for a young 17 year old, he has already matched my goalscoring record! The cheek of it.

2e5a16b669b85b1a08a74963c2bdb55f.png

League Cup Draw - Bolton Wanderers

2fae5cd08e654f61adae985722f50064.png

Not the worst draw in the world, we actually play Bolton in our next league game, I'm expecting us to win this game.

Matchday vs Bolton - Championship

16/8/14

Teams
5ea54585f5107171447f671ae2875a48.png

Back to our first team with Assombalonga slotting back in the first team, with star Walker on the bench. Cohen is back after being rested and Reid slots back into the central attacking position.

The Game

dcd676a11ba7dcef7f68e5261270a8a7.png

Bore draw here, again we dominated but our strikers cant score, Assombalonga is still without a goal, there's just not a lot to say really.

91728125d9291e1d1fca4f0105f1c969.png

It's just getting annoying now because we just cant score, and if we do it's not very convincingly, the three games that we have played we should have won by a bigger margin.

Man of the Match - Karl Darlow

forest-and-preston-to-go-again-Image.ashx

Our loanee goalkeeper won man of the match today, making some vital saves in the game. Darlow came through our youth system but was bought by Newcastle last season and has been loaned out to us for the rest of the season.